Why is the Legion of Superheroes animated series so forgotten? It might have been short...

Why is the Legion of Superheroes animated series so forgotten? It might have been short, but it was a fun as all hells series.
I never ever see it discussed or brought up anywhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cRxx0oElgpA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It even had an entire Legion of Waifus all on its own.
Like the Instant Orgy Girl

Aired on a dead network

>Why is the Legion of Superheroes so forgotten?

who also coincidentally turned into a hot goth in S2

it isn't nearly as forgotten as the series, at least I don't think so.
I see it discussed every once in a while, even if in brief. It has been frequently referenced in multiple DC cartoons.

aired on kids wb

Byrne hated the Legion founders hazed Superboy in their first story because it reminded Byrne of his childhood. Byrne also hated the Legionnaires aged into adults because he couldn't fapped to them anymore.

So he retconned them out of Superman's past.

It was supposed to be a Supergirl and the LoSH series but the suits got butthurt about female protagonist.

It was ok but never really hit its stride. I do wish we would have gotten a third season but cancellation meant Tucker could do BATB so it's not all bad.

well if it was to be anything like the modern live action supergirl show, then thank god

They barely changed anything, not even dialog, which explains the homoeroticism between Braniac and Superboy.

It was alright but I remember the Supe/Brainiac homolust being so real, it was decent but not special enough to be remembered or to have its own thread.

I honestly can't tell if it's a joke or not, because it makes too much sense

I am 100% dead serious.

>not special enough to be have its own thread.
come on mate, series that were cancelled in production and never actually released have their own threads

This. Seriously. It aired during the last gasp of Kids WB and never aired on Cartoon Network.

Because no one really cares about superman as a teen.
They want him as a kid as a young adult or as a middle aged man.

Woah, I totally forgot this existed, I have very faint memories of it

wait, does that mean that there was supposed to be soft lesbian romance between Supergirl and Alexis Luthor?

it reminded me of the 90s iron man and fantastic four series, in that the first season was brainless baby garbage and the second season was fantastic

kinda like ben 10 and the much better ben 10 where they were grown up

>90s iron man and fantastic four series
You have my full agreement on fantastic four. The first season was fucking awful, the second was fucking awesome.
But both seasons of iron man were pretty damn bad.
The second one was only marginally better.

No, they actually pulled her out of their ass because it was superboy and you know how much they need their luthor thing.

Season 2 of iron man had a fantastic intro. Show itself as still bad.

literally never heard of this show while it was airing and only seen it in "remember this?" threads on Sup Forums.

It probably wouldn't take much to convince me all the pics posted in this thread are just fanart drawn by someone who really likes the comic and the show actually never existed. Or concept art like all the images floating around of EMH Season 3

well unless the last few weeks of my life were a weird fever dream, I'm pretty sure the show exists and I watched it.

You're fake news.

>adapt Legion of Super-Heroes
>focus on a VERY small number of them
Boo

But otherwise it was pretty good.
I wish it had lasted longer.

Sup Forumsntrarians never discuss anything that's actually good

Got a solid shoutout in Injustice 2, although I wish one of them had actually been on the roster.

I generally like Wyatt's designs but honestly the LoSH designs look too ridiculous for me to take seriously. Tim Burton Phantom Girl is and clown Vi are probably the worst offenders.

Honestly, I think we can chalk it up to bad scheduling.

They would air one or two new episodes, then go into weeks of reruns. Kids forgot about it while it was still on.

never heard of this before. Will check it out

i wish the comic was more popular

>kinda like ben 10 and the much better ben 10 where they were grown up

No

feast your eyes:
youtube.com/watch?v=cRxx0oElgpA

I suppose it's kind of juvinile, but it's a great introduction to the concepts and storylines of the Legion and I will always come to these threads too talk about how criminally underrated it is. I don't think the second season ever even got a dvd release.

t-they are just really good friends!

Because it aired on a post-Pokemon Kids WB, came out around the same time as Teen Titans and JLU so it got unfavorable comparisons to both, and the Legion of Superheroes is still a hard sell for any audience.

dayum

What was the shoutout?

Braniac's arcade ending is actually a time traveling Legion Braniac coming back to make a good name for whatever his species is called

No idea why people don't bring it up, but I loved the hell out of this. I remember thinking it was weird having Superboy when it was DCAU Supergirl who stayed with them, but never actually bothered me.

The Kids WB was dying, I know some fans (or at least me) were pissed Supergirl didn't get in (which made the Brainiac-6 deal weird) but honestly?

It looked like a Teen Titans re-hash, and TT had been on the air for three years by that point; potential fans probably just saw the weaker early stuff (even though it got better) and probably wrote the whole thing off as an even more obscure Titans wannabe show (with Kid Superman!) rather than appreciate it for what it was.

I didn't even know it existed until this thread.

It was actually hot here though. A shame she was cut from season two.

Bouncing Boy was badass towards the end. Too bad they undermined his season two role.