ITT: Cartoon/Comic/Screenplay Ideas Thread

Post em

Alex Rider Netflix series, blend of 2D and 3D animation. Each book is a season (merge a few here and there), ending in Scorpia Rising. Then you make a Yassen prequel miniseries based off of Russian Roulette.

Animated adaptation of the Long Halloween. That's it.

Kingdom Come animated film.
Batman Beyond sequel series.

Good idea

Bump

A school for young circus performers

Mite b. Good

Illuminatus!: the Netflix Series.

I'll post my idea from a previous thread like this

A macabre yet light-hearted comedy set in a gloomy old-fashioned mental asylum in the woods where nights seem to last a lot longer than days. The characters are the various patients and staff around the asylum, each with their own quirks. Whoever designed the building must have had some mental issues of their own, since the architecture is downright bizarre in a lot of places.

How's that sound?

Time travel series where kids fight totally-not-communists across history, only to discover halfway through the season that they are a TV show and need to escape their dimension to ours to figure out a way to defeat the villains once and for all and restore peace to their timeline.

Eventually, they become disillusioned after meeting the series's creator, and decide to take over the show. They use time travel to do this, and end up becoming the villains they were fighting in the first place.

Sounds fun desu

I would watch this.

Surprised this hasn't happened yet

That sounds really good.

Space Western/Opera with touches of supernatural elements (ala Dawson's Christian) starring two twins, a ship AI, and an alien anthropologist who are working on the twins' father's mysterious ship as his last request and fulfilling some of his old jobs.

Mostly it's about exploring strange worlds, cool action sequences, quirky jobs, with an air of mystery about the father's 'courier' service.

Batman Kills The Furries, a 53 episode live action Netflix series.

Sounds good

A group of forgotten cartoon characters try to be relevant and connecte to today's youth by making a artsy farty series on YouTube (think of don't hug me I'm scared or salad fingers or anything along those lines) and is about how they all fail miserably at it. With stuff like golden age animation characters trying to be creepy or when they try to do something symbolic one of the characters goes "oh I get it's so post to be x"

Alternate future batman. Has same origin story as Bruce except he was the one who shot the kids parents.
Bruce blackmails him into replacing himself since is too old and have more of a confrontational relationship rather than teacher/student
Original villains(new heroes who fight old/B-list Villains are doomed to obscurity)

Eh I've written this before but fuck it.

In a quiet coastal New England city, a nerdy social introverted teenage girl riddled with anxiety named Katie tries to make it through life and high school. Due to her witch ancestry she happens to have the ability to travel into the dreams of others, a power she uses to investigate the mysteries of her town, a thriving port secretly run by an ancient cult worshipping a sleeping Lovecraftian horror.

She is frequently joined by her cousin Dan, a secretly gay wannabe rockstar with a gruff exterior, and her best friend Marina, a micromanaging social butterfly latina qt. Other characters include Miguel, Marina's chill older cousin and guardian who works as a semi-successful novelist and helps the gang out from time to time, Ari, local queen bitch and theatre starlet with the best tits in a 10km radius, and Jonathan, the cynical slacker and captain of the worst lacrosse team in the state.

The plot I have going focuses mainly around the idea that kids in the area getting subtle supernatural abilities, climaxing with the reveal that Ari has the ability to selectively remove memories from others and has been using it to fuck with the cast. Meanwhile, Miguel slowly forms a coalition against the cultists, gradually drawing a line in the sand that splits the town in two.

Basically it's Jojolion meets Night in the Woods, mundane kids getting caught up in grandiose struggles over the fate of their humble town.

This is my take on a friend's idea for a comic which she's already working on so if you see something that reminds you of this a few months from now that's why.

A young man, on the eve of his 21st birthday at the height of the Great Recession, learns that he is the son of the Devil, and is summoned to come to meet his father. Tuens out that the Devil is actually a role, a beast each member of his lineage is turned into upon reaching a certain age. As part of his coming of age cerimony, he must take a symbolic quest through the heart of America to eventually find, face, and kill his father, taking on the full powers and responsibilities of Satan. As part of his particular twist on the curse of satan, he is stricken with the Curse of Providence: the knowledge that every story he touches will turn to tragedy sooner or later.

Naturally upset with this, he sets out with his closest buddies to find his father and set the record straight, attempting to reject his destiny and fix his luck, along the way getting into scraps with his father's many associates and hired guns, themselves taken fron various urban myths and legends from Americana. During this journey he comed into a better understanding of his place in the universe, and meets a wide assortment of peoples who, as per the curse, all run into poor luck just as he meets them, and find different ways to cope with the poor hand of fate they'd been given. We are also gradually shown visions of the past, both our hero's own life story and the legacy of his forefathers in the Americas, both how their demonic influence manifested and in how they dealt with that throughout their own quest.

Basically a spiritual roadtrip theough the heart of Americana that's basically Anerican Gods crossed with Stardust Crusaders with a hint of the dark-light comedy mix of My Name is Earl.

Pretty much After people, but its a hunt for the truth as to what happened to humans; no dialogue whatsoever except for the intro.

Pic related.

These sound great. Would watch/read

Thanks, I wish I could make it happen, or that someone would make it happen.

Not a fan, but I bet you could make me look like an ass by pulling it off

W-who's doing the hunting?

Describe your pitch by naming 2-4 albums it takes after the most.

Had a inkling of an idea.

Basically the process of becoming a orange lantern. A Intergalactic space pirate defeats Larfleeze at the cost of his crew. Afterwords it shows his descent to become the husk of Avarice.

That sounds like a premise with the potential for a lot of real comic mindfuckery.

Tell me about the characters.

Really liked the idea of watching a man lose himself. A few things i have in my head are

1. Starts with big battle between Larfleeze and the entire pirate fleet. Ends with the captain pulling the ring off Larf and being taken aback by being warned about the ring rather than begs for life.

2. Everybody in the Emotional Spectrum flipping shit when there's a new agent Orange that not only remembers there's shit outside the sector, but seems to also have prisoners of the ring that are much more complying (he has his crew in the ring from the previous fight)

3. A running thing is that the new agent talks between his trusted friend, only for it to end when he says something like

>Why am I calling you? Eugh, some bad habit I need to quit, save me some power to get more things.

I haven't thought of any characters. It's just an idea I had, genius.

Yeah I got nothin' user.

I love it!

Kid travels through fantasy world that turns out to be a collection of memories from a sleeping god.

Isn't that Link's awakening?

Is it? Never played it.
Either way, still solidifying the story and that description's pretty generic.

I had an idea where one of Gotham city's horrendously corrupt mayors has a wife and kids, and that family is also in a horrendous state, culminating in te Mayor killing his wife and getting off clean. This drives the son to go on a crusade to kill his father, slowly revealing along the story all the horrible things he did to his son.

A set up for my ideal Justice League
>Set up: The original JL fought together for 5-7 years, consisting of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry), Green Lantern (Hal), Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter. After fighting a world-threatening entity, The Flash is killed, and the team disbands. Hal returns to Oa for senior Lantern duties, Aquaman makes Atlantis his first priority, and J'onn leaves to discover his humanity.
The trinity distance themselves as well, but keep to their superhero duties.
>Arcs develop Wally West becoming the new Flash, having been Barry's sidekick, Zatanna embracing vigilante status after the death of her father, and introducing a young John Stewart as Earth's new Lantern. The young hero's meet, and there shortcomings become apparent. John, despite being young still, is arrogant, thinking his time in the military and the lanterns give him an edge. Wally is laid back, and much more reserved than he lets on, in part due to how he feels about succeeding Barry. Zatanna is mischievous, and occasionally reckless. They all come to acknowledge these flaws after meeting, overcoming them and relating on how they all have a legacy to look up to.
What do you think so far?

A comic about a Predator that fights in a Roman colisseum because he loves it. Another Predator shows up and they fight because the first Predator is basically giving away that there are predators. Their fight ends up in the secret cavern where one's ship is parked. The one that came to bring the first one back loses and self-destructs, blowing the ship and the mountain sky high. This is the story of Pompeii.

im gunna play PUBG instead of draw

pic related Basically samurai jack but with Samuel l Jackson voicing every character

Gotrek and Felix animated series by Genndy Tartakovsky. Get someone to help him write

1960s East German Rape Baby Batman

>World where everyone has a pre set destiny.
>MC never had one. Now in his twenties he's living a quiet life working in a supermarket and kickboxing
>Proceeds to ruin that life in a moment of irrationality when he beats the unholy shit out of a man destined to be an undefeated champion for the money.
>Gets offered a sum to watch over a rich guys daughter whom will commit a murder eventually according to hers.
Its a coming of age story.

It's not really about him learning to live a more exciting life or getting the girl. More about just trying to figure out how much of an asshole he actually is and if he's actually happy with the life he chose.

Also he doesn't end up with the girl he's hired to keep an eye on. People seem to like the dynamic of hazy drug addict and quiet straight man but it kind of contradicts the whole point of it.

A fujoshi dolphin-gal tries to trick anons into caves, but this time it happens in the endless realms of light and repentance.

>Also he doesn't end up with the girl he's hired to keep an eye on. People seem to like the dynamic of hazy drug addict and quiet straight man but it kind of contradicts the whole point of it.
C'mon don't be a bitch.

The Rape of Wonder Woman

Starts off as a surprisingly small time team up between Wonder Woman and Superman. Villain with low-level mind-control tech, or pheromones laced with silver kryptonite or other hallucinogenic. In order to make an escape, the villain uses their abilities to mesmerize Superman into believing he was having a romantic rendezvous, and that she "likes it rough". Diana struggles to fight him off, initially not wanting to hurt him, but finding herself forced to try in an attempt to snap him out of it, but he's too strong. Eventually she just relents and lets Superman fuck her. She endures it for hours, orgasming over and over. When it stops, she's not the only one crying. Superman flies off in shame and anguish, leaving Wonder Woman to curl up and sob until Batman comes to find her. She's distraught, not wanting to be touched. And she has to be coaxed into the batplane so he can fly her to the island to recover.

Batman captures the villain with little trouble, but Superman fled into deep space, not able to face what he was forced to do, and Wonder Woman has nightmares and is traumatized. Batman makes frequent visits to lend Wonder Woman an ear, letting himself be the focus of her rage, shame, and anguish while the League enlists the Green Lantern Corp to search for Superman.

Diana soon comes to realize she's pregnant. And with the help of her mother, and her friends, she's able to overcome her trauma and deliver a healthy child. The Lanterns find Superman on a planet orbiting a red giant, much the worse psychologically, punishing himself in his isolation. Batman goes to recover him, and Diana follows. Clark breaks down upon seeing her, but she holds him, and Batman wraps them both up in his cape, leading them to the space ship and home so they can heal together.

So I'll be shadowing someone at a studio in two weeks. Can't decide if I should focus my preptime on:

(a) character animations
(b) character design + story
(c) best possible write-up of the ideas with the little artwork I have

Also don't know if I should primarily proceed with the idea I'm mostly using to hone my skills or the endgame show I want to make years from now. My endgame idea is probably objectively better, but I don't have much to show for it other than a piece of concept art a friend made over a year ago (much better than any of my own drawings) and a shitton of theoretical babblings about live-action cinema I doubt anyone in day-to-day animation cares about. My other idea has a shitton of inspirations too, but they're easier to just show and tell (but they look worse). Also I feel like the endgame show looks more harmless and generic on the surface, but actually has more imagery and themes a lot of people might find alienating in the context of the whole show.

Not even bismuth has this many edges.

Eh. It's a consequence of the subject matter.

bump

>Making an image comic pitch
>writing out a first issue script
>know that it can't be a gorillion pages, so set a maximum of what I thought the max page count was, 35
>try to keep a compressed plot that doesn't seem too rushed, so far so good and honestly the lack of bullshit filler helps enhance the dramatic tension and importance of scenes
>finishing first act about 12 pages in
>double check on what most comic issues are page counted at
>24 pages for long issues and half of those are ads

Am I fucked? Or does image let you print more pages than that an issue?

Image scripts are outta wack with tv scripts. Some things you can cut, some you can translate to visuals, some you'll just have to rework for later.

For reference, I'm the writer and artist so I'm writing it specifically page to page with notes on how many panels, what length, etc, just generally. Looking at how the 2000 ad guys do it really sorts your shit out. So it's not really a tv script.

The problem is then it's hard to take stuff out when you've created a really tight flow, and if the page limit is way lower than what I thought it'd be then either I need to compress it even more or cut up the story into two issues.

A story about a boy afraid to die

does he die?

Good luck to both, do your best.

Wtf, man.

oh

I like these desu.

Call it Connect's Arousing.

Jokes aside I'm sure you can find ways to make it different!

>modern DC animation
Terrible idea.

Why not just have Flash run back in time and prevent the rape?

Make Go-Go Hypergrind into an actual cartoon.