This movie gets the DC spirit. Why can't we have a Superman movie as inspiring as this?

This movie gets the DC spirit. Why can't we have a Superman movie as inspiring as this?

Is it still possible to fix Superman in the DCEU? Can Johns pull it off? Or is Wonder Woman the new Superman?

Snyder's not coming back, so yes.

Joss will hint that Supes resurrection changed his perspective, and he will be the Supes everyone knows in his next solo movie.

as a life long DC reader, Snyder already does a fine job of that. There is no one "thing" that DC is, read more comics.

Sadly JL already continues from BvS, so no.

>Snyder loves Superman
>He says he's a though nut to crack, they don't know what to do with him
>He says he's too good so they decided to make him more gray

>Superman in the DCEU

WB managed to recast Batgod; sure people complained about the Val Kilmer and Clooney versions, but the problems were not so much with the actors (well, George maybe) but with the scripts, villains, direction, etc.

Given the right script and director, there's no reason why Superman can't be retooled.

They probably need to do a movie that's a departure.

>Can Johns pull it off?

The cereal kings main contribution is getting his own shitty canon adapted by other artists, whether it be WB Animation, DCW on tv or live action. His main contribution to Wonder Woman was getting them to insert his ice cream story from Justice League origins (just as he got that stuck into the WB animation adaption he strongly encourage them to make as the first post DCAU film) - it was others who dropped his edgy shit (like having Diana running around waving a sword and pointing it in the face of the ice cream vendor).

Or is Wonder Woman the new Superman?

Nope.

what? no way! sauce?

As another life long DC reader, I am glad we aren't going to see Snyder and his boring ass Christ allegories anymore. Probably the most obvious and shallow interpretation of that character I've seen.

>the IP didnt go up

thats sad, you samefag

>no sources

>christ allegories

so you didnt understand the movie at all then, got it.

Snyder fags, everyone!

You are so goddamn dumb, you must be underage. The entire movie is about how he ISNT christ but people cant stop projecting otherwise.

>getting mad that people are pointing out that you fatally misunderstood the point of the movie

do all idiots get this angry?

Wait.....are you saying that this user and are the same person?

I KNEW IT.

I knew that you fucks fabricate your own company war faggotory playing both sides. Patethic.

> dc spirit

I don't get it.

A lot of the symbolism, like waking up three days after death or the crucifix pose after he takes a nuke seems to point towards the christ allegories.

The number of IPs show that the first and second post were made by the same people.

Kill yourself, retard.

What the fuck

Why are people ignoring this?

do you?

Time to change your shitty PC.

>Saves lois...
At least six of those are just him saving his girlfriend.

>Surrenders to humanity x2
Not really that heroic when it's literally zero risk for him

>protects humanity from kryptonians
>saves humanity from world engine
>saves humanity from extinction by Zod
Literally the same thing 3 times

>self-sacrifice on there 3 times
>those last two squares
Really trying to fill up that space, huh?

Furthermore, that's a bullshit strawman. No one says that Superman never saves anyone. The complaint is that the movies aren't inspiring, because they're not.

>implying Supes is the problem

MoS was fine, and they trashed the old crystal lore that was always a bit shit in movies.

It's the new Batman and his ensemble that are shit. It's Batman who had all the retarded lines, all the quips that didn't make sense with the rewrites, the grudge that also didn't make sense due to the sheer amount of mercy, compassion and altruism supes kept showing humanity, the ignoring of his butler when he voices what any sane person would do.

>B-b-but Batman was tricked by Lex

And that's another thing, why would Batman ever do Lex's dirty work? Bruce KNOWS that Lex is a dickhead in every damn continuum they're in, and Lex usually forgoes his rule of manipulation for being able to masturbate his hateboner for supes in person.

Fuck Miller's Batman, and stop putting him in shit. If I wanted Batman with PTSD and Dementia, I'd go watch that edgy ass cartoon.

>Supefags in denial
While Batman had a lot of shitty things, he also had the best scenes in the whole movie.

>your parents probably taught you that you could do things to make life better
>well my parents got shot, so fuck your altruism

>Is she with you?
>I thought she was with you, you know, after performing surveillance on you. That really good surveillance.

You're gonna have to point out these scenes man, because all I'm remembering is Affleck glaring, being shitty to his Butler, being a cunt to people around him, and generally just fucking up.

Apart from the dream sequence I suppose.

>At least six of those are just him saving his girlfriend.
Some of them were before they were together. And are you saying that it doesn't count somehow because of that fact?
>Not really that heroic when it's literally zero risk for him
You can't know that. You never know what ningen have under their sleeve and it would be dumb to underestimate them.
>Literally the same thing 3 times
Kryptonians, world engine, and Zod were 3 different instances that were related. Doesn't mean they weren't different instances.

>No one says that Superman never saves anyone.
Actually, they do. But then they move the goalposts, as usual.
>The complaint is that the movies aren't inspiring, because they're not.
YOU choose whether or not to get inspired. The movies are inspiring, just because you don't want them to doesn't mean they aren't. I was inspired, especially by BvS. Get over yourself.

>YOU choose whether or not to get inspired.
This is not how things work dude, if anything it shows that you force yourself to see what you want on the movie, instead of it standing up by itself. Like you were some kind of obssessed company/character/fag.

>Some of them were before they were together. And are you saying that it doesn't count somehow because of that fact?
Not saying it isn't heroic, but he literally only cares about Lois. I get that Superman can't save everyone, but he goes out of his way to monitor her, yet he failed to save her photographer.
>You can't know that. You never know what ningen have under their sleeve and it would be dumb to underestimate them.
I do know that he wasn't in danger though. Honorable? Sure. But not a great example of being heroic.
> Doesn't mean they weren't different instances
It was all part of the same thing.

>Actually, they do. But then they move the goalposts, as usual.
read the fucking OP you responded to. People have said it, sure - but it was completely unrelated.
> The movies are inspiring, just because you don't want them to doesn't mean they aren't
And just because you want them to be doesn't mean they are. I really wanted MoS to be good, and the trailers had me convinced it would be. But I walked away from it bummed out because it was a Superman movie with no hope or optimism.

> Get over yourself.
A bit defensive there, aren't you?

Woooh, it's Diana's time to shine! Hopefully we get a lot more sexy moments in her comics.

>A bit defensive there, aren't you?
Typical Snydercucks are like that. Its ridiculous, they look like a pinscher dog.