well, he was fucking 96
i would be lucky to make it to half of that

wow, i'm sad now
F

F

F

F

>Those numbers...
i'm sorry to hear that i hope you make it.

F

he's associated with the wallace and gromit show right? can I get a source on this.

Damn

F

Why do the good always die young?

F

Grew up watching Wallace and Gromit with my mom, even played the gamecube game. RIP.

F

F

F
Rip in peace, evil penguin. May you forever haunt my dreams

My dad loves his movies but it looks like the Big Cheese bit the dust.

F

Were all doing pic related untill we cant keep up

F

F

So much F.

F

F

F

Eating cheese in honor of you

>When the toast is 1 second late

RIP

F

Good Night Sweet Prince

he voices Wallace

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40165443

I have fond memories of watching the Wallace and Gromit shorts for the first time on Cartoon Network.

That being said, 96 is a damn good run. I can only hope to live that long. Sincere condolences to his kith and kin.

F

RIP Norman Clegg

F

Reunited and it feels so good!

Posting one of the the greatest chase scenes in history and THE greatest scene in stop-motion history

youtu.be/jrmZIgVoQw4

Exactly as planned.

F

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!

F

who?

All my F...farewell Wallace...

Took the ultimate cheese holiday

F

Such a big part of my childhood. Ultimate comfy watching the original shorts at Chrimbo with the family

RIP

Go force your maymays elsewhere you twat

i remember spending a lot of my childhood days watching all of the old wallace and gromit episodes that i had recorded on VHS. it's saddening to see him pass, but he had a damn good run considering he voiced one of the most beloved british animation characters out there.

F

I remember watching A Grand Day Out when I was a kid, and put White Cake Icing on Saltines (since I wasn't into Cheese at the time) everytime I watched it

F
F
F
F
F
F

>One of the pieces of animation which was what made me so interested in animation has lost it's best man

F

96. Damn... I'm left-handed so I'm gonna die way before that.

F

Well, I can't say I didn't see this coming. I suppose Aardman will just get that other guy who voiced Wallace in those video games to do it from now on... if they continue, of course.

On the other hand... damn it.

RIP

F

I'd prefer if they just left it. Nobody could replace Sallis. It's not Wallace without him

F

I'm not even from the UK but still a big part of my childhood

WHO DID IT!?

F

My grandmother was a huge Wallace and Gromit fan. The original 3 shorts inspired me to become an animator. They also influenced some comics I made when I was a kid, heh. Can't believe he's gone...

Good night Peter. Sleep well...

youtube.com/watch?v=UB7P4QzjWgw

goddammit

F

Mods pls sticky

Aardman always said it wouldn't be Wallace and Gromit without him.
It's over now.

F

STICKY NOW

>Tfw never knew about Wallace and Gromit until now
Still F

F

F

Well I guess I'm watching Wallace and Gromit tonight then.

Genuine F.

Picked up some nice cheese today thinking about the animations.

give the shorts a watch. maximum comfy and regarded as classics.

F Cleggy

F

Curse of the Were Rabbit was one of my favourite movies when I was younger.
F

>no sticky

Mods sticky this shit

F in peace, Wallace and Grommit was one of the shows to inspire me to become and animator/artist.

F

i have no idea how they did it.

F

F

I always thought there weren't enough Wallace and Gromit cartoons.
And now there never will be.

Aardman's already got a Wallace replacement they've been using for the past couple years.

F

Was anyone else slightly creeped out by Wallace and Gromit?

stopmotion is always on the border of uncanny valley. just look at laika movies.

how dare you
the fucking guy died, can't you not be stupid for once

F

Shit man, first pig now Wallace?
Mods where are the fucking stickys?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Watch anything by the Quay Brothers. That'll creep you the fuck out.

To the Big Dairy and beyond....it has been an honour knowing Mr Sallis.

Nice dubs sandwich!

Also,wow! I can't believe he lived that long.

We have some sad news to share with Aardman fans today - Peter Sallis, the unmistakable voice of Wallace, passed away over the weekend at the age of 96. Peter was a wonderful talent whose gentle yet distinctive voice brought Nick Park’s creation to life, charming millions of fans all over the world.

Nick Park shares some memories of working with Peter below (you can read a full statement from Nick here: aard.mn/2qQHDje)

“Peter's unique, charming quality, together with oversized vowels and endearing performance, helped me fashion Wallace from the beginning; the way he first said "We've forgotten the Crackers, Gromit!" and "Cracking toast, Gromit!” or just "Cheeeese!" soon led to Wallace's enormous 'coat-hanger mouth'. They don’t come along very often like Peter Sallis - he was a unique character, on and off screen, and it was an absolute honour to have known him.”

>343

>still no sticky

>went to the store to buy cheese
>didn't in the end

I feel like I could've bought it and saved his life

F

This hit me harder than I thought it would.

Goodbye Cleggy. May you stir up trouble with Compo and Foggy evermore.

It's still so incredible
I can't believe that voice is gone, top notch voice acting

I'm going to have some English Cheddar in his honour

Does anyone else remember when red nose day had W&G chocolates that when you held them up to the light showed a perfect image of a character?
I fucking loved those things, I never even ate them. Just kept em in my fridge until they either crumbled to bits or just disappeared.

sources say he choked to death on his own gromit

Mods rarely make stickies for dead people. I remember when Casey Kasem died; we had TWO threads going at the same time, and neither one got a sticky.
You mean these?

F

Dammit... Wallace and Gromit was actually the first piece of animation I remember liking. We had a VHS tape with three of the specials and I would watch them constantly when I was about 3. I still love them, and they continue to be my favorite pieces of animation. I always loved how silly Wallace's voice was, and I'm sad to see him gone, but I'm glad he was around to make this great contribution.

My family curse. No male in my family has ever made it past the age of 66. I'm the first one not working a shit job like coal miner or turpentine, but I'll fuck up somehow.

Fuck, I need to go have some Wensleydale.

so much of my childhood

I loved Curse of the Wererabbit
RIP grandpa, gl in Gensokyo

Welp when I get a dog I'm naming him Wallace

judging by those digits you will definitely fuck it up