"yeah Jack is a badass with a gun and daggers and rides a motorcycle and shit now"

>"yeah Jack is a badass with a gun and daggers and rides a motorcycle and shit now"
>"holy shit that's awesome Jack looks like a mean badass with a beard and armor!"
>"wow I can't wait too see Jack's character completely changed"

*goes back to being morlfag Jack with old look and "muh wisdom" complex*
>tfw there are people that defend this because "muh nostalgia" and "muh story arc"

Wtf I hate Genndy now

OP, are you stupid? Serious question.

Get over it, honey. The damage is done and there's nothing to do about it.

and that's not even the worst part...

sure, I would have liked to have more than two episodes where he has this new style and fighting methods

but I also get that the show had to move along at a quick pace to finish in 10 episodes

and since he started the season lost and distraught, ultimately it was always going to be about jack getting back on track, back to the sword (and the original look that went with it), and back to the past

Episodes 1 2 thrino

>we never got a fight with Aku to top the graveyard fight
Just end my life

I wish something of his changes from Season 5 stuck, whether it was the combat pragmatism of using his enemies' weapons alongside the sword or just the beard.

I dunno. I liked Season 5, but it feels like Sup Forums will eat you alive if you even dare to suggest it could have been better.

I personally think Season 5 couldve benefited from having more episodes and maybe a season 6

It really dropped in quality for me right after episode 4. The early episodes actually had some sense of urgency compared to the rest.

Knowing that we'll never get to see punished jack fight aku hurts

>it feels like Sup Forums will eat you alive if you even dare to suggest it could have been better.
What are you smoking? The only reason people make SJ threads anymore is to complain. You're clearly in good company

Honestly edgy jack wasn't that great
>muh hopelessness
>muh suicide tendencies
>muh haunting past

literal emo

The first three episodes were just the execs meddling and trying to hard sell the "ediger adult themed" Jack. Genndy just wanted to tell a story and wanted no part of that shit, I don't even think he really wanted it to be on Adult Swim.

Yet they were infinitely superior to the rest of the season. Really warbles your marbles.

I feel pike these threads are made only to trivialize when someone has an actually reasonable greivance with the season

But the 1st 3 episodes were amazing

Yeah, The back half of the season would have been fine too if the whole thing had been that way. I think tonally there was just a real whiplash that the first 3-4 episodes didn't match the rest and so it feels like we only got half of either side of things leaving it incomplete.

The back wouldn't have been fine regardless. The season was about an overarching plot but the episodes were too insulated. That format just wouldn't work no matter what came before.

That fight was only feasible because Aku had Jack's sword and was focused on killing Jack with it. In any other circumstance all conflicts between Jack and Aku are pretty one sided.

>>we never got a fight with Aku to top the graveyard fight
Why the fuck would you want this, when jack wrecks him every single time without issue?
I swear, some of these people haven't seen the original show, because they're asking for a repeat of something that's already been done.

>"wow I can't wait too see Jack's character completely changed"
except nobody in their right mind expected this?
>tfw there are people that defend this because "muh nostalgia" and "muh story arc"
tfw there are people that when asked 'what's two plus two" will answer 'four'