How come there are no good Green Lantern ring replicas?

How come there are no good Green Lantern ring replicas?

Other urls found in this thread:

superherorings.com
etsy.com/transaction/1112228861
youtu.be/JZEFh-LzpvI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

maybe you lack the willpower to find them

Mine is pretty good.

I can dig it.

It's a mass produced piece of small jewelry that needs to be relatively cheap. There are some custom/semi-custom rings that look great but they cost a bit.

Order one made out of emerald.
Surprised that DC never did a thing where someone can actually win one with a raffle.

And this was the one I had before that. It didn't quite fit right, so I longed for the perfectly fitting ring. Once I got a better job, I rewarded myself with the ring I posted earlier. This one you can find most places.

middle finger?

superherorings.com

They have some of the best (and only) Lantern-related rings around.

It always on the middle finger, try reading a lantern book

Sweet fuck those look dope.

Didn't DC give away Green Lantern rings during the Sinestro Corps War?

Where did you get that? And while we're on the subject, do they have other Lantern colors or a flash ring?

I got a Sinestro Corps ring a few years back, and it's great.

Good quality plastic ones, yeah, around SCW/Blackest Night.

I'm curious about what looks like a scar there.

Believe it or not, Etsy. The seller was from Taiwan or Korea (I can't remember which) so it took a little while to get it shipped to the states. The wait was worth it because it fits like a glove, a little strange considering it's a ring.

I like the movie one.

They did. They crop up again every now and then in places, usually at conventions. I got a Black ring as a freebie when I went to a tiny local convention. It's way too big for my bony-ass fingers though.

Good eye. That is a scar that is over a decade old. Not really a great story behind it. I had a mental breakdown and did that to myself.

I have a full set; all seven colors, black, and white.
They are indeed a great quality build being hunks of plastic, but the only caveat is that if you've got skinny fingers like I do, then they don't fit without some padding.

I have fat fingers and it's no picnic on my side either.

> I had a mental breakdown and did that to myself.
Sorry to hear that, green lantern. The will to continue a journey and be strong, is part of the believing of corps. Aaaand:

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight...

Ever think it is fucked up how incredibly common and easy it is to go get a Superman or Wonderwoman ring, but Green Lantern, the guy who actually wears a ring, is hard to find?

I saw a few Wonder Woman rings yesterday, but I don't think I have ever seen a Lantern ring in a store before.

Ancient history. Even though I'm not proud of the backstory, I like how it looks. I always had a weird fascination with scars. At least now I'm not making them myself.

I've also seen Batman rings as well. Meanwhile the only metal Green Lantern ring I found was too small.

Indeed.

Apparently I was wrong about the country of origin. It was Thailand. Here's a link to the ring:
etsy.com/transaction/1112228861

Apparently the user no longer exist, so I don't know if you can still buy the ring. I wouldn't risk it.

I got an error when I tried the link.

I have a metal one from the Green Lantern movie, it's not that bad actually. I don't think it's this one exactly, but it's pretty similar.

I've also got one of these, and it's a much looser fit.

They sell a full set like this at my LCS for 10 bucks including all seven colors, black, white, and a legion ring.

my LCS had grab bags of these when they first came to town when I was in HS years back
me and a buddy went in and bought like 80 bucks worth of comics (a lot for a highschooler without a job) and I saw them and went "oh man how much are they?" Pretty sure they were 3 bucks but I spent every dime I had and the guy just took a few and threw them into the bag. I still go there and spend 100+ dollars a month so, smart guy. The only two I can find are Indigo Tribe and Black Lanterns, but I had all except Rage and Blue. It also had a legion flight ring in there

I guess I must have only been able to see it because I was signed on. I suppose that makes my ring pretty rare.

DC should bundle a plastic one if you buy both Green Lantern series annuals or something. I'd like one to carry around my pocket like a faggot and annoy the shit out of my friends by just reciting the oath for no reason

Holy fuck. Have to drop a good bit, but god damn if they don't look worth it.

I got the one from the movie that came with the Blu-ray

>MFW no Alan Scott style rings

Oh hey, I remember that. I don't own it myself, but it was a holy grail back in the day.

Also this.

>superherorings.com

Saved. I am so ordering one when I come into some money.

I know where this one is, do they still have it in stock? I live kinda near there but then they usually close early.

Shame they don't have more designs.

Also looks somewhat cheap

>silver
>extra logo on the side

Closer than most but still a big nope.

Kinda wanna drop some money on some replicas tho, the gl ring set is 200 usd and the flash one is 250 usd ( rough estimate). It hurts having no cash

I have this set, they're cool as fuck but definetely not for wearing if you're going to be active. They will scratch and break if you're not careful. I bought 2 so I can wear some at my leisure. They're better versions of the ring replicas that Come with the bust and an exclusive power ring ring. Based off the power rings figure replica ring.
A while ago I saw a kyle rayner inspired ring made of pure emerald and another made of pure jade, both ranging from 300 to 400usd. Recently I've seen another one that seems like a replica of Hal's ring, if anything the new base design of the ring, and it looks legit as fuck, even has glow in the dark crystal or resin or some shit lined into the logos face that make it glow. I want that one next.

Right now I'm sporting my legion ring since it's more durable than my other rings while I'm at work.

that's pretty legit. Would definitely use for a Booster Gold cosplay.

just make one and 3d print it

Looks great, how much did that set you back? Or did you make that yourself?

I've been wanting a Reverse Flash ring ever since I found out people have been making replicas of it. I don't know where to get one I'd trust, though, since the quality for these sorts of things is all over the place.

Dude, $25. Was completely worth it. I bought 2 of these as well. One for wearing and 1 for pristine condition.

Looks like candy

The only ones I have ever seen in stores, asige from the cheap movie tie-in ones, were the poorly mades ones found in Hot Topic around 06-ish. They were chrome played copper and just a week or two of wearing rubbed all the chrome off so they became really nasty looking copper grungy things that greened fingers.

Was in Hobby Lobby a few days ago, they had a section of DC related character jewelry like this. Loads of Superman Wonder Woman, Joker and Green Arrow.

Not a single Green Lantern thing in sight.

But Green Arrow rings and earrings though

ebay, this cosplay company in China has been making those since around 2010

another place called Arroba in Mexico makes GL rings but they are always overdone with extra logos everywhere and unnecessary added parts. Never a simple logo on a signet

Obviously this would cost more than anyone who browses Sup Forums could ever afford...
But what would the quality of a green lantern ring made entirely out of emerald be?
Or any other core ring made out of an equivalent coloured gemstone (red ruby, blue sapphire etc.)?
Would they be too heavy? Would they even look good?
I think the cheapest off the top of my head would be an 100% onyx black lantern ring.

youtu.be/JZEFh-LzpvI

...meh

This post is basically: "Can I have a Coke?" "Is Pepsi okay?"

We only have Dr.Pepper and Schwepps bitterlemon

I actually owned one of those. Was my first Lantern ring (other than the one I made out of plumbers epoxy back in high school). It did indeed turn to a copper color and my finger was green. I used duct tape on the inside to prevent my finger turning green. Then I got fat during my first year in college and it didn't quite fit so well. By that point, I found the plastic ring they made for Rebirth (which I wore for the longest time) and that old ring was my secondary ring after I cut the back of the ring so that it would fit my fat finger. Years later I accidentally stepped on it and the enamel center cracked and I haven't worn it since. If I ever found one for cheap, I'd buy it just for the sentimental value.

My first ring was a pewter copy of the official 1998 ring that I got for about $20 at a convention. Wore it for a few years before the band finally wore through and snapped open.

The merch from the Green Lantern movie was discounted to shit, so I feel like most places fear that risk. At least Green Arrow has a popular TV show to make those kind of sell.

I can't say in terms of durability, but those pure gem rings are beautiful. I didn't know the man who made the emerald version but it looked clean as fuck. And it'd probably handle alot of wear as long as your not fucking flinging your hand into things like a potato. As per the jade it also looked amazing, probably more delicate than the one mentioned before but still accurate and wear worthy. It's also just the knowledge that the entire item is made up of this 1 crystal that's green. The emerald one caught my eye more since emerald warriors and emerald green lantern ring. Even though they were in the same price bracket. I knew the man who made the jade ring and he was an artist, he wanted to get someone to make it but no one would, so he gathered a big enough piece of new Zealand palimaneu jade and fashioned one himself. I wanted to buy it as well but when both these items were in market I had no money to buy them. If they or something similar resurface I'd prioritize them in my cart.

Have you seen how the die-cast rings have raised in price by alot, I had 10 of them and I gave them away thinking that I could get more and my friends would like them. I never got more...but they did like them

I wanted one, but I was just out of college and beyond broke, so I didn't bother getting one. My dad got me one of the figures (Stel) from the movie line that came with one of the rings. It was extremely small, so I had to sand off a considerable amount to make it fit. It was still a bit chunky and I only ever wore it a couple of times.

I didn't know the die-cast ones also came in some toys. That's interesting, maybe I'll pick a fig up for a twofer. The toys r us by my old house had by one get one half off and if u get one half off u get one for free. So I bought 1 b4 the sale then got 9 after when it began... then I watched the movie and I was so thoroughly disappointed that I gave them away thinking I'll just get more. The store sold out in like 2 days and the price slowly but steadily increased. I had a chance to get one with a display case for 20 bucks but I fucked up and let it sit for to long and someone else got it.story of my life, shits happened to me alot. Like once I couldve gotten a black power battery for 25 dollars 1:1 scale, and I asked if I could pick it up a day later... someone else bought it b4 me.

My rings from www.superherorings.com , they are silver and awesome quality.

Dope. How durable are they? How long do you think they'll stay good until degradation starts settling in.

It was just a plastic one.

They look pretty durable. Seller told me keep them in dry places and not let water or sweat touch them (sweat makes degradation faster). So I usually not wear them in very hot days. Also keep them in box. The guy also told me if i have any problems or need repairs, he will do it for free if i send the rings back. I have rings around 6 month and no problems so far.

There was a big bucket of them in my LCS for about a quid a pop. Grabbed blue and green, I think a friend of mine grabbed white and orange.

I need one
how snug is it and does it scratch easily

It's a bit of a bitch to get used to at first, there is an air gap in between the finger and the bottom of the face. So keep it dry and clean it. And I had mine for about 3 months (the one I wear for the sole purpose of not caring about its superficial damages) and I do alot of work with that ring on, alot. It eventually got a scratch on the bottom due to grabbing things roughly and the scratch is all that's really there and it's only noticeable due to the slight discoloration toward the end of the 3 months, I've had it now for 7 months and it's doing the same as when the first scratch appeared, looking good.
It Is comfortable but since the space in it exists, if a heavy weight presses the ring into you, heavy enough to already have hurt you with any other ring on, it might hurt slightly more.
But boy does it look fly, my lcs gave me a copy of legion the great darkness saga tpb for free since he saw the ring and got wet. I'd recommend it, especially if you're considering dropping like 95 or something on a good ring, this would be significantly more affordable and you'd maybe be able to get 2 considering If it comes really late they'll send another one since they don't think you'll get it. Or you could just buy 2 like I did haha.

this

I'd love to see tungsten carbide lantern rings.
Their color is what I would assume a real ring would look like.
A quick google search though shows none in the traditional shape of a lantern ring, or any with etching designs.
Maybe tungsten can't be made except in simple shapes. I do know they can't be resized and must be broken, not cut, if they get stuck on your finger.

>green lantern engagement rings
How would the Green Lantern oath sound like as a marriage proposal?

The orange lantern one would be better

In highest sky, in lowest sea,
My love ever grows for thee.
Answer yes and set us free:
Will you marry me?

Wow that's pretty good. Do a fear themed one.

Not bad actually

>superherorings.com
>Sinestro Corps Cufflinks
I know what I need to buy next. I have a blue Lantern Ring from there. A gift from a friend. Completely worth it.

In lowest sky, in highest sea,
Without your love, I cannot be.
This void within forsakes being empty-
Please never, ever leave me...

What's mine is mine
What's yours is mine
Fuck the prenup I won't sign
Only for you does my heart pine
Wear my ring and become mine

I bought this set back when blackest night was going on, though blue is the only one I've worn for any length of time. They're made of plastic and light up when you flex your finger