Are episodes with guest stars almost universally bad?

Are episodes with guest stars almost universally bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6C6U3Nn_n_U?t=2m43s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Simpsons early seasons did them right, specially the Michael Jackson one.

You're watching this right now, AREN'T YOU!

No.

The Gaga one is the only modern Simpsons ep people say is okay, right?

Also noteworthy: MLP's Weird Al episode was the best one on the show. The Patton Oswald ep was fun if only because it was self-aware about the fandom and showed one of the characters reacting to a body pillow with bondage art.

Gaga simpsons sucked ass what are you talking about

Gaga it's probably the worse episode of the Simpsons, everyone was out of character because GAGA, also at that point Simpsons was shit already.

I think it helps if the celebrity has a sense of humor about themselves, and isn't just looking for more publicity.

>howed one of the characters reacting to a body pillow with bondage art.
what

that was a movie though and it had other WWE wrestlers

Depends. Guest star episodes can be good if they use the guest as an actor.
For example, the Weird Al and Emo Philips eps of Adventure Time are great.

When the whole episode is just dick sucking the SPECIAL GUEST STAR that is pure cancer and always sucks.
The best guest stars will be the sort where only after the episode is over will it click and you realize "hey, I knew I recognized that voice!"

>muh Gaga
>muh cheese sandwich

Those were both shit tier episodes because they did nothing but jerk off the guest.

>what are frogs.png

It probably also helps to have a writing team committed enough to the show that they spend all day in a diner booth downing pots of coffee and smoking cigarettes trying to think up funny material.

youtu.be/6C6U3Nn_n_U?t=2m43s
if the link doesn't work skip to 2:43

weird al guest eps tend to be good in general (though he usually does stick to doing guest eps where he's simply an actor rather than himself)

I've spent too many years watching Simpsons, I can't even really think of celebrity appearances from other cartoons, so I'll bugger off and stop spamming now.

Shit, I didn't expected a first plane of the pillow, just a hidden stuff in the background.

Oops, forgot image. That's it, I swear.

I thought the Wonder Over Yonder episode with Weird Al was pretty good

that was done well.
also liked how MJ didn't do his singing lines to see if he could trick his family

>when daphne creamed her panties at the sight of john cena

I was hoping it would turn into a story arc with Fred becoming jealous but nothing came out of it

I liked the Korn episode of South Park.

>Tatooine Luke
>Anakin's lightsaber
>Green blade

Even Woods playing himself did a great job.
And he's a scumbag!

James Woods has always been funny in his appearances on both Simpsons and Family Guy. Weird Al is also one of those special guests that clicks well in his roles.

Yeah, it was great.

>no one's mentioned Rasslor
For shame.

I don't think a lot of people realize who Rasslor was voiced by

They worked him in so well that he blends in seamlessly

to be fair, his voice is kinda copied by a lot of people

you saying that while the Michael Jackson one in the Simpsons exists offends me

That attention to detail is actually really impressive. It looks like they actually went out of their way to make him look slipshod for the scene.

king of the hill had the best guest stars

how now, gas man

Wasn't Fred just as intrigued as her?

not at all, hell that episode was pretty good even if the premise was kinda contrived even by cartoon sitcom standards

>Hank's cousins with famous musician with the same last name
>said cousin likes to play pranks on Hank
>reality TV show producer wants to film Hank getting pissed off at the pranks
>almost does something that would seriously injure Dusty Hill, so they get him to fuck off
only unrealistic thing to me is that they didn't script the fuck outta the reality show

Nope.

idk the regular show ep with Tyler the Creator was pretty decent imo

No.

well when I said contrived I meant specifically Hank being that closely related to someone famous

Bump with a good episode

If they play as themselves, become best friends with the main character for some contrived reason, and are the main focus of the episode, then its pretty bad.

I liked the Luke Perry episode of Johnny Bravo.

>Hey, I know you! You're Fidel Castro!
>Uh, no. I'm Luke Perry.
>Right. What'd I say?