Infamous Sup Forums moments

Homer's Enemy, The Boys Of Bummer, and On A Clear Day I Can't See My Sister.

Discuss.

>homer's enemy
what's infamous about it?
homer was a stupid dick as always, grimes desserved nothing of the things that happened to him.

Good, shit and kinda shit. What else is there to discuss?

This Sup Forums moment is pretty infamous

I never get why it's such a big thing. He was performing an act in drag for laughs, he wasn't coming out as trans

>homer was a stupid dick as always, grimes desserved nothing of the things that happened to him.

A lot of people really get their panties in a twist when a character "does everything right" and they still get shat on. It's not a popular kind of comedy in the US at least, as the idea is that if you work hard and try to excel, you should be rewarded. A harsh uncaring universe that rewards lazy/lucky and punishes those who strive is not considered particularly comedic.

The reason is that he makes an AWFUL trap. If he looked good, he could have been Princess Marco 2.

The audience doesn't care if a loser character like Moe or Gill has bad luck but Grimes tries and fails and doesn't get why. Just like part of the audience who identifies with him.

Moe and Gill don't actually die, though. And people around them do occasional feel for them.

But nobody like Frank Grimes. Nobody took his legitimate complaints seriously. And in the end, he died, and it was treated as a joke.

Nobody in the Simpson's universe, I mean. But yeah, like you said, Grimes wasn't a "loser" either. He did everything one was SUPPOSED to do in order to be successful, but he was still a failure.

so his dick wasn't femine enough?

>we was kangs and shit! patient 0

Now you're getting it.

when this fat piece of ass showed itself on this board

He was too real. The majority of cross-dressers aren't attractive, they are just repulsive. And you could tell he wasn't dressing up for laughs, he was actually in character as a pop whore. He scraped the pink dreams of anons with the jagged, AIDS-infested edges of reality.

Homer vs. dignity

The start of The Simpsons debacle.

>He was performing an act in drag for laugh
But that's the thing, he wasn't. Everyone immediately knew it was Steven, they applauded, and treated it like it was normal. Where's the joke in defining social norms and no one bats an eye over it?

Usually when that type of thing is done, there's a punchline to it. The character in drag isn't the joke, it's the reaction around it.

When Gumball was in a dress, people treated him better because they didn't know it was Gumball and just thought he was a pretty girl despite barely looking any different.
When Elmer falls for Bugs in drag, it's funny because he's so stupid he can't tell it's Bugs in drag.
When Genie dolls up as a big woman and does an accent, it's funny because he's playing a really cartoony caricature of a type of boisterous personality we're familiar with.
When Mulan's friends disguise themselves as women, it's funny because they're pretty traditional-minded characters who have to get out of their comfort zone and try to act sexy even though they make for ugly women.
When Johnny Bravo dresses up as the Tooth Fairy, it's funny because he's so overly macho, that putting him in a dress are contrasts and contrasts are funny. It's especially funny that he thinks that disguise fools anyone.

What is the punchline with Steven? Whenever the crew tries to do stuff like this, you can internally tell they're backing it up with, "B-but Bugs...!" but the joke wasn't just a character in drag. There were other elements at play that they failed to get, like they often do. It's why the humor in SU is so hit or miss.

It felt like they were too afraid to offend someone by portraying cross-dressing as funny. Instead they made all of the characters have positive accepting reactions to it.

To me, the closest I can find to a punchline is that the crew was trying to imply Steven is so dumb, that he thinks he NEEDED to wear the outfit in order to perform Sadie's song. Like they go hand-in-hand.

Kind of like that King of the Hill moment where Cotton ties up a nude Hank and locks him up in some historical society building and he steals the clothing off of an old explorer mannequin, including the raccoon skin hat. As he runs out of the building, he says, "Why am I wearing the hat?" and tosses it. But Steven never had that moment of realization so I don't think they pushed that joke as well as they would have wanted to.

Nobody tells you that relations and conections are the most important part. Nobody likes him. He has no friends.
Burns doesn't remember his empoyees and Grimes Co-workers don't care for his brown nosing work.

I thought it was funny because I expected him to just go out on stage and sing the song in stead of Sadie, but that wasn't enough for him so he adopted her whole get-up and choreography.
And it makes sense because he passionately helped create the performance for Sadie.