Thor Appreciation Thread

Post everything about this glorious blonde God and his glorious hammer

Other urls found in this thread:

viewcomic.com/original-sin-thor-loki-001-2014/
youtube.com/watch?v=4L2lqy6EaZA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Based.

This was a huge "Fuck you" to Jason Aaron from Hickman.

I just thought it was a cool moment.

What a lad

>Thor
I don't understand, thats clearly a guy?

Really fucking wish they would put out more of the DeFalco Thor run.

For all of the shit it got over the decades, I really fucking loved War of the Pantheons and Black Galaxy Saga. I would kill for an omnibus of the entire run put out already.....

A second Defalco volume is coming out later this year.

It'll contain #401-417 plus the 1989 Annual.

So how much of Thor is actually collected or not?

Want to read some older Thor but don't know where to start.....

The last straw was turning Valkyrie black
Its like seeing Kathy Griffin with the bloody head

I'm not going to watch his movie
I'm sick of marvel bullshit anyway

This arc was so good. What the fuck happened to Jason Aaron?

Have you ever watched an adaptation that was 100% faithful to the source material?

yes

These were all great, final salutes to an old time favorite character before Marvel totally shit on him.

People can bitch about Hickman and Secret Wars but there really were some good points in those final days. Secret Wars just turned into a bit of a fiasco and then it was all down hill from there. Shame.

You guys sure get triggered easily

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Which is better: Kirby's run or Simonson's run?

Lift the seat.

Bump

Doesn't look like wants to take a dump, just piss in the corner or on the hammer.

Is the phrase "I CARE NOT" a catchphrase for Thor? I'm sure I've seen it multiple times

Jason Aarons Thor was good before the whole trainwreck

Thorm was really cute in Adventures.

The Marvel Adventures Avengers was great in general.

How about people most more of Thor wrecking Stark's ass? Even when he had his special 'Thorbuster' Armor that he created out of a magical artifact Thor gifted him to create clean energy sources for mankind he still loses.

Tony Stark is not a good friend, you give him magical relics to make the world a better place and he tries to kill you with them, you die and he feels the need to make a psychotic cyber-clone of you and uses it to murder your shared friends.

And we got a some cancer chick instead of this ;/ Truely this are the end of days.

Hello good brother. I see you are having mighty battles today. Please, allow me to lend my might and the might of Stormbreaker to your cause!

Can we have Thor and Bill hanging out, and also Thunderstrike/Eric with them as the junior member of the crew.

such a fantastic moment
DUUUUDE, where's my hammer, bro?
she's A Valkyrie, the last one. You see Hela kill the rest.
Robert Rodi's stuff

This was such a good and beautiful book. Based Ribic

>you give him magical relics to make the world a better place and he tries to kill you with them
>you die and he feels the need to make a psychotic cyber-clone of you and uses it to murder your shared friends

Oh... are these things not okay?

> 1 of the best Thor moments ever...

The Titana issue alone was a trainwreck the rest of the Fem Thor work has been decent.

He said it several times in that one fight, as this guy who's been dicking them over severely for several issues and Thor felt indirectly responsible for the fuckery as they used his old axe to commit the massive level of dicking, the guys only defense was to convince Thor to stop fighting him with arguments but Thor was well past caring and just kept saying "I care not!" progressively louder as he was beating this poor fools ass, until the climax in that panel when he sticks him through that portal to the sun or whatever the fuck it was.

It was really pretty epic and bad ass.

For all the hate Malekith justly gets, Kurse was a badass mother fucker!

what book is that from? and what artist?

Simone Bianchi
Original Sin - Thor & Loki - The 10th Realm
viewcomic.com/original-sin-thor-loki-001-2014/

he looked cool but even he was nerfed compared to the comics. When Thor fights him in the comics he usually gets wrecked, and that's when he's super god powered. I was kinda let down by him too, just not as much as Malekith.

I think Godbomb and God Butcher are overrated, but The Accursed was fucking awesome and Aaron managed to make him terrifying.

>Simone Bianchi
thought it was him...he did my fav Thor story, For Asgard.

>one asgardian gets punched so hard his eye flies out of his skull
it's fucking metal

> "The Mcu has no good music" they said...
youtube.com/watch?v=4L2lqy6EaZA

>No hammer Bros cosmic roadtrip

From the rubbish thing that introduced Angela as his sister.

Actually, it was a real good Thor & Loki adventure story, it's just the 10th Realm and sister premise was all shit.

Actually, it sort of makes sense if they made Hevan out to be Fólkvangr, the Realm of Frejya where half of those valiant dead go when they die.

>it's just the 10th Realm and sister premise was all shit
No that was really well handled that mini and even Angela's 1st series afterwards was good it was just Bennett that ruined everything in the 2nd series.
> If Bennett is put on Wonder Woman I WILL BURN SHIT DOWN!

Adding Angela to the Marvel universe was stupid.

I mean in the first place who gives a shit about ANGELA? If it had been Spawn that would have been something.
And secondly everything they did with the character was absolutely retarded.

I loved this part.

Movie was weak, but Frigga's funeral looked great and the song was amazing.

Thor? Don't you mean Odinson? Fuck did they really have to take his name from him? Fucking depressing I tell you what. When the fuck will Jane die of cancer so Whor gets erased forever.

That could be interesting, but is Valhalla one of the 9 Realms? I thought it was kind of a sub-realm thing. Folkvangr could have been an interesting spin but I guess I never envisioned it as "Realm of Angry Women".

Eh, I guess I agree with in that I don't give a shit about Angela, it felt like another failed attempt at Marvel trying to give us more girl-heroes. Also I didn't care for adding a whole "new" 10th Realm, I feel such changes negatively impact the older stuff.

I'd much rather see more Sif, maybe Volkstagg's wife or even "Adventures of Tween Hildy" could be awesome.

Maybe this is my general irritation of Marvel, we had so much good stuff and ideas to run with, stop making crappy new things.

I just want more Volstagg

I'd read a Volstagg family book. Get Ghibli or whatever their name is that did Power Pack and just keep it a light, young adult/tween book of fun little Volstagg family adventures.

>his
Uh, honey, "he" is not your's anymore.

I know it's tough to be a guy and read comics just to impress your girlfriend, but leave comics to real comic book audience, which has not been you for a long time now.

That would be amazing. Include those adopted human children, maybe add in some other kids who have no family from some sort of war (like the Shi'ar Asgard war, or even abandon Kree). The kids go out and play and have an adventure then Volstagg tucks them in for sleep. maybe have a couple issues of him exaggerating stories he has, have the Warriors Three as uncles.

That would be great.

That's why I stopped buying them after Secret War. Wouldn't want you to have to take my patriarchy money.

ok, that's a hot goth look

> Alice Eve will never play Amora
Why Live?

who are your favorite Asgardians?

Cheating and saying Beta Ray Bill > Thor > Volstagg > Balder > Loki > Sif > Kelda >Tyr > Odin > Hogun > Heimdal > Valkyrie > Fandral

ah shit forgot revised list

Beta Ray Bill > Thor > Volstagg > Balder > Loki > Executioner > Sif > Amora > Kelda >Tyr > Odin > Hogun > Heimdal > Valkyrie > Fandral > Loralli

> Thor = BRB > Bor > Valkyrie > Hogun > Sif > Odin

I liked this "day in the life" bit quite a lot. Top tier power level character should have at least one comic like that.

No one cares about Whor and her continuously uninteresting SJW shilling adventures.

Odinson + Mjolnir = Thor

God what an asshole no wonder he is unworthy

I find it works better for Thor than the likes of say Superman because he literally IS a God, travelling different planes and seeing things beyond mortal ken all the time while still being a pal you can sit down and have a drink with.

this was such a great story. The priest doubts his faith in God because he sees Thor and wonders if his god is real. Thor tries to find out but can't and just keeps him company as he dies.

A couple of the stories in Heaven and Earth were mediocre but the book as a whole is pretty awesome.

>"So... what's Captain America really like?"

Thor vs Sentry is always great

Like when death seed Sentry and Thor fight on that green lava planet in Uncanny Avengers

What issue was that?

I'd actually want to read that

Thor Heaven and Earth by Paul Jenkins the 3rd story called Ask Me Tomorrow

I like Thor OGNs cause you can do nearly anything with him since he's lived forever. the writer doesn't need to worry about where in the continuity it exists

Humble and Awesome.