So in two weeks it will be Wally Wood's birthday...

So in two weeks it will be Wally Wood's birthday, he would have been 90 years old this year if the comic industry didn't kill him. Wood was the greatest cartoonist to ever work in the comics industry, so much so that in a time when it was rare for a writer to get cover credit Wood was getting it as an inker.
In the words of Steranko "Woody could do everything. He could do cartoons like nobody. He could do realism. He could do Hal Foster. He could do Alex Raymond. He could do westerns, he could do horror, he could do everything and do it superbly."
To celebrate I'm gonna be doing some Wally Wood storytimes all month long. Even some of the racy stuff We're gonna start today with his EC comics stuff.

And now the comics

Any recommended collections? I'd get witzend but it's OOP

You can get this collection for $24 still, but the Slipcase library collection is up to $400 if you want more EC creators. There's another EC collection of his called Spawn of Mars too. You can also get his Cannon hardcover pretty cheap as well as Shattuck which is his western comic.

Also Fantagraphics just republished a biography on him that I would also recommend

I don't know why FG decided to do these in black and white. They'd be perfect if they were in color, the coloring is a huge part of the EC appeal.

I like the black and white, there have been a lot of EC reissues with color before too.

>if the comic industry didn't kill him
Wally Wood committed suicide because he couldn't face kidney dialysis. The comic industry didn't do anything to him that they didn't do to a thousand other writers and artists.

Stop making stuff up.

Wally Wood faced kidney dialysis from alcoholism due to the stress working in the comics industry. He was the greatest to ever live and he died penniless in an apartment smaller than your bedroom.
And I would argue that Wood and the rest of the EC creators did face harder times in the industry due to the CCA's hatred for EC.

>alcoholism due to the stress working in the comics industry

It's always nice when you can boil something as complex as a human life down to a causal relationship between two unsourced assertions. But really, the important thing is that you've managed to form an angry, contentious opinion about something nobody cares about. Kudos.

I'm not angry user.

That's as idiotic as saying the comics industry killed Joe Maneely because he fell in front of a subway train on his way to work.

Okay.