What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Wonder Woman?

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Wonder Woman?

Not the movie, but the character in general. Comics, cartoons, television, whatever.
She's one of the most popular figures in pop culture... so, what does everyone think?

The same thing we thought every other time we've had this thread for the past month.

The woman of comics. That is a fact.

Two weeks ago we had a LOT of threads shitting on her and praising Carol Danvers for some reason. Maybe it was Perlmutter putting money on shilling.

Looks great restrained and unconscious.

>What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Wonder Woman?

Sup Forums is mostly newfags now, but I still remember the dark days of Wonder Woman threads on Sup Forums

At what point post-Crisis did Wondy start showing up in Justice League?

She's ok. Pretty hard to pin down though since she's been rebooted and rewritten so many times.

Batman and Superman always retain the basics of their origins and powers/abilities when they're rewritten but Diana is all over the place.

Am I wrong or Scott's Diana used to be thicker?

I don't know but either way she looks fine as hell.

I don't find her very interesting. I should because i love mythology and what not but she just isn't all that interesting to me.

Her peace and love way of thinking doesn't make much sense.

A cultural icon that has no reason being one because she represents nothing except being an entry-level bondage fetish (and really just confirms that feminists don't know shit about comics or even care).

The first real female superhero was Fantomah and she was hardcore.

Why?

She was raised on an island full of man-hating warrior women who are distrustful towards anyone not from their little island.

They weren't man-hating, just distrustful. And Diana was more curious about men than any of them.

And why can't warriors be peaceful? Are all Americans fat?

Yes

Warriors can't be peaceful because warriors aren't really meant to bring peace or maintain it. They're meant to wage the war it's literally in the name.

So, if you know how to fight, you can't be peaceful?

What's up, Mark Waid.

Nice design and powers but no real stand out stories. Makes for a great side character though.

Needs to get rid of that Xena/Punisher bullshit of killing her enemies. Srsly that's what is suposed to be "her" thing? Fucking awful. Her creators wanted her to fight evil with love, not with more evil.

You can but you could hardly call yourself a warrior. You'd just be a martial arts practitioner. Either way what's the point of training to do something if you're never going to use it?

>Either way what's the point of training to do something if you're never going to use it?
The fuck is that line of thought?

Do you think every box practitioner goes around punching people?

No, they spar with other boxers or fight in matches.

So does WW.

Not everyone who knows how to fight is a psychopath who picks fights for no reason. You can easily be a warrior and a pacifist. Sup Forums related stuff is filled with this kind of characters, I don't know how someone here can be so confused by something that isn't uncommon at all.

>Srsly that's what is suposed to be "her" thing?
No, it's not her "thing". It's something she has done a few times, but it's not what defines her character at all.

She killed, what, two characters in the past 15 years? I'm pretty sure Captain America killed much more, but somehow Diana is the one that must be stopped.

She sucks and I can never get into her lore.

>They weren't man-hating
Then why aren't there men there?

>The first real female superhero was Fantomah and she was hardcore.

Olga Mesmer

Its her costume that I have problem with I want something more sleek and modern with pants
She always feels like las Vegas show girl to me

I find Greek and roman themes needs to be upgraded

Muh male representation.

If they didn't hate men then you would see some men lounging around on Themyscira.

I want her to beat me up, sexually.

The pants sucked.

pants are Donna's visual cue not Diana's

same, then rape me violently

This pants make it more believable and versatile.

The amazons just feel so outdated
WW feels so outdated, which is ironic since she is suppose to be progressive.

Hopefully the movie stabilizes the character of Wonder Woman in the eye of the public like Reeves did for Superman.

no more "Wonder Woman is a violent psycho bitch" characterizations.

Justice League Action and Injustice still has her like that.

I have honestly never cared about Wonder Woman. I like her, I don't mind seeing her, sometimes I'm glad to see her and I'm interested in her: but I don't care about her.

They did pants before, it wasn't popular and it didn't stick

Injustice's charaterization really pisses me off because she's more evil than Superman in that and Superman at least has a reason why he's a violent despot.

I want to know who drew this pic. I love her design in this style.

god i hope so

How did a movie do what comic writers have failed to do in like 50 years?

I don't think I'll ever see comic wondy the same again unless they start writing her like they did in the movie

Injustice at least had an alternate Diana call Bitch Diana out on her bitchiness.

Just don't pair her with Superman. For some reason that's her default characterization when paired with him.

>perlmutter.
>committing money to anything
>for a project he has no control over.

I think it's Garcia-Lopez?

Please don't defend those terrible games in any way.

>believable

Why do so many fucking people insist that superheroes be believable? It's escapism! Why does it have to be grounded or real to enjoy it?

Thank God in the movies she'll be more of a friend to Batman. Can you imagine if the movie had her more of a friend to Superman and having to act as a major bitch?

Injustice was a good game.

No thank you.

I think she was supposed to be very loving and caring, but I'm not sure if I see that for her anymore.

Search your feelings, fag, you know it to be true.

Yup, José Luis García-López.
He's the definitive DC artist since his art is what's been on almost all forms of merch since the late 80's.

It's because every writer wants to be the definitive Wonder Woman writer and do something that will leave a mark. Everyone wants to FIX Wonder Woman instead of just writing her.

The writing and voice acting is terrible for both of them.
Rucka is kinda doing okay on that front, but that issue where she defeated Deimos and Phobos the loving and caring came off super forced and awkward.

>Diana killed two villains in 20 years
>SOMEBODY STOP THIS PSYCHO PLEASE!

Sup Forums really doesn't read comics.

I'm not talking about the killing. I'm talking about how every single run she's has since Perez has has a writer trying to reinvent the wheel. LEARN TO READ.

Wonder woman needs to modernize

Both Superman and batman got rid of their underwear

Aesthetic wise the amazons in the moi\vie was juts so unappealing to me

just remove the jacket and we are good to go

I don't like her character, I don't read her books and I don't really bother watching stuff with her in it. I don't hate her character - it doesn't bother me if she's in a Justice League thing or whatever, but I truly do not care in even the slightest degree about her character. I don't think the concept is interesting, I don't think bondage is interesting as it's not my kink, I don't care about comics-mangled Greek myth and I don't care for her design in general. She's a slightly unpleasant "meh" for me.

I would like it if there were a few other strong female characters to contend for the whole "lady of comics" thing. Just use any other character.

So what do we need to do with Wondy's rogues, besides more exposure obviously? Havent gotten the chance to read Rebirth Wonder Woman yet so I dont know where we are on that, but what would you like to see? Theres certainly a few silver/golden age characters we could dig up and give a fresh coat of paint

>not liking the jacket
Do you even dare?

>I don't like her and refuse to know her to have a reason for my disliking
Nice input.

GREAT HEROINE WITH A SHIT ROGUE GALLERY.

I wouldnt really call them shit, just underutilized. When you regulate Diana to supporting role, make her material inconsistent, and factor in that shes been since the golden age, a lot of her villains just didnt evolve or go anywhere like Clark or Bruce's villains

I loved Cheetah in that movie.

I'm a big mythology fan and I hate how comics mangle those myths. For the record, I hate Thor too for exactly the same reason. I don't expect others to feel the same way.

Beyond that I don't like anything about her. I have read enough of her comics to know I don't care for any of it. Taking her on her own merit she just isn't an interesting character to me. I'd prefer if she was replaced with anyone else. That's all there is to it.

You might try "America",

in addition, every time a new writer would come along, they just had to try to push their brand new villain as the hottest of shits, so none of the prior ones got any time to develop or shine.

>tfw you just want wonder woman to be great again
>tfw you hope the movie helps
>tfw frauds just use it to virtue signal for 3rd wave "feminism" when wonder woman is literally a response to 2nd wave feminism, which was actually about equal pay and not this modern day strawman/boogeyman attacking bullshit

I JUST WANT WONDER WOMAN TO BE MAINSTREAM COOL REEEEEEEEEEE

Well with the movie doing well, we may get a Wondy animated series, right? Think of it, a show digging up Silver Swan, Blue Snowman, and Hypnota