You have ten seconds to come up with an original black superhero character

You have ten seconds to come up with an original black superhero character.

Hard Mode: No electric powers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KEoGrbKAyKE
youtube.com/watch?v=szH1-8VQgv8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A father figure.

My dad IS my hero, user. Wish he'd work things out with mom tho.

Air manipulation, which allows him to fly through control of his power, not because flying is his power. Water, fire, earth, and electricity are far too abundant of powers compared to air.

I know it doesn't count but I love him

Does that mean he could asphyxiate people and absolutely wreck fire-based heroes?

A black man who can steal anyone else's powers

The Black Hole. Objects within a certain radius are forcefully sucked into his rectum. Objects so affected cannot be retrieved.

The power of a black hammer...if you know what I mean...

The fire based heroes could also wreck him if he gathers too much air in one location

That exists. His name is Synch.

A black, scottish, Cyclops.

If you change power for money...is a reallity

Fried Chicken Man

Ya think youre sof unny do ya ill hav uou know theres plenty of

The Gardener: Retired construction worker Alex Jones is working peacefully on a new plant-growth formula in his yard, when a SWAT team on a mistaken drug sting burst in. In the chaos, his spade is mistaken for a weapon and he is shot; dying, he falls into the flowerbed covered in his newest concoction, and is reborn with elemental control over plants!

However, the corrupt police department that killed him sees him as a constant PR failure, and the people of his neighborhood turn him into a symbol of solidarity against police brutality.

He just wants to tend his plants, but his garden just got a whole lot bigger.

Can he have lightning powers?

he is the worlds greatest thief

A supergenius born in tribal Africa who has ambitions of being a supervillain but has to deal with local culture and lack of money/education. He spends most of the comic/movie trying to create and execute schemes throughout his life, with the finale being him accomplishing his goals but realizing that his family at home was his greatest gift, and not his superpowers.

And it's a black comedy

A black guy who accidentally gets possessed by the "soul of the orient," which gives him a host of stereotypically Asian superpowers like martial arts mastery, dragon-themed energy projection, and the ability to summon a katana at will. His foes are yokai themed ninjas, and his best friend is a black weeb who has to explain all this weird crap to him.

Later on, he gets a robot horse motorcycle to ride that turns into a robot that looks like a lady in a shitty power rangers outfit.

Also shot in the style of this
youtu.be/KEoGrbKAyKE

That sounds like a knockoff of Black Dynamite.

Henry John, an engineer who had steel spikes driven into his arms by a berserk robot assembler. His arms were ruined forever, but he used the spikes to make pile bunker cyborg arms. He fights crime, but he doesn't see the point in a secret identity and lacks the confidence to make a costume, so he just goes around as Henry John, and no one gives a fuck about him because the arms are the only things about him that stand out.

I know it's a killer idea, but don't steal it. I've already got it locked down.

chameleon powers
he manipulates the melatonin in his body and chages his skin pigmentation to blend in with the enviroment

Why would it be harder to come up with a black character you sad fucking idiot?

Young teen that can transform into a large rock monster made of coal and can set himself on fire at will. He can also become as hard as diamond or turn himself into a cloud of coal dust.

Kill yourself racist pig.

>chages his skin pigmentation to blend in with the enviroment
Chameleons don't actually do that.

Because apparently it's too hard for the comic industry, since they're just filing the serial numbers off of existing characters in order to rebrand them.

and you cant tie planets with a chain and drag them to our solar system, whats your point?

When he finally accomplishes his supervillain plot, all his extended family and friends come to him to beg for loans

Can his villain basically be The Black Fuhrer of Harlem, from "Mother Night"?

I had an idea for a sudo-blaxspoltation character based on horror movie tropes.

His name was Phoenix Freeman and his superpower was that he was a walking human target/danger magnet but also had the power to revive after being killed (his body would combust and he'd reform from the ashes as a copy of his previous form). Reality would bend to constantly kill him above anyone else. For example if he was body guarding the president and an assassin proceeded to shoot the prez then the bullets would curve to kill Baron instead of the president.

The joke would be that he's trapped in a horror universe with creatures like Jason Vorhees, Aliens, Jeepers Creepers, etc and he has to help a party of ex-victims in said horror movies survive to the end of their story. It would be similar to One Punch Man in the fact that the main character has a gimmick that's played for laughs but the supporting characters have to go through hardships that solidify them and bond them to Baron. Each person he saves has their own skills that could be useful against other creatures and by working together could finally escape the horror verse.

>Alex Jones

A blacksmith Demigod who uses a hammer/pickaxe to fight his foes, other heroes and "gods" come to him for weapons that can defeat they're enemies. He has fire powers, and is sick of everyones shit because they always racially discriminate him even if they don't mean it.

Fuck, didn't even think of that. I just tried to think of two generic names.

Charmando. He's a black man who fought in the Iraq War. One day a donkey IED loaded with some weird chemicals blew up his platoon and he was the only survivor, but he came away with the power of rage.

Now he can channel his anger into burning hot flames, but he has to careful with his flames because while he's now flame retardant, he isn't immune, so if he ever burns too hot he will immolate himself.

He has made it his mission to fight terrorists all across the globe because of what they did to him

A black weeb, that has the powers of Sup Forums. The love interest and bad guy is his 2D waifu brought to life.

Kick Man
He can kick things real good. Like, real good. Straight through steel and rocks.

That's Black Dynamite

What exactly would the powers of Sup Forums? Shitposting irl?

Black shapeshifter.

He usually takes the appearance of a white man.

weaponized autism

Making something real if enough people believe it.

After being struck by a stray radioactive snowflake De'Mario Jackson gains complete control over ice and becomes the INCONCEIVABLE ICE NIGGA

Never watched it, but if that's what it is I probably should have.

Alright, so there's this black guy who uses the forces of gravity to his advantage. Done.

Super black guy

Can phase into a shadow

Hey man, I keep meaning to watch that movie, I hear bad things but is it actually worth the time even just for fun?

Ebon, Static Shock

Top kek.

Triggered.

Lockdown: Markus Freeman was wrongly imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit. One day when in a chain gang by the side of the road, a thunderstorm hits. The cruel policemen overseeing them didn't let the prisoners take shelter, and they were struck by lightning! Markus was the only survivor, but has now manifested strange and uncanny powers!

Now, with the ability to manifest chains from his body, LOCKDOWN sets out to imprison the guilty and defend the innocent!

I know it's not original but,
A revamped Lobo (Dell Comics)
Falsely accused of a crime he didn't commit, the man known as Lobo wanders the old west, taking down drug gangs, pimps and other scum, while on the run from the racist authorities...
I tried to combine the wild west with hip hop culture for this version, ala Samurai Champloo, but in the west.
Would a drive-by via wagon and gattling gun be too much?

Black superhero Idea.

Hero name: Angel
Nationality/Region: Caribbean Region (Bcus not ever black guy is from the US or Africa :/)

Core powers:
Healing touch - Can heal virtually any wound, no matter how grave by touching a person so as long as the person isn't dead

Rapid cell regeneration - super natural self regeneration (Can only die from decapitation, disintegration or other OHK abilities of other mainstream heros/villians),

Pain Relief - Can temporarily stop anyone he touches from feeling pain

Revive - Has the ability to bring back people from the dead effectively lengthening their lifespan at cost of his own X2 . (for example say some hero died and Angel decides to revive them. He can give them 1 (or more) year of extra life at the cost of 2 years of his own, after the 1 year period is over the person will die of natural causes. The minimum time he can give someone is 1 year)

Death Touch - He can use rapid cell regeneration on enemies to overload there body with various types of cells and body tissue causing great pain, deformation, cancer growth (yes he can give you cancer) and eventual death. This however requires him to be in contact with the person for a certain duration of time until death.

Side powers:
Detection: Can detect ailments and other bodily diseases but cannot cure them since he can only create cells and tissue not destroy them)

Toughness: (can take a hit like other mid-tier DC heroes but otherwise has normal human strength)

He also cannot regenerate what a person never had. So if someone's leg gets blown off he can quickly heal it and they get their leg back. But if a person who had no legs since birth he can't just give them legs since they were born that way and technically aren't injured.

Role: Side/Support Hero. A character whose more known for backing up other heroes and performs a different role as oppose to being the one who just punches and smashes stuff like other heroes.

Hacking.

Gucci Man.

Radric Davis is your ordinary trap rapper from Atlanta, Georgia. When he's not hustling through the night, Radric dons a supersuit that transforms him into Gucci Man, a masked vigilante who takes on evil both in the hood and in the music industry.

Gucci Man's abilities include:
- Control over ice powers (Guwop summons this ability by calling out "Burrr")
- Summoning steel rods (Done by spitting bars)
- Mind manipulation (Convinces producers to create hit beats for his singles)

His arch enemies include the Georgian government, rival druglords and whichever headass who thinks he can win a beef against this nigga

this exists. check the old flash comics.

He can explode vans by writing "Hello World" code?

A homeless man who can create trains out of hard light and run people over with them

did you like the movie it was based off of?

The Origin of Big Nick Digger

Jolly, musclebound, African-American road maintenance worker Nicholas Bwanajuma usually handles jackhammer duties during jobs. A truck carrying drums of experimental fluid that binds organic matter with machines lost control of its brakes, causing it to topple near the streets Nicholas was working at.

The accident caused a drum of fluid flying open, with a sizable amount of its contents splashing on the burly black man's jackhammer and his crotch, fusing the two together, granting him the ability to bust down anything as hard as pavement freely with his tooled-up member.

Optimistic by nature and seeing the event as destiny, he decides to rid his hometown ghetto of crime with his newfound strength, and dreams of smashing pussy with his now metallic penis head, now located at the tip of his jackhammer.

Hero concept

Super hero name: Iron Cradle
Core power: force manipulation
Description: Part of an experimental program to deal with greater planetary exploration dealing with gravity differences and exploration without vehicle assistance. This was done through chemical body manipulation and a central unit implanted into the back of his head. After the program shut down from no survivors (his coms broke on impact but he survived) without any word they saw no reason to waste more assets for dead bodies so they left him on mars. After landing without a scratch to himself on Mars, he scrapped together what was left of his pod besides a guidance system and essentially threw the pod and himself towards earth.

Basically his body is a conduit of momentum energy and force, lets say he gets hit by a train, it'll feel like a mild slap while the train will feel equal force coming back at it all while he's standing still.

He has to be semi aware of the force to really manipulate otherwise the suit just auto dampens it, also he can expand the force he outputs, like let's say he jumps he can exert enough force to go flying or punch like a meteor. It's limited by energy otherwise it starts taking energy from him which will quickly kill him.

I know it's janky but I've been working with it in my head for a while.

it's a silly action cartoon but with people. i have no idea what people complain about

Tyler Perry, don't you have another Big Mama's movie to make?

>Superhero name: Thunderdome

>Powers: Ability to create thunderous waves of sound energy from his fists. These blasts tend to sound like cracks of thunder.

>Origin: Offshore oil rig worker who was trapped on the rig when they drilled into *insert plot device here* and caused an accident.

Backstory: He has a loving wife and 2 kids.

Thats all i got rate my shit idea.

Failed hard mode...

Literally Black Lightning, it's one of the four traits he has
>Black
>Electricity powers
>High school teacher
>Single father of two daughters

>majority of this thread is stuff that already exists
>even joke examples
That's kind of funny.

Memes. The DNA of the soul.

Blackout the superhero with anti-electric power

Antikythera

Coming from a small greek island circa 150 BC, Antikythera was a slave from northern Africa who was converted into a clockwork man as pieces of his body were replaced as part of experimentations by a forgotten cabal of Grecian super-scientists.

Antikythera possesses the limited ability to manipulate spacetime. He can speed up or slow down the flow of time in small areas, alter gravity, and teleport short distances. As a clockwork mechanism he lacks most biological weaknesses but his still-human brain does require human-standard sleep cycles.

this guy was created to be nothing but the foil to the Human Torch. Don't think they ever met that didn't result in the Torch being thoroughly schooled.

Yeah it gets dumb, but its the coolest modern kung fu movie I ever watched
>they had more bullets than china has rice

an ancient amulet travels around the world over the centuries. lost, sold or stolen until it ends unnoticed as a small piece of gold at pawn shop. where is bought at weight value by a dentist and shortly after molten and remade as the fillings and grills of some guy, giving him him part of its dark powers.
an old witch finds out the origin of the gold and wants to reforge it for herself, now the guy has to fight against monsters and an army of undead while he learns about the occult to control his new abilities

why does steel have a superman logo?

Because he was one of the four Supermen that appeared after Superman died.

Black Justice

He's like the punisher but instead of shooting people he fills a tire with fuel, puts it over peoples shoulders and then sets them on fire.

Black kid who finds a relic that gives him the power to spawn temporary holes to another dimension that spawn shadowy monsters to do his bidding before vanishing back into the void. He uses them to fight crime.

He later finds out that they're acting against their will for him as slaves, leading to him having an existential crisis over the morality of him having used slaves "for good".

He continues to use them, but vows to dive into the void one day to liberate them from whatever force has bound them.

That one's free, guys.

Well tough question. His name will be Basilisk. And a really weird power came to my mind. So his power is a demon comes out of his body and demon conjures a beam that turns what it touches to stone. As angrier this guy gets,harder it gets to control this demon and depending on how angry he is the living things he turns to stone will feel pain. While demon is outside,the guy himself blacks out. Demon burns brighter depending how angry he was before summoning him.

>have super strength all your life
>die building a railroad
And he still lost to the industrial revolution in the long run. What a tale.

Choose your character, Sup Forums.

Black Guy
Power: Deflection

He has the power to deflect all things.

Break into enemy lair? He deflects the thought that he did it was him who broke into the lair to someone else.

Shoot him? Deflects it to something or someone else.

Basically his power is the embodiment of dindu nuffin

a HUMAN TORNADO?
youtube.com/watch?v=szH1-8VQgv8

so basically a black version of Rashido then?

>He doesnt main Obatala

scrubs

Danger Close
A black guy who's ability is that the closer you are to him in proximity, the more bad luck you get. He has no control over it whatsoever.
If you were to stand right next to him, you'd be accidentally shot and beaten by police.

Marcus Black Star. Pretty much Cyborg with Gateway powers.

Not a superhero, but I want to see a shounen/tourney-style show with black protags. Playing basketball or battle programming or something.

holy fucking shit my sides

Invisible Boy

Underrated post

I would rerelease the best black superhero

Easy.

He can alter matter to change how light interacts with it. Makes something reflective, transparent, or does it selectively to change which light bounces back and effectively changes its color.

Not the most combat ready power, but he could blind somebody by making their glasses/visor/goggles opaque or essentially give himself optical camo by painting himself to match the scenery.

Make him a mutant and put him on a Generation X style team, but he'll probably get killed in the bi-annual X-Kid culling.

only invisible at night

Is that the PS4 games library wearing a suit and goggles?

i had a concept for a black female super hero with growth powers, she turns into a giant women.
she got her powers from an explosion at a science convention, along with her scientist boyfriend and other people caught by the explosion.
she was an assistant of her scientist boyfriend, but after the accident she got dumped.
the boyfriend got plant powers and is dating a new guy with alligator powers and appearance.
giant monsters would attack the city and only she's able of saving the day but doesn't like to and would rather go shopping, she finds being a superhero to be like jury duty.

His power is wherever he goes, property values decrease

A gangstah, who meets an old hobbo who turns his life as he teaches him how to make all kinds of elixirs that give super powers for a brief amount of time, making hood wars more dangerous, after he realises what he is done he takes them all to bring order back to the hood. Dealer Man

Oh yeah, he sells these elixirs on the street, to make a quick buck. Until more people start immitating his formulae, making them more powerful

can turn his hands into hammers

An atomic explossion near a farm!
One regular street rat buys his chicken bucket
Wakes up feeling stronger, faster than any other niggahs
ChickunNiggun