Can we have Comic Book Movie Supervillains who are fun and memorable again?

Can we have Comic Book Movie Supervillains who are fun and memorable again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4WQ40PAoAho
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They took the Joker, cut him in half and separated his evil "wicked" side and his wacky "funny" side, and called those two respective halves "Riddler" and "Two Face"

Hardly memorable

My favorite batman movie right there

John Luigizama as Clown is still THE best villain performance in a comic book movie.

Except Wonder Woman had two fun villains and all the GOTG villains were pretty fun

If such fucking shit portrayals of these characters came out now you'd crucify them

I read somewhere that Tommy Lee Jones did his best to treat the movie seriously, while Jim Carrey knew it was shit and constantly schlubbed it up to try and piss him off - or at least get the stick out of his ass.

>I read somewhere that Tommy Lee Jones did his best to treat the movie seriously

If any villain should be taken seriously it should be goddamn Two-Face.

And Carrey just played himself. He was more threatening as the Cable Guy then he was as Nygma.

carrey Riddler was based but if you liked this two face you should be chemically castrated

Cable guy would make a great dc villain actually

We got Ego and Dr. Poison in rapid succession what are you even talking about

>Wonder Woman
>2 Fun Villains
Who? Dr. Poison who was on screen for 5 minutes or Ares?

what is two-face's schtick again?

Poison and Ludendork

Show me how to hit a guy!

Your first point is true

Your second point is not

"Yuck! I hate anchovies!"

The doctor was hardly even a villain. She just made tools.

Ares was hardly even a villain. He was right.___ _____ _____ _____ __

This shit was fun. It beats today's cape film's where every villain is a white businessman who uses his powers for evil. These guys had costumes, they did quips, it was closer to the silver age comics and I think it had more heart than all this grim "grounded realistic" bullshit you get in the new Batman movies. Instead of making Joker a humorous clown man, they went with "he's crazy! DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS" and I think they need to stop doing that kind of stuff and allow more humor into it

He's the best part of Spawn, that's for sure.
But I think Danny Devito as Penguin beats him.
Not a single actor here was as dedicated to the role as he was.
He is single-handedly the reason why McDonalds pulled advertising from the movie.

I'd love to.
But can we also have a movie Riddler who isn't just a half assed Joker copy ?
Two-Face got his turn already thanks to TDK.

I've grown to enjoy the Shumacher films more as I've gotten older. I think TDKR might have broken any tolerance I had for "angry Batman." Every scene with Poison Ivy in B&R is top-tier camp and I love it.

Or you know, they could do what good movies do, and meet in the middle

Sure it doesn't have to be gritty and "realistic", but it doesn't have to be a live action saturday morning cartoon to strictly appeal to kids either

What are you talking about ?
Jesse Einsenberg played a great Riddler last year (although for some reason they kept insisting on calling him "Lex Luthor")

Well they both were constantly at each other's throats during the shooting and TLJ only did it because his son insisted him to

If by "fun" you mean awful, unfunny and unthreatening cartoon characters that don't resemble any versions of the comics characters and are based on parody versions from old TV shows, then no thanks.

Contrary to what reddit told you, Silver Age comics weren't goofy camp where villains spouted quips.

TLJ should've been a God tier Two Face. Goddamnit Carrey.

Everything about the Riddler in this film made me angry with how little sense it made.

First he hates Bruce for not funding his machine, and then he finds out it's a mind control machine. So he plans on getting revenge on Bruce for that. Okay, that's fine.

So then, he starts putting riddles on his property for unexplained reasons. Why? As we see later in the film, he was intending to use the mind reading device to just get information to blackmail Bruce with, and he would've known it was Eddie because he knew full well the machine was a mind reading one. So why the riddles? It was just a dumb thing that was included because he conveniently becomes Riddler later and Bruce happens to be Batman.

Then Eddie decides he wants to be a supervillain and defeat Batman because... reasons? Seriously, what was even the point? It'd be one thing if he was established to have any interest in Batman beforehand or got increasingly more obsessed with the fact that he didn't know who Batman was. But he just suddenly gets a boner for Two-Face out of nowhere and decides to become a villain. Also, Batman just completely ignores literally everything the Riddler does the whole film until the ending where his girlfriend is kidnapped.

And that's not even getting into "Why can't I kill you?!" when he spends the whole film doing everything in his power not to kill Bruce.

Don't even get me started on how useless Robin is in this and the follow-up movie. The one time he does something helpful is when he pulls Bruce out of the rubble Two-Face buried him in.

The villains may or may not be memorable...

...BUT ONLY ONE SOUNDTRACK IS... FOREVER.
youtu.be/4WQ40PAoAho

>But he just suddenly gets a boner for Two-Face out of nowhere and decides to become a villain.
He's been walked on his entire life, feels slighted by Bruce for declining to fund his device outright, and then he sees Two-Face on the news living large and calling for Batman's head. It suddenly clicks that a life of supervillainy could be pretty fucking dope and, if he teams up with Harvey under the pretense of killing Batman, he can use the funds from their crime sprees to fund his research.

>Also, Batman just completely ignores literally everything the Riddler does the whole film until the ending where his girlfriend is kidnapped.
Bruce knew something was up with Nygma and goes to investigate his device at the unveiling party, remember? That's when Drew Barrymore activates the device while he's inside so they can map his mind or whatever. Riddler only took an interest in the doctor at the party because she was there with Bruce, whom he later discovered was Batman, and used her for bait in the end.

I mean, yeah, this movie has problems, but those two things aren't among them.

Those ones must have been published by Harvey or Mad or something.

I think Batman Forever is kind of dull whenever Nicole Kidman is on the screen.

Batman and Robin is entertaining the entire way through.

>Killing kids? Isn't that a little...?
>BANG
>No! It's a lot!

>Bruce knew something was up with Nygma and goes to investigate his device at the unveiling party, remember?

I mean when Riddler is going around committing crime with the police going "And here's Two-Face's newest partner who has been dubbed The Riddler".

I suppose that makes sense, though.

If I remember correctly, he didn't realize it was Nygma until he pieced together the riddles he'd been leaving for Bruce, which spelled out ENIGMA (or something to that effect) and he suddenly has an Adam West-inspired flash of revelation.

>E-N-I-G-M-A
>E. Nigma?
>Edward Nygma! What could he be up to?

normies at the helm won't allow sanction this type of buffoonery

Nygma has never been meant to be a serious dangerous badguy. Not 50 years ago in the TV show, not 35 years ago in the comics, not 25 years ago on BTAS, not 20 years ago in the movies, not 10 years ago in the comics, and not five years ago in the video games.

If Batman Forever and Batman and Robin were made and released now I unironically believe they'd get good reviews

>implying its normies and not puritan fags who think that everything comic book must be treated like the fucking q'uran

The right term its Jokerize.