Why is it so hard for people to understand why Ben was so serious in Alien Force or why he lightened up starting in...

Why is it so hard for people to understand why Ben was so serious in Alien Force or why he lightened up starting in Ultimate Alien?
>Hasn't played hero in years
>Thinks Max died in that explosion
>He's 15, so the can't avoid the fact he's going to have to straight-up kill Vilgax and become a depressed hardass like Ben 10,000
>When it's time to face his destiny he manages to curbstomp Vilgax at the beginning and end of the season without killing him
>Ultimate Alien starts with secret identity being exposed, allowing him to enjoy his fame
It's really not that hard to understand

Wasn't it all because Kevin was constantly cucking him out of his cousin?

People who expect a 15 year old to be the same as a 9-10 year old are fucking retarded.

yeah i liked ben in his alien force days, he was more humble.

Yeah,I guess you can say that

A lot of Sup Forums Ben 10 fans are retarded

so basically omniversefags

UA Ben wasn't even full retard. He was quite serious in plenty of episodes.

It was just AF Season 3 where they dropped the ball hard with him.

So why do people like Omniverse again?

the female characters

until all the awards and accolades came in that is.
seriously, omniverse ben seems to be younger mentally and physically to AF/UA ben.

Because is the best Ben 10 show

It was fun.

>seriously, omniverse ben seems to be younger mentally and physically to AF/UA ben.
he basically is. The character design and the way he's written makes him feel younger. But whenever I bring it up with Omniversefags in other threads, they'll adamantly deny it

Ben's design for AF/UA was perfect

Yeah agreed

The artstyle was shit, m8.

I don't even know to be honest. They made Ben a retard, made Gwen uglier, and completely fucked up Kevin's backstory. The only thing I ever liked about that show (and that I barely saw because the retardness was so high I barely could stand) was Rook.

Ben does act younger in Omniverse, he's gotten cocky from taking out huge threats but mans up when he has to. Physically, they look around the same age, just different.

Why was omniverse ben 10k such a jobber?

>They made Ben a retard
Not being a boring lifeless character ≠ being retarded. Omniverse Ben was way more mature than AF Ben in a lot of episodes.

>made Gwen uglier
And?

>completely fucked up Kevin's backstory
They fixed what AF/UA ruined

>I barely saw because the retardness was so high I barely could stand
Well this explain your shitty opinions.

not to mention the shit art style in general that ruined basically every character and alien design and the lack of pupils

the problem is that he should be acting like UA Ben(who was mature but still had a lot of fun), but Omniverse Ben acts like a literal child

Derrick's artstyle is great. It works amazing in motion. Only retards hate his style.

I don't hate his style normally. But his Omniverse style is objective shit

Okay, convince me.

What episodes are worth wasting my time with other than the Highbreed arc?

I remember all of them ranging from being mediocre to shit.

No one.

Because he literally had no character in the show.

He was stale, and Boring as fuck.

>his Omniverse style is objective shit
Anti-Animatedfags still say the same about the best Transformers show, just like the anti-Omniversefags

Well I'm not just memeing. I'm serious when I say that his Omniverse style sucks objectively. I would have vastly preferred a Mystery Inc-esque style instead

As a kid I thought he looked kinda faggy and was hoping he'd be buffer and cooler like Kevin was, or that he'd look closer to Ben 10,000, but now that I'm almost 19 I like it more because he actually looks like a regular fucking 15/16 year old unlike nearly every other teenager in TV who looks 25.

>Mystery Inc. Ben 10
I never knew how much I wanted this.

I actually really liked UA Ben. I thought they did a good job showing that, even if he got a little cocky here and there, he actually was a pretty level headed guy when it came to "serious" stuff.

same. and then come omniverse and he is a manchild. Like I get that he is a teen but to make someone who went through all that stuff and had control over the omnitrix, a bumbling idiot who cant use the omnitrix without messing it up now is dumb

Fuck omniverse

the tone was more serious, but the threat wasn't
the high breed and forever knights were weak shit and never felt like a problem. especially when how Ben's new aliens were busted
it only got really exciting to watch when Vilgax came back. And the better episodes were the ones when he wasn't facing an overarching plotline
Omniverse managed to work because it found the good mix between having serious plot lines and be fun. not having ben win every fight with humungousaur also helped.

I still think AF Gwen was the best Gwen

>Not the original Gwen
What kind of shit taste do you have?

a taste that isnt pedophillic

shit taste

Why has Ben 10 had like five fucking reboots? How does retelling an identical story with a different animator pass as a new show? Serious question.

The writing was more enjoyable than AF/UA.

cute

Why do you keep embarrassing yourself?

agree on the forever knights, disagree on the high breed.

pretty much the reason why vilgax did the whole conquest by champion was to bypass the high breed supreme being buddies with ben.

There's a difference between growing and making a complete 180.

>better written
>ben was ben and not some emotionally stunted retard
>he didn't shout out alien names each time he transformed
>better art direction

Basically anything that carries over into Omniverse.
So anything Albedo and when he gets the new omnitrix

Sometimes when you mature, you DO pull a 180.

solomon comes to mind

known for wisdom
becomes a debauchee in the end

Are any Ben 10 series actually watchable? Like story wise? I remember seeing the original, but each episode felt disconnected, was a long time ago though.

You don't, you gradually change over time and refine your personality. Not change completely.

All of ben ten is complete shit

It's not hard to understand at all.
The answer is shitty writing.

Gwen got ugly as fuck, he wasn't missing anything

Omniverse had a great storyline.

it wasn't that he was serious, it was that he was boring

People forget that a lot of writters form Omnivore worked on AF and UA.

And even them were glad to remove a lot of the shit baggage that AF and UA brought to the franchine.

That's not Cybertron/Armada u fucking nigger

Say what you want about the UAF era, but it had great fucking music.

The only one Albedo episode I sort of enjoyed was the one with the Woody Allen Vaxisaurian.

Give me a specific example, because all the o es I remember off the top of my head were not great.

Same reason TMNT and Power Rangers do.

What would you have changed about AF to make it less boring?

I would have given a few episodes in the beginning to explain Kevin's heel face turn. Have him remain an antagonist for maybe five or six episodes worth of time, even if he never made an appearance, and then have something happen where it actually makes sense for him to join team omnitrix. The whole "I want my money" segueing into "lol I would die for u Gwen" thing always bothered the fuck out of me. It felt flat and boring

>unironically defending UAF
Thank god for Omniverse trying to make a masterpiece out of this shit,

The only thing I miss from UA is Ultimate Humungousaur.

God damn I hate regular Humungousaur

>tfw you remember Gwen and Kevin are a thing

but why tho

I actually liked Gwen and Kevin. The whole "dating catwoman" trope is a favorite of mine for some reason.

I love when bad guys become good guys in general too. AF just handled it like shit.

There was no build up, no "we shouldn't be doing this" on either one's part. Ben had the tinyest most neutered "but he was our enemy" protest that got dumped in like a single episode.

What was even the point of Humongasaur when he had WayBig?

Come to think of it, several of his AF aliens were kinda redundant. At least with the OS, each one had strengths and weaknesses that were unique to it.

>What was even the point of Humongasaur when he had WayBig?
well, for one, Humongosaur wasn't nearly as big as Way Big and couldn't get nearly as big as Way Big, so he was more useful in different situations.

Humongasaur was his "strong" guy when he didn't have access to Four Arms

It's kind of a shame that Ben 10 exists because now nobody can ever do that premise ever again without being called a flat out knockoff

I'd really love to see a series where someone else gets the omnitrix with their own set of aliens. There's just so much potential there that it's a shame we only get to see how Ben uses it. And even then they fucked up so hard in the middle that it turned into a quasi-Dragon Ball Z/Digimon hybrid

I dunno, maybe if they waited like 5-10 years, they could do a series with his son Ken. Have Ben 10K go missing, and Ken has to find him or some shit like that.

>Dial H for Hero

It wasn't that I didn't understand it. I just didn't want to watch it.

I know we're getting into Fanfiction tier shit, but I think a series set in the 50's that's a procedural cop show from the perspective of the Plumbers busting down on Alien invaders would be cool as shit. Especially if one of them had a proto-omnitrix that can hold only one alien at a time

Alien Force And Ultimate Alien were the reason Man Of Action quit the show and only returned when they were allowed to do a new series themselves. Omniverse was a show that redeemed the original Ben after AF UA crushed and ruined him.
Alien Force And Ultimate Alien are canon confirmed as shit by the show's creators. The show made everything about Aliens and scifi etc even Fucking up Gwen and Kevin, Making Gwen an alien.... Stupid. Making Kevin Good for no reason... Stupider. Sorry but Omniverse was better.

this, it was already basically Dial H with some Ghostbusters/MIB mixed in

I would watch the shit out of a Plumbers show, but I doubt a proto-omnitrix would do it any favors. The whole idea of Ben10 was that his omnitrix was the only one. It literally was the prototype. you could do the arc where it gets stolen by vilgax and xylene steals it back in an attempt to send it to max, but on the whole, I think having an omnitrix involved dilutes the idea of the plumbers as being space cops.

In theory, all the things they did /could/ have worked, if they implemented them right.

There was a whole thing with the plumbers kids being half alien. Thus, making Gwen part alien gives them some 'validity'. It's some Mary-sue level bullshit, but if they actually went anywhere with it, I think it could have worked. Especially with the whole Charmcaster thing going on - "I had to work for my powers, and you were born made of magic".

I get why the made Kevin a good guy. With Max gone, they needed a third. Sure. They could have created a character from scrap, or they could use a character from last series that people are already familiar with.

Don't get me wrong, heel face turns are one of my favorite things, but they totally dropped the ball with Kevin. He needed to have several episodes as an antagonist before bringing him into team Omnitrix.

Your post is so dumb I don't even feel like addressing how wrong you are.

But Ben 10 is a literally who show.

His art in Transformers WAS pretty shit tho.

Why do the Robots have Humanoid Faces? And what the hell is up with Optimus Prime's Lips?

Meanwhile Omniverse had the best art style out of any Ben 10 show in my opinion.

no it's not

It wouldn't be like an exact copy of Ben's. At least, it wouldn't be if it was written by me. Then again I'd write the show with the underlining theme of space-racism so the idea of a device that temporarily puts you in the shoes of your enemy would be pretty important. Either at a literal level for espionage purposes or for diplomatic purposes as it'd be pretty hard to negotiate peace with something like a vulpamancer. If anything the guy with the omnitrix would be one of the weaker members on the Plumber team since everyone else is packing heat and he's left with a temporary disguise

>4.5 billion in retail sales
>More than 100 million toys sold
Makes sense, it's been going on since 2005 and the toys sell like hot cakes.

What the fuck.

I can see where you're going with this, but I think we may have to agree to disagree. I feel like if you're looking for a 50s style cop show set in space, having somebody with the ability to transform into another species kinda doesn't fit all that well. I think it would make for more challenging problems that they'd really have to be creative to solve, because like you said, vulpimancers cant speak English.

Ben 10 is RIDICULOUSLY popular in Latin America.

Of course...
I hope they at least have good spanish dubs that sound like the original but I doubt that.

Yeah but the proto-omnitrix would be the catalyst for understanding. At first they treat it as a weapon to be used on the offense, something that's only used once per episode, but as the show goes on situations come up where they figure out there are more uses for it aside from fighting. I guess the watch would have an Animal Man type restriction where it can only turn into whatever its closest to so the thing doesn't end up totally broken like Ben's, but that character still wouldn't be the main focus of the show. Just one part of a greater whole

You don't just retcon years history. Its lazy

The art style in OV was a huge step down from AF/UA

>not being attracted to a 10 year old
>shit taste
ok

Ben 10 has had like 3(?) sequel series and 1 reboot

That's fucking awful. Now I want to see more of it.

That was power corrupting him not age getting to him.

Wasn't there an episode in UA/AF where there was a prototype omnitrix that could only use the abilities of species near by