Constantly gets his ass owned in Silver Age despite how fucking invincible he's supposed to be

>Constantly gets his ass owned in Silver Age despite how fucking invincible he's supposed to be.
>Allegedly also had a weakness to the fucking color yellow.
>Suddenly turned evil in the 90s and replaced by a younger and more interesting lantern.
>Wasn't on Justice League in favor of John.
>Movie was ass and almost doomed DC's chances of a cinematic universe as well as being MIA in Justice League.
>Though promising, cartoon was allegedly canned due to movie's shittiness.
>Possible pedophile

Why does Hal suck so much?

>possible pedophile
I'll never fault a man of being into loli.

Because he has the willpower to suck at levels normal men can only dream of.

Didn't he once hit on Supergirl?

>Possible pedophile
Didn't that one chick age herself up so Hal would go for it?

And everyone except Dick Grayson and her two dads wanted to bang 2005 Supergirl.

yes it was the exact opposite of loli

>Weakness to the color yellow.
Does that mean if I piss in his face he'll have a stroke?

Isnt it surreal that Green Lantern is slowly turning into a joke for casuals like Aquaman is distancing from? Also to answer your question OP, its because Hal lacks imagination. Still hes better than Kyle I guess

Yes but it also means you're not drinking enough water and may have mild kidney problems.

Yes

He'd probably be glaring at you waiting for you to stop. Then you'd have a very angry and wet lantern to deal with.

>That issue where Hal was a bit too enthusiastic at Kara's birthday party

Could he even activate his ring if he's covered in piss?

>Why does Hal suck so much?
because OP never read GL comics

Wait so you mean to tell me yellow piss isn't normal?

>Possible pedophile

It's cool bro, different species reach maturity at different moments.

Why does DC hate Green Lantern?

His movie of course.

The end

The movie shit the bed with the lights on and killed the franchise with the mainstream audience, right as it was picking up steam and becoming a contender for one of DC's most popular books.

The Blackest Night was one of DC's best run ever
The Brightest Day was not...not at all.

DC doesn't hate Green Lantern. He was their top selling cash cow for nearly 9 years.

Gracias.

It's foolish to hope for a revival of the animated series, right?

>Gracias.
De nada.

I stopped reading GL after Brightest Day. Heard it sucked after anyway

>Green Lantern is slowly turning into a joke for casuals
This.
And I hate that fact

Why the FUCK do we need to hear Hal Jordan reminding himself that Kara is 17? It makes him sound like a creepy motherfucker, seriously why? I get that's it's a normal thing to be attracted to nearly legal girl who aren't wearing a lot but fuck, he sounds like a recovering sex offender

>revival of the animated series

Why is that exactly? Is one bad movie all it takes? I dont really understand how a character who travels space making LITERALLY ANYTHING HE CAN THINK OF OUT OF THIN AIR is considered lame.

>Slowly
He's been a fucking joke to normals FOREVER. The shitty movie only made his joke status concrete.

The only versions anyone like were the lego greenlanters, which is just a shitty rip off of starlord, and Stewart from JLU.

The Ruler of Atlantis with control over all life in the Earth's ocean was considered a joke for years while some manchild dressed as a bat is worshipped as a god.
Normies are weird.

I wouldnt go that far, before the movie GL was basically the "oh yeah, I heard of him" superhero to casuals.

Hal Jordan sucks.

No. His ring can't affect yellow things, he's not "weak" to it.

Maddox made fun of his yellow weakness and green circle thing.
He's a fucking joke and what people pointed to when they talked about loser comic geek shit.

No, she hit on him

nope.

Hal has never done anything wrong

He is pure and DC needs to stop shitting on him all the time

Technically, she probably would have been born before Hal.

But "technically" a girl aging herself up doesn't make her "older", and that would make Hal a pedophile due to an earlier relationship. He has to pick on measure (in this case, physical maturity) or everything he does can be judged badly on a different perspective and he'd have no defense at all. There is too much weird shit in space, if he made exceptions he'd be balls deep in space lolis everyday.

Even before Arisia aged herself up she was still like 16-17, how does that make him a pedo

Literally pure sometimes, he ascended into a being of pure will

Just replace him with Stewart, casuals would actually respect him more, and having one more black guy on the League couldn't hurt.
Hal is ruined because noone can agree on what his characterization should even be.
Is he friends with Ollie? Yes? No? What is his personality? Is he a brash idiot or courageous and willfull? Both? He's only interesting character when you include the traits that make him a laughingstock (pedo, idiot, brash, egomaniac).

Hal Jordan is whatever you want his personality to be, and that is NOT a good trait for a character to appear in a giant trans-media franchise with a ton of writers.

When did a revival of a cartoon go right lately, remind me?
Teen Titans Go is a direct result of fans bugging CN for reviving Teen Titans, possibly in format of those DC Nation "new teen titans" shorts - and they did, with terrifying results.
Avengers Assemble is a direct continuation of Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes.
Hell, even Samurai Jack Season 5 has been subpar, and that's despite mostly the same crew.
So here's my question - WHY would you want them to revive the series, if the only way they do it is likely by dumbing down the cartoon for appeal to lowest common denominator, to "fix" the problems that got it cancelled last time?

Hal's already been replaced on the League by not one but TWO minorities

it's not that DC hates him, it's that Johns doesn't want anyone to even try being better than him

Pretty sure she was stated as being 13 (in her planet's/species' years).

Yeah, but they're basically nobodies and this will be likely temporary, they got no staying power.

>survived past their original creator
>went on to a pretty decent, well-liked, and reasonably substantial-in-length ongoing
they'll be ok I hope