Transformers: The last Knight

>First Transformers movie was legitimately good.
>Second one was a bit less fun but still fun.
>Third Transformers movie was a boring mess of 3 hours.
>Fourth Transformers movie was better than the third one but still bad.
That said The Last Knight looks surprisingly decent. Might watch it mainly because it was made more for older audiences than for kids.

youtube.com/watch?v=TH3Mocp_sI0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PRzKxceJhLA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's going to be a disappointment. They never stray outside of the narrative box. megatron will be used as a jobber instead of giving him a anti-hero arc.

Are you retarded? It looks like pure shit. Anybody who supports Bayshit should be hanged

I would say
>First Transformers movie was good, not exactly what I dreamed the first TF live action movie would be, but a serviceable, fun family action movie
>Second one was shit, and the reason all the bandwagonning casuals hate the franchise, pretty much the only movie in the series where their criticisms are actually true
>Third Transformers movie was good, not utter shit like the second but lacking the nostalgia/newness of the first one, worst thing about it being the few scenes with Sams parents/cringey romance scenes with blondie
>Fourth Transformers had some good parts but dragged on too much with boring parts, plus annoying as fuck boyfriend character

I am going to wager that Last Knight will be better than the last one, ans possibly better than the third, which would make it the second best Transformers movie in my opinion, as the years go by I feel more nostalgic for the first one and at this point it has full on "simpler times" syndrome for me

It's going to be another excellent billion dollar smash hit! Michael Bay does it again!

shitposting is bad

Being a boring faggot with no soul is bad too

>kids who were 8 when the first transformers came out can now shitpost on Sup Forums
man i feel bad for people who grew up on g1, cuz i feel old as shit and their older.

>>First Transformers movie was legitimately good.

>1
>legitimately good
>2
>fun
>3
>the worst
bait

The third movie was indeed terrible tho. The new girl and human villains were terrible. You couldn't even tell what the fuck was happening half the time and battles were boring

They're all bad as actual, ya know films.

As stories that actually focus on the Cybertronians and develop them as characters, its 4 >1 > 3 > 2

Hopefully this continues the trend.

I don't think that Bay ever made a good movie, unless im missing on something.

Armageddon is fine as big dumb fun.

that would be 2 and 4

the g1 faggots actually agree the first one was good. they even white knight the terrible ones because of how good the first one was.

Having decent taste isn't being soulless

>second one was still fun
Praying for a nuke

>Shia LeBouf killed Starscream in the 3rd movie
>We'll never hear Charlie Addler voice him again

What a piece of shit. I will never not be mad.

>not realizing he can still do the other Seekers, none of whom have actually showed up yet.

This echoes my thoughts on the films.

Bayverse gave us this slick new Barricade, so it's not all bad, right?

Holy shit what a fucking moron

Transformers 2007
pain and Gain
The Rock
Bad Boys
13 Hours

Are all good

No Armaggedon?

Bayverse GAVE US Barry so it was all worth it in the end.

There's a leaker on /toy/ that seemed pretty legit considering the stuff we've seen from trailers so far, etc, he said this one is the best.

that doesn't make sense

>can
But he won't, because he skims over the Transformers wikia and calls it a day when writing a script.

>Bayverse GAVE US Barry

Not really..but they gave us modern police car Barry

>Bay writes the script

>Michael Bay writes the script

>because he skims over the Transformers wikia

Does he?

Or is he just given a list of random names and just picks a bunch out of a hat to slap on whatever random bots he was gonna do anyway?

My mistake.

Whoever DOES write the script is the one who skims over the Transformers wikia, and won't include the Seekers.

Thats not Barry, fool.

They share the same name, like Tankor and Tankor, but they're not the same character.

Plus Bayricade subsumed the original G1 Barricade so much he might as well not exist, even in the IDW comics it was Bayricade.

>In 2015, the studio hired Akiva Goldsman to oversee writing a series of spin-offs with Bay and producers Steven Spielberg and Lorenzo di Bonaventura.[1] Goldsman has gathered together writers Robert Kirkman, Zak Penn, Jeff Pinkner, Steven DeKnight, Ken Nolan, Art Marcum and Matt Holloway, Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari, Geneva Robertson-Dworet, Christina Hodson, and Lindsey Beer

Hasbro literally made an entire writing team starting with The Last Knight with direct oversight in the writing department for the movies here on out.

Why do you think Megatron looks like Megatron now and has his fusion cannon?

>They share the same name, like Tankor and Tankor

Tankor and "Tankor" is bullshit

There is only one Tankor.
We all know the other guy is Octane. Slapping a different name on his toy package because of copyright isn't gonna change that

I like the battle of Chicago. It feels like genuine war and then occupation. Especially when compared to something like The Avengers.

How about "Octone"?

>Robert Kirkman
>Steven DeKnight
How is bringing those two on board supposed to help? They're awful writers.

You want to know why they keep coming here, dont you?

The secret history of shit taste.

>Holy shit what a fucking moron
How so? Or are you just shitposting like the retard you obviously are by your obviously limited vocabulary and need to emotionally blow up on people on Sup Forums discussion boards.

Here's some of stuff that I got from the guy who's leaking shit. Not sure if 100% true yet

>Megatron kills Hound
>Optimus kills Drift
>Robots have a ton of screentime, Megatron gets some good character devlopment, even the decepticons working with him all get flashbacks
>Optimus and Megatron have 3 separate fights
>Cade's a descendant of King Arthur
>Hod Hod becomes Rodimus Prime, his voice and look changes
>TRF works for Megatron
>Bumblebee is able to detach and put himself back together using transformium
>Bumblebee gets his voice back, it's different from the first movie
>Runtime is 2h 28m

>>Hod Hod becomes Rodimus Prime, his voice and look changes

Optimus dies? Again?

why do most of the fandom think that G1=80's fan. The Generation 2 cartoon was on syndication during the early 90s and that's how I got into the fandom.
youtube.com/watch?v=PRzKxceJhLA

No Optimus doesn't die. After he realizes what he's done, he relinquishes command of the Autobots, and wants to make Bumblebee a prime. Bumblebee refuses, so it's given to Hotrod. He didn't really say how he is made a Prime though

>Optimus doesn't die
What a Fucking joke. Why make him evil if he isn't going to die? I thought Bumblebee was supposed to become the new face of the Transformers Movie Universe. Also, who the fuck is Hotrod.

Because "Generation 2" was simply repurposed episodes of Generation 1, it was not a different series unto itself....it's like comparing DBZ to DBZ Kai or some shit, it's ultimately the same show, just like the "Generation 2" toyline is merely an extention of the Generation 1 continuity

When people say "G1", typically this includes both Generation 1 and Generation 2, it would be silly to consider them separate entities

But the G2 comic is consider different than got the Marvel G1 and Regeneration One

When will people understand that trailers are made by people who have nothing to do with the making of the film to trick you into going to the theater, and are not representative of the actual movie in any way?

>Wanting Bumblebee to be the new 'face' of the movie universe
>Who is Hot Rod

Fuck off retard

>trailers are made by people who have nothing to do with the making of the film
>Suicide Squad

Is it part of the same continuity? Honestly comics are the part of the franchise I know fuck all about, I've always been about the televised series' and toys

But in any case, I do know even the G1 comics aren't the same continuity/canon of the G1 tv series, so since the "G2" cartoon was just reruns of G1 in a new marketing campaign, it's not really relevant either way unless you're talking strictly comic books

There has been pushes for Bumblebee being the face of the franchise:
He was leader of cybertron for a solid 2 years or so in the IDW comics.
Then before that he was leader of the Autobots on earth during the 2009 ongoing.
Starring as a lead role in Predacon Rising film
Being leader in RiD2015

not the same user, but even the G1 UK comics are different than the Marvel G1 continuity.

>Bumblebee as the face of the franchise
>new

Thats bad, but

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Not knowing who Hot Rod is
is worse.

The cartoon is one universe.

The comic is a seperate one, and there's been a good half-dozen seperate universes that are potential sequels to it.

That jail bait in The Last Knight is looking breddy gud.

>this one time means it happens all the time and will continue to happen

I for one welcome our new Bumblebee Prime

Yeah like Boca said, G1 comics does splinter alot. a few examples:
G1 - G2 (Then it ends)
G1 - Regeneration One (Then it ends)
G1 - UK - G1 (mostly because Simon Furman started writed TF for the UK book and brought some ideas back into marvel)
G1 - Classicverse/Wings of Honor
And those are some of just the G1 comic universe. The G1 multiverse is huge like on the scale of pre-CoiE multiverse.

Are you plain retarded? Trailer editing companies like Trailer Park Inc., Mark Woollen & Associates and Create Advertising Inc have edited movies and their trailers. Do some research before you make a cunt out of yourself.

Alright, so even still the G2 comics are technically part of SOME "G1" canon, but still in either case I was just pointing out that it's kind of irrelevant anyway since none of the comics are canon to the G1 show, simply put if you're fan of the "G2" show, you're a fan of the G1 show, that's why nobody makes a distinction between the two in casual discussion, and as a whole it seems Transformers Generation 2 in all regards is still just an extension of G1, rather than truly being a separate series

You do know that the comics premiered 1st by 5 months before the G1 cartoon right? Plus, Bob Budiansky was editor and writer for comic who created most of the bio cards for the 84-85 line which the cartoon used.
>TL;DR
>If anything the cartoon isn't canon to the proper product.

Bayformers> G1

Prove me wrong

Yes I knew that much, but alas history belongs to the victors, Transformers will always be known for the cartoon and toys first, while the comic may as well not have ever existed as far as most casuals are concerned. And heck, let's not pretend a non capeshit boys comic would have ever been anything more than an obscurity if it wasn't part of a franchise that would become uber popular, like the Transformers.

I'm not implying one is better than the other anyway, I was just responding to the user who seemed confused as to why people don't refer to G2 as being it's own thing, cause it largely wasn't.

>spergs bitching about canon

There is no Transformers canon holy fuck you autistic retardfucks

deal with it faggot

G1 has better tits

Go jerk of to your Sunbow VHS tapes faggotus maximus

already done that this morning. jokes on you nigger

Yes, it was

All of them are terrible, the first one is just the least terrible

Wrong

How is he still alive.
Didn't he get taken down by the sniper/demo teams in dotm?
He does look better now but 'death' doesn't mean SHIT in transformers, only megs/optimus were supposed to revive all the time.

WFC Barricade was way better!!! Still mad that IDW killed him in Redemption.
I like what other user said, it would be legit if it was Prowl undercover as Barricade.

Don't forget Barricade switches sides and goes over to the Autobots. The last part might be worth the price of admission.

Kirkman was only in the writers' room for like the first day anyway.

They probably told him no zombies allowed.

>if it was Prowl undercover as Barricade
This would be the coolest shit ever.

The guy who voiced Starscream in the War Within fan movie was better

> tfw no Ultra Magnus

I can't deal with this right now.

In the UK the comic was far more popular than the cartoon, because it was far more available, whereas you had to endure Timmy Mallet to watch the cartoon in 5minute chunks during school holidays weeks.

If you watch the cartoon having experienced the comic, it's hard to like the cartoon; TF G1 fans in the UK are much less affectionate toward the cartoon.

Transformers UK was such a success it rivalled the Radio Times at one point, unprecedented for a UK comic.

Maybe they didn't finish him off.

Part of the plot is the gubment dumping Cybertronian bodies into a mile wide landfill, but not bothering to see if they're dead.

Will this movie also shill the exotic milk?

>Quintessa's ship is shown ruining the ship from DotM and the broken Sun Collector from RotF

Almost makes me think this movie might be well-thought out instead of "here's even more ancient Transformers shit no one ever mentioned before"

prime attacking bumblebee hurts my soul

(you)

I wanna lick Quintessa

Would you?

Depends. What does her ass look like? I can deal with small tits, but she's got to have a nice ass. I can't be doin' with no flat ass.

That dog don't hunt, monsignor.

I'd coat my dick in energon for that.

>but she's got to have a nice ass

Maybe?

So is it the Hate Plague or PTSD or something else fucking with Prime?

Quintessa fucks with his head, that combined with the fact that he's grown to hate humans

>>First Transformers movie was legitimately good.
Was it? Was it really?

As a movie for people who have never heard of Transformers, its alright. The lack of robots can be excused due to building them up and establishing everything.