Daily reminder Agents of Shield is canon to the MCU and if you aren't watch it...

Daily reminder Agents of Shield is canon to the MCU and if you aren't watch it, you don't fully understand what's going on in the MCU.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Fpv4g5WgOfo
i.love.to/bang/Elizabeth.Henstridge/ElizabethHenstridge_TheThompsons.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice joke.

This is an interesting way to start an AoS thread.

When is Ward coming back as an LMD or through project looking glass?

When they want more viewers

>Daily reminder Agents of Shield is canon to the MCU

I don't see how. The MCU is produced exclusively by Marvel Studios. AOS is produced by an entirely separate division of Marvel.

How can they be canon when there is no cooperation between the two studios to guarantee continuity?

>Daily reminder Agents of Shield is canon to the MCU
Correct.

>if you aren't watch it, you don't fully understand what's going on in the MCU
Completely incorrect. Nothing of any importance or relevance happens in the show, at least nothing that drastically affects the setting. Also, the movies will never acknowledge any of the stuff anyways, so if you only watch the movies, you can pretty safely ignore AoS.

>fully understand whats going on
>implying MCU storylines are so intricate/complex that I need to watch Agents of SHIT to fully grasp whats going on

Good Joke, Friendo.

Same way that the various YA prose novels that Marvel puts out are canon to 616 despite them never getting acknowledged by the comics and handled by a different division. The comics are what "matter" to 616 so they just ignore the prose novels and tell their own stories, but the prose novels are still set in 616 and are canon to 616.

They're just unimportant to the setting, and if/when a contradiction between the prose novels and the comics come up, the comics get precedent.

There's a Miles Morales prose novel coming out in a couple months that's canon, but there's no way in fucking hell that Bendis is going to acknowledge anything that happens in it. Same deal with the movies and shows. The shows take place in the MCU and are canon to it, but the movies are what "matter" so they'll ignore the shows and do their own thing.

First part is correct, second part is not

Nah, it's the other way around. The movies are canon to the show, but not vice versa. Didn't they say in the show over 100 people died in avengers 1 and then in avengers 2 or whatever, they said only 70 people died? Completely contradicting the show? Yeah, thats all you really need to know.

Daily reminder that Elizabeth Henstridge has nice tits.

That just doesn't make sense to me. If there's no cohesion, it can't be canon. If the one media that takes precedence is not acknowledging the other, then it shouldn't be canon. Literally no one who works in Marvel Studios cares the least bit about what those in Marvel Entertainment is doing.

I don't think AoS or the netflix shows can be counted as canon despite that they're trying to ride on the MCU's coattails.

AOS and the neflix shows are just an AU where the Avengers don't do anything and most of the world threats are dealt with by a still living Coulson.

>that jiggle

user, even in the comics, you'll have contradictions left and right and a lack of cohesion. Phoenix showed up in the Thanos, Jean Grey and Mighty Thor ongoings, and each one of them contradicts the appearance in the other.

Does that mean the Thanos ongoing isn't canon? That the Jean Grey ongoing isn't canon? That the Thor ongoing isn't canon? Are they all canon, or only the one that was published most recently? What about the fact that they're getting published concurrently?

The movies are telling their stories and the shows are telling their stories. The impetus is on the shows to make sure their stories fit into the movies' stories.

If this is somehow hard for you to grasp then just ignore the shows. What "is and isn't canon" is largely unimportant. It adds more flavor and builds out the setting. If you want that, good, it's there. If you don't want that and prefer a tightly constructed "no continuity errors or contradictions allowed, everything references everything and if something doesn't get referenced then it doesn't exist" then just stick to the movies.

At a certain point, you're putting more thought into it than people at Marvel Studios OR Marvel Television are.

What episode was this

Fun fact:

In the middle ages, all sorts of different people wrote Arthurian stories, sometimes referencing each other, but also often telling the same story different ways or outright contradicting each other.

The authors simply told the stories they wanted to tell, referenced and followed the stories they thought were good enough to matter, and ignored the rest.

All of this was a shared fictional universe with light 'cannon' but no real over-arching control.

It wasn't until sir thommas mallory translated the french romances into english and compiled them together into one giant reboot that we actually get a cohesive story of king arthur and the knights of the round table from start to finish.
TL;DR King Arthur was the first superhero with a shared universe and he didn't need no stinking cannon.

The most recent season's finale, IIRC.

There's only a single reason why it's not canon. Feige fucking hates Perlmutter, so bringing in tv shit in the movies he has to work with him again.

But those are the comics though. Comics aren't held to the same standards.

>The movies are telling their stories and the shows are telling their stories. The impetus is on the shows to make sure their stories fit into the movies' stories.

If the shows were canon to the movies, then things that happen in the shows should reflect on the movies. Just look at Star Wars for fuck's sake. Shit that happens in the shows, comics and novels actually influences what happens in the new movies. If AoS and the netflix shows were canon to the MCU, they would rightfully have the exact same influence. An accurate comparison to Star Wars with AoS and the netflix shows would be to Star Wars' EU, which was never canon to Star Wars.

>If this is somehow hard for you to grasp then just ignore the shows.
That's hard to do when you get cunts who stupidly proclaim:
> Agents of Shield is canon to the MCU
all the goddamn time.

>Feige fucking hates Perlmutter, so bringing in tv shit in the movies he has to work with him again.

I thought it was because Feige wanted to maintain creative control over the project that he started. Allowing TV to influence his baby would deny him the complete control that he wanted. Thus why Marvel Studios is the only division of Marvel that produces ANY MCU media.

It is canon, but you don't need to watch it to understand everything that's going on in the movies.

It's actually doing things better than the stuff in the movies. The episode Self Control and and Arrow's 5th season finale have been the best capestuff I've seen all year.

>TL;DR King Arthur was the first superhero with a shared universe and he didn't need no stinking cannon.

Heracles says hello.

Daily reminder Talbot took a bullet to the head

A true American hero.

you'd think the appearance of inhumans would drastically affect the setting. As far as the movies are concerned, there are only like a dozen people with superpowers in the entire world, but counting Agents of SHIELD there are more like thousands.

I stopped watching mid season 3 though so I don't know what's happened since

>Comics aren't held to the same standards.
Maybe you don't hold them to the same standards, but that says more about you than it does them. Frankly, I hold comics to a higher standard than TV/movies. With comics, the shared universe is a selling point whereas with movies/TV, the selling point is the quality of the product with the shared universe aspect just being an extra cherry on top. The X-men Cinematic Universe is an absolute fucking mess, but does that bring the rest down? Did you hate Logan and Deadpool because it didn't neatly tie into Apocalypse and Days of Future Past?

The XCU is in a worse state cohesion-wise than the comics or MCU, but that doesn't make Logan, Deadpool, or Legion any worse and no one particularly cares that there's continuity errors all over for them. Would it be nice if they all fit together nicely? Sure, but what really matters is each individual movie. If a movie or tv show is unable to stand on its own, then it's a failure. On the flip side, a comic that stands on its own is often looked down on, at least within a shared universe.

>over the project that he started
The project he started with Perlmutter and the Marvel Creative Committee's backing. Yes, Feige played an important role but he isn't the "creator" of the MCU anymore than Perlmutter is.

>I stopped watching mid season 3
>missing out on Hive's Wild Ride, Ghost Rider, LMDs Everywhere and House of H/Secret Empire: Matrix Edition
But why?

Civil War gave a justification for the lack of Avengers involvement in anything on the TV side and recontextualized the Sokkovia Accords from just being "we need to keep these dozen people in check, half of whom don't even have powers and shouldn't have to be registered" to a proper superhuman registry.

In that regard, AoS actually makes CW better.

the last episode I saw had a high ranking member of Hydra who had been pulling strings from behind the scenes since at least the first Avengers movie suddenly turn into a psychotic toddler because Hive let him wear a superpowered exoskeleton. There's a certain level of camp and silliness I can accept, but this guy was WAY more powerful due to his money, position, and connections than he could ever be due to power armor and he willingly threw it all away for an opportunity to smash a few desks and lose a fight to the protagonists. Completely ruined him as a villain in my eyes. Also the show in general was getting kind of boring around then

So Agent Carter is canon since Marvel Studios did that? Good to know

youtu.be/Fpv4g5WgOfo

>only Marvel Studios releases MCU canon media
>cover literally says MCU tie-in
>Feige is involved with the comics
>writers have access to scripts and BTS info to write the tie-ins

Why do you idiots have such a hard time accepting that there is other canon material?

You don't have to read it or watch it. It's not consequential, and it will never be referenced in the films. But that doesn't mean it isn't canon. You're supposed to be comic fans, but you can't understand the concept of canon?

>You're supposed to be comic fans
>MCU

lol

Evidence to say the show isn't canon
> Muh Joss Quote
> Why aren't X here?

Evidence to say that it is canon
>spread throughout the show in the form of things like Nick Fury played by Jackson, Hill, Sif, the Sokovia accords, Loki being referenced and his killing of Phil being the impotus for all of season one, the pilot literally featuring snapshots from The Avengers, frequent name drops of Stark, Hulk and such, the show being marketed as being a part of the MCU and even called MARVEL'S Agents of SHIELD.

Evidence for why people should give a shit either way:
>file not found

Just enjoy it or don't. Who cares if it's canon. It is, but who cares?

Same here, although I finished S3. Thorough the last few episodes I honestly hoped it would just end already though, for some reason the writing really went to shit there.

>the shows don't affect the movies at all
>the movies will never acknowledge or reference the shows. Ever.
>BUT THE SHOWS SURE ARE CANON GUIZE YUK YUK
This is how dumb you sound.

And you think that makes them non-canon? Yet HE'S the stupid one?

Not him, but how does it matter whether they're canon or not when it literally affects nothing? Who fucking cares?

If you don't care about them, then no -- it doesn't matter. But them being canon is a literal fact, and it's retarded to deny that.

The fact that they are so detached from one another can allow me to easily say something like "Agents of Shield is canon to the DCEU" and still be a valid comment.

Remind me again -- which DCEU characters have shown up on agents of shield?

But they aren't that detached.

Cyborg

Hm... must have missed that episode. Weird.

Oh wait - you're just retarded.

Too bad she's not as outgoing as Quake's Chloe is

it was a joke about how the show had a lame D list black man with robot parts that no one gives a shit about, relax

It's ok OP, I don't care what's going in the MCU.

he's not wrong though

>deathlok is cyborg
u wot

Characters from the films appearing on TV:
>Nick Fury
>Maria Hill
>Sitwell
>Sif
>Peggy Carter
>Howling Commandoes
>President Ellis
>Howard Stark
>Zola

>people still pretend that it's not canon

It's at the same level as cannon as Daredevil.

That's all you should need to know.

Years since I've watch AoS for last time. How is the Zola's cameo?

>tv budget show made a better looking Cyborg than DCEU

Let me know when some of the TV characters appear in the movies.

Agent Coulson.

Ding ding school's in, bitch.

You forgot Gideon Malick. He was the person in Avengers 1 on the World Security Council that was advocating for the use of nukes, and then he was one of the main villains of AoS S3.

Many of the tv characters have appeared in movies, like Coulson, Maria Hill, Giddeon Mallik, Nick Fury, Peggy Carter and the Howling comandos, lady Sif.

They're in both, so they're both tv and movie characters.

i.love.to/bang/Elizabeth.Henstridge/ElizabethHenstridge_TheThompsons.jpg

It's Agent Carter, but I think it's pretty minor.

That's not a good example since Daredevil was the one time something popped up in a show first, then in the movies.

RIP in peace LMayD

>Deadpool just killed 616 Coulson.

Thank goodness for Metro-General Hospital.

So it's 100% canon?

its not SUPER CANON though.
Even a small nod would be something, like name dropping gen talbot.

Dr. Strange worked at Metro-General Hospital, which is the same fictional hospital that Claire Temple worked at.

>sideboob

So perfect

well its confirmed then. Series and movies are canon to each other.

The real hero...