I don't know why but I really want a Mad Max cartoon series

I don't know why but I really want a Mad Max cartoon series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GyL75eQI2Ec
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It'd be great if George Miler was in charge. The guy is so fucking creative and Fury Road had enough ideas for a hundred movies.

The Max video game just shows how shitty it can get when fanficy writers try to replicate his style.

I'd absolutely watch something like that.

>don't know why
It would be perfect for a cartoon desu

no one watched motor city and they wouldn't watch this either

High action, violent, episodic, with lots of freedom to decide what weird shit would happen next in a given episode. Hell, considering the semi-mythical nature of Max, you can play with art style, too.

Samurai Jack with a car kind of thing.

>Hell, considering the semi-mythical nature of Max, you can play with art style, too.
This would be really cool.

Not with that artstyle. Brendan McCarthy or bust.

I like it.

WITNESS!

If I recall, McCarthy started out with 2000ad, eventually did Rogan Josh with Milligan for Vertigo, and a Dr Strange/ Spider-Man comic. I think he co-wrote Fury Road, and worked with Miller on the design work for most of production, which was something like 17 years.

He was also the production designer for ReBoot, an early CGI cartoon that's loved by many on Sup Forums, which had its own Mad Max-inspired episode, 'Bad Bob'.

Here's one from that of a sweet 747 siege tower.

Jesus, when is the next Mad Max movie out? This film was a masterpiece.

It's a shame his character designs didn't get as much traction as his vehicle designs. They're definitely as impressive. But I suppose if you didn't have leather-clad fetishists it wouldn't be Mad Max.

I'll leave you with an early Furiosa. More art can be seen on McCarthy's website.

artbrendan.com/portfolio-items/mad-max-fury-road/

I mean, it's what they've done with the movies. Each on has a different "feel" from the others.

>Hell, considering the semi-mythical nature of Max, you can play with art style, too.
It'd be great if it was just one season, around 10 episodes or around that, with each one written, directed and drawn by different creative teams, each with their own take.

Like Batman: Gotham Knight?

Eh, maybe. The animatrix stuff doesn't always work out.

Fuck yeah, Brendan McCarthy.

They should let Bethesda make an open world Mad Max game!

The Mad Max game wasn't too bad. The story was meh, but the actual world and driving was pretty nice.

There is nothing more hype than charging in behind on one the convoys whilst blasting Brothers in Arms from the Fury Road soundtrack. Just a shame they don't respawn.

youtube.com/watch?v=GyL75eQI2Ec

Hey Judge, just the other day I saw that IDW had Dredd HCs with 'the complete This Artist' type setup. The ones i saw were McCarthy, Ezquerra and Bolland. Are those decent ways to collect some Dredd, do you think? The McCarthy one caught my eyes something fierce.

So do I. Fuck, it's never going to happen.

They only collect parts of some stories, don't treat them as real collections, they're just art showcases

Goddamn, i was really intrigued. The case files are nice but there's just so many of them, I'm kinda more interested in the highlight stories

Fun fact. George Miller originally wanted Fury Road to be an anime. the old leftover character designs by Mahiro Maeda were used as a basis for the main characters in the film.

Kinda surprised there never was one to go with Robocop, Rambo, Conan etc

That kinda explains the mechanical arm outta nowhere.
>make a Mad Max anime
>oh look a Hokuto no Ken ripoff, Japan ran out of ideas!

>No Animatrix-style compilation of Mad Max animated short films

Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland in search of our better selves

>tfw Immortan Joe stole Furiosa's hair

This. It's about time that we have some post-apocalyptic cartoons that aren't Adventure Time.