How do i get better at drawing

How do i get better at drawing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b0dH4P0jHJA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Practice

Practice

not copying anime

That fucking little bean notch thing on the side of heads. What compels so many people to draw that shit in poses it has no business being in. Hell, even in poses you could put it in (i.e. 90° side view) it isn't that pronounced and should be part of the facial anatomy instead of this weird caved in shit with no bearing on anything else.

this

fuck this guy, if it anime gets you drawing then do it. it's much easier to relearn how to draw once you've started and have a basic grasp on it.

It's cute mon

the bean shape heads are reminiscent of neoteny, like a baby or young animal. human beings are naturally attracted to that shape.

No fuck this, every kid who becomes an artist learns how to draw by copying a style they like, whether it's from anime, a cartoon; whatever. Sure, for a while they're symbol drawing but that's just a part of your natural progression as an artist and if you like drawing cartoon characters then it'll make you happy enough to continue giving enough fucks about drawing. Drawing photo-realistic still life bullshit all day is boring and so are the miserable uncreative people who do it. Look at how fucking miserable /ic/ are. Just draw whatever you like and practice a lot and make sure you actually enjoy what you're doing.

just learn the proper order to things. The reason people fail to learn is by neglecting one of two things:
1. They try doing everything at once. You dont need to do form, lighting, and perspective right at the start, get comfortable holding a pencil and having fun before tackling those one at a time.
2. Honestly half the battle is picking up the pencil. stick with it and practice, if you draw every day you'll improve leaps and bounds over those who dont.

oh boo hoo, not everyone think your precious nippon is great. gonna cry about it? whine to mommy & tell them the mean kid is bullying your favorite art style?

people who copy anime in the west, nine times outta ten, copy the worst habits and cliches of anime
but then again, I guess it all comes down to the final argument I've got

without people copying anime, we wouldn't have Steven Universe, one of the worst TV shows to ever be on

If you can, take a life drawing class, the ones where you have a live model. It helped correct my anatomy something fierce.

Don't listen to the faggots saying that you start copying other styles and if it's anime, then so be it.
You do learn copying, but you'll learn only what you copy and anime style is a blight on drawing. You'll learn it, but it'll set you backwards years, because you'll come to think that it's ok to draw that way and that getting better means getting better in anime, not in actual drawing.
It's cancer, don't do it. This is coming from a professional artist that learned from Anime.

real life practice

same guy as you want the real answer? here it is
don't copy anime. don't copy ANYONE

be your own art style, and don't be an unoriginal dumbass like and you can inspire yourself with whatever the fuck you want, but if you just want to make art as incestuous as alabama with copying someone else's style rather than developing your own, then you're a shit artist

you wanna get better at certain things? find out the fundamentals, learn how to practice them, and then do it
you wanna improve your true-to-life drawing? start by lightboxing photographs to get a knack for it, start taking a drawing pad with you & going out to different places, & don't stop drawing til you get what you want

want to improve animating ability? practice by animating short clips with basic movement

You got a cintiq?
youtube.com/watch?v=b0dH4P0jHJA

There's already lots of good advice in this thread, but just in case you weren't already aware of it, there are some very useful links in the /ic/ sticky. As much as Loomis has become a meme, his books have a lot of the information you'll need for good figure drawing. I'd highly recommend studying them once you've become comfortable with the basics.

SU is great, stuff glass up your dick hole

I'd tell you to do the same, but you probably cut yours off while pretending to be a girl

>every kid who becomes an artist learns how to draw by copying a style they like
That's not how drawing works, if you just straight up copy anime without knowing the fundementals, you end up with pic related. Read an actual book about drawing anime from the japanese, you'll see that it's a lot more complex.

Copying most western art styles is easy since all the charcters are basically shapes and are designed to be drawn easily from a 3/4 postion with no extreme angles. the same can't be said about anime and it's a meme many beginning artists fall for.

>>/ic/
Read the sticky, read loomis

It's good

Just don't draw any fetish bullshit and you'll be fine

Starting with Loomis is the biggest mistake

Dude are you fucking insane? Always copy other people. I agree with the fundamental shit and learning your basic shapes but you are off your fucking rocker if you think coping is bad. You want to be a caveman and draw like people in the stone age fine, but telling other people not to do it is insane. Not sure about the whole anime thing but thank you for listing an example of what not to do.

copying not coping.

Remember, take inspiration. Don't ape. Find what makes them great than scribbling what you think makes them look good.

don't just draw whatever and assume you will magically improve overtime.
study specific techniques. different kinds of line weight. different kinds of shading. different kinds of expressions. different kinds of shaping a titty. color theory. different ways of doing the veins on a dick.
don't just learn one method of drawing a hand. learn five. ten. twenty.
draw from life. draw from cartoons. learn to mimic other artstyles to a convincing degree. learn to apply one cartoon's artstyle to another cartoon's characters. learn how to draw an amazing background, then learn how to draw a really half-assed background that discourages the viewer from noticing how crap it is.

Don't worry about your own style. your own style does not exist and will never exist so long as you think that's your goal. your own artstyle will gradually emerge as you gravitate towards some techniques over others for both aesthetic and practical reasons. .

>different kinds of shaping a titty

This.

This is important.

Why?

I'm not saying do cavemen stick figures, I'm saying to carve your own path into the art world and not live in the shadows of others

Fair enough. That is actually decent advice.