Tropes you Hate

>Female character has God-tier gorgeous long hair
>Cuts it because muh 'character development'
>Now its complete shit

>quick-draw match in the middle of the town
>waiting for the clock to strike at high-noon to draw

Why cant they just shoot spontaneously without the clock, the element of surprise cannot be detected, you'd have an easy win

I never understood that trope.
>Let me show you I'm not a shallow, superficial character by doing something shallow and superficial.

You don't understand it because you can't into basic psychology. It's basically "fake it till you make it". External changes reinforce and sustain attitudes. Power posturing, buying a new expensive suit, making an effort to smile more. It's scientifically proven that smiling more will change how your brain works and consequently your outlook on life.

>implying short-haired girls aren't far superior

>body swap episode
>the VAs swap as well

Just where do you think you are?

>likes long hair more than short hair
You may want to come out of the closet my man

>It's scientifically proven that smiling more will change how your brain works and consequently your outlook on life.
You'd better not be wasting my time user.

I think you have that backwards

If you need hair length to reinforce your attraction to women rather than the actual feminine characteristics like tits ass and facial features, you're probably a closeted homosexual

See

Feminine penises arent gay.

My dude.

the smartest thing to do would be to nuke the town from orbit

>Everybody is dancing but there's one character who is acting like hes being forced to do it at gunpoint.
I know it's oddly specific but I swear I always manage to find it.

>It's scientifically proven that smiling more will change how your brain works and consequently your outlook on life.
They really should change that to "sincerely smiling more" or "smiling while having happy thoughts". The act of smiling in and of itself does nothing without sincere thoughts and emotions that relate happiness. People in customer service fields smile constantly and end up committing suicide.

You do not understand basic storytelling.

>not liking short hair

>cute girl has worst hairdo of all her sisters
>restyles it due to character development
>attains perfection

You do not understand the concept of "If I get shot, I'm dead, so I better do everything to make sure that I survive"

This.

Honor is an important part of most westerns

>op uses phrases like 'God-tier'

That's one of the worst tropes.

I guess

Why can't they just give Carol a bob cut? If Brie Larson has this haircut in the movie I'll be pissed

Bad example.

REALLY bad example.

Sure. If you're in the cloest homosexual.

Long hair is superior.

I fucking hate that. Although it can be sort of funny in live action if it's done well

The black character's design fucking pisses me off. It's real fucking close to a straight up racial caricature and it just makes me wanna slap the designer to the next dimension.

Take it easy Jesse Jackson instead of shitposting on a Chinese Cartoon Board why don't you take it to the Senate or President Trump.

I like the way it went back on him so quick.

so Miyazaki?

I'm not implying it, I'm stating it. Long hair is best hair

>It's a "ditch the supernatural and go back to your life of complete mundanity" ending

>It's a fetish stuff episode
>It happens to everybody except the most attractive female character

>Kid has super powers and goes on amazing adventures
>Kid just wants a normal life
man fuck that kid

>the red herring is more interesting than the actual answer

>Male character makes a mistake/lapse in judgement with minor negative consequences
>Publicly humiliated, badly injured, and/or nearly killed

>Female character makes a mistake/lapse in judgment with major negative consequences
>Utterly unscathed physically and emotionally

>protagonists get through most of the show without any deaths or emotional damage
>gets to the point where you actually want the protagonists to get fucked over just because their invincibility pisses you off

>Female characters can only be involved in slapstick if they're ugly

all wrong. the best is mid to shoulder link, but specifically when it's tied up or braided on one side (ie. Elsa) and then when she unties it for business or during a serious fight while giving a cheesy speech

>Character gets revenge on bully who picked on him.
>At the end of the episode the character is punished just for trying to get even on said asshole.

You chose the worst possible example

This is your example?

If you cheat then the guys watching shoot you

That's how it works

Gross

>Not liking girls with cartoonishly long hair

How does it feel being filth?

>the MC gets btfo and has to "learn their lesson" when they were just rightfully trying to deliver the bully their hard-earned comeuppance
>said bully gets let off the hook in the end, even though they were the original antagonist who didn't even have a half-decent provocation for starting shit in the first place
How is this even a semi-popular cartoon moral? Did every kid who ever stole milk money and wore those felt Jughead crowns all grow up to write mediocre children's shows? Are juvenile delinquents really that organized to be systematically enabling themselves through literal propaganda?

This one. Especially when the protagonist makes an effort to do things through the proper channels.

The episode of King of the Hill where Bobby kicks people in the nuts fills me with rage every time I see it, especially the scene with Moss and Hank. No one would have to get kicked in the nuts if you just did your goddamn job and maintained order you ignorant hillbilly pieces of shit.

>implying Ms. Martian didn't look cuter with short hair

That is a man

It mostly depends on the girl. But Korra is a pretty bad example.

>Show/comic introduces a nigh-omnipotent villain
>He only exists for the recurring villain to steal his powers in the end

It always rubs me the wrong way, it makes both villains less interesting. Honestly one of the reasons why my hype for Secret Wars deflated quite fast.

On top of this, all the bullshit that has ever been said about "fighting fair."
Life wasn't fair from the moment we were born with different genes. Why should we pretend otherwise in the moment of conflict? It is an idiotic and archaic concept favored only by brutes lacking imagination and intelligence who are bitter over the fact that real life doesn't favor the "alpha," ie the lazy and ignorant.

For alot of characters in westerns proving that they are better is part of the point, if they shoot them before high noon then they prove themselves to be a spineless wimp and then that means the deadguy wins and EVERYONE will hold it over their head for all eternity

because most people can see the difference between is and ought

>if you kill him you will be just as bad as him

I don't mind characters who don't kill because they refuse to do so (most Batmans, for example), so long as they never explicitly state this reasoning (the one exception is Zsasz who should be run over with the Batmobile and never mentioned again).

Jesus Christ. The show was supposed to make your kind of people HAPPY.

>Villain murders everyone they can whenever they are on screen/page, literally has a head count in the thousands
>manages to escape every time they are captured to to repeat the cycle
>MC always has the chance to kill them when they defeat the villain, but...
I won't do it, then I'll be just as bad as him.

This fucking fantasy world that comics is, is great for fun, light hearted reading, but the complete lack of realistic moral/social choices these 'heroes' make is the number one reason I drop stories more than anything else.

this is actually true

I tested that smile thing and found it to be bullshit but then again I'm a depressed aspie

wat?
only today's culture people crawl into a fetal position cause someone doesn't like them

no one shot first before duels because onlookers would shun them from towns, or just kill them outright because they are murders who can't be trusted
also, pretty sure high-noon duels never really happened in real life, maybe in extreme and rare instances

Yeah, Wild West Towns also had a very strict no guns attitude.

this is so infuriating
I'm not watching/reading this shit to see someone end up with a normal/boring life

>subverting tropes is bad mmkay
Go back to writing Sonic Boom

wow, user
i was with you until you started spilling you heart out about being bullied by stronger 'alpha' males
get some help, or talk to someone

>why aren't characters dishonest cowards like me?

Murderers got on just fine, until someone finally decided to murder them.

The real reason is if you challenge someone to a duel, and then cheat to win the duel, no one will accept your challenges anymore. And since we're talking about bloodsport here, someone will someday just shoot you in the back.

I always thought that cutting hair was symbolic of making a change in yourself by changing such an impactful part of yourself externally. Context can add more depth. Like in Breaking Bad, Walter shaves his head instead of waiting for his hair to fall out, showing that he's taking control of his situation instead of just sitting around while his cancer consumes him. In Naruto, Sakura hacks off her hair in the heat of the moment. She had let her hair grow long because Sasuke likes long hair. By cutting it short she shows that she's letting go of being his ideal girl in favor of being her own person.

Also fuck you early Naruto was alright don't judge me.

>considering that anything but long hair
Retard

That is either a feminine man or a very masculine woman.

>bad guy is bad because they're just misunderstood/have mental problems/etc.

This is why I like Dominator.

Hey, I posted this last thread! Thank you, random citizen.

I was a wrestler in High School so no one bothered me. I watched plenty of other kids get tormented and just put up with it because they didn't have the balls to do what it took for them to fight back and it still pisses me off to this day.
And seeing the idea that this is how things should be puts me back in the same helpless place. I can't save you, no one can, you need to save yourself and you need to be vicious to do it.

>A character is a complete and utter asshole of a villain and doesn't change in anyway shape or form but is still accepted into the ranks of the heroes and treated like one.
Bonus points if the other heroes start praising the ever living shit out of this 'redeemed' individual.

>a simple but mysterious villain who works just fine and doesn't need a dreary hours-long backstory backstory to explain why he is this way or where he came from
>there's an uninspired, terribly-written, laughable backstory that shits on everything good from before and ruins the villain in retrospect
Is this a trope? At this point it bloody should be.

this one maybe more Sup Forums related but that is something I really hate
>the protagonists are about to lose to their opponents who are better than them in all ways
>through the power of friendship/autism/fanbase/writers' favoritism, the protagonists curbstomp the unstoppable opponents with asspull powers out of nowhere

YOU HAVE AKU'S POWERS

It is, similar to face paint or a tattoo or whatever, and obviously it has to be cutting hair since you can't grow your hair out overnight. But some folks are always gonna be butthurt about a character changing their look.

Carol is immediately who I thought of when I read OP's post. Short-hair Carol is SHIT

Since we're reposting our grievances from other trheads
>male villain in a female-lead comic/show/movie
>either exists to be pathetic and useless from the start or get shat on to the point where becomes absolutely unthreatening

Sup Forums has some of the worst asspulls.

>i'll defeat you with the power my resolve!
>i'll defeat you with the power of friendship!
>i'll defeat you with this new special move that i just learned!
>i'll defeat you with this new transformation!
or
>shit, none of that worked!
>wait here's a character that is stronger than me who arrived just in the nick of time to save me from certain death!
>wow, he defeated my opponent so easily! i need to get stronger!

Can you guess which manga I'm reading right now?

>the antagonist is made out to be more likable or interesting than the protagonist and then loses

Please don't make your antagonist better than the character your comic/cartoon/whatever is focusing on, unless you're gonna end with the antagonist winning.

Dragon Ball Z.

>Dragon Ball Z.
Close.

One joke man?

fairy tail? Or Dragon Ball Super?

Colder.

Naruto?

Nope.

If we're being honest, I was reposting a lot of my stuff from last thread and I decided to also repost that and a couple others that I didn't post to throw off suspicion. I do agree with it, though.

One piece?

yu-yu hakusho

That description is nothing like One Piece.

Bleach?

No.

I was talking about characters in movies not actual people from the old west

Yes. Took longer than I thought it would.

Nobody cares about Bleach anymore.