The Incredible Iceman And His Disastrous Social Life Make For A Winning Combo

bleedingcool.com/2017/06/05/iceman-1-review/

>And so we get a very classic Marvel characterisation and story: An incredible superhero with human foibles. Someone amazing and awe-inspiring, whose personal life is chaotic and awkward. And guess what — it’s fun!

>So we have something that the Marvel Universe has needed for a long time, but also retains the classic Marvel feel and fun, and creates a new book that all readers can enjoy and relate to. Seriously — whether you are gay, straight, or anywhere in between, this book is relatable, funny, and just a blast to read. This series has a lot of promise, so hopefully we can see Iceman cracking jokes, beating up bad guys, and dealing with his new life for a long time to come.

Will this actually be good?

Of course not. It will be awful, but every comic site will praise it for being amazing because it is about a gay character like always.

That would be nice.

If so I might give it a chance.

You do know they pretty much just copy and pasted the review for America and just put Iceman, right?

every one of the X-solo titles is a stealth mini, I hope the Cable one lasts though

How do people think Rick Johnston is a credible source? The man shitposts on CBR to get all of his "sources" and "information."

I love the fact Bleeding Cool started out as a comic website to promote Avatar Press comics. Like, literally, Avatar Press created the website and gave it to Rich for the express purpose of promoting their comic line.

The guy is a rumor mill hoping for fame.

You're kidding.
>Owned by Avatar Press, it was launched by Rich Johnston on 27 March 2009

Wow. You learn something new every day. Another fine example that comics journalism is a joke.

>Will this actually be good?
No.

>An incredible superhero with human foibles.
I wish we could stop counting it as a groundbreaking thing. Every fucking superhero is written like this since middle 70's.

>Come at me
">I triple dog dare you

y'know what I want, a comic about an ugly gay guy

>Seriously — whether you are gay, straight, or anywhere in between

how to market a gay character 101.

Do not mention that they're gay in the marketing. a good story would hold up on it's own merit regardless of the main characters sexual preference. look at Batwoman or Midnighter, they've had good stories without having to shout "GAAAAAAAY!"

They also liked/shilled Secret Empire. So I don't trust them.

But this time they're gay!

is he still gay?

Yes.

Wait, are they both gay, or just the younger one?

Both.

How does that work? I thought Jean only brainwashed the younger one. Or is it like Looper, with instant changes to the future selves?

>Jean only brainwashed the younger one.
What? This sounds like some Purple Man shit.

If they retcon al the gay shit, then yes.

Well Batwoman after her disaster of an initial introduction which was all about her sexuality in the media hype about her.

Also

In-universe it was never brainwashing, he had been in the closet for the whole time.

wait wait wait. "anything in between" wtf is between gay and not gay. either you fuck dudes and your gay, or you don't and your not gay.

>pushing gay character who was never actually gay
No thanks. I just don't like seeing gay couples in my entertainment.

Bi.

Bobby got lucky only being brainwashed into being gay. Young Jean has gotten a taste for it, who knows what other people are gonna be brainwashed to

This. You fucks keep giving shit like America, Jean Grey and this all the attention and we've got a new book that actually might work out to be great and no one gives a fuck about it because there's nothing to be angry about in it.

>An incredible superhero with human foibles. Someone amazing and awe-inspiring, whose personal life is chaotic and awkward

>This series has a lot of promise, so hopefully we can see Iceman cracking jokes, beating up bad guys, and dealing with his new life for a long time to come.

That's fucking every Marvel hero these days though.

yeah, nothing like that exists. if you fuck dudes your gay, it doesn't matter if you fuck women on the side. Same if you fuck animals or dead people, you don't suddenly turn in to a semi necrophile.

What's wrong with Jean Grey other than all the girls are homely as fuck

kek. I fucking hate gay Bobby. It's just about the only thing I hate for being gay. Just fucking WHY?!

>yeah, nothing like that exists
Alright, doctor, if you say so.

Hell no. He's a fag.

she can't keep getting away with this

Anything other than straight is deviant, so he's right.

Marvel doesn't like bi male characters. The few that are, are pushed into minor roles and obscurity. Hell, a prime candidate for a bi character is Hercules but they stated that he's completely straight, despite coming from ancient Greece and being a god

deviant is a religious term. you know it is the same way as it is with kosher. you eat the wrong stuff, prepare it in the wrong way. your not jewish. But then again US so called liberal jews eat prawns and pig, and still try to call themselfs jews. you westerners put no value to what words actually mean.

you know that just because sociaty forced gay people to marry and have children up until like the 90s of the last century, it does not suddenly make them not gay or bi, just because they had a wife and kids.

>he's completely straight, despite coming from ancient Greece and being a god
All ancients Greeks weren't gay though, and not all their Gods were. Was Hercules historically bi? I doubt it. He may have fucked buys, but that's not the same as being gay or bi in America. Greeks viewed sex as dominant / submissive, so fucking a man was still manly if you were the one fucking. Getting fucked was a bitch trait. Basically you could fuck buys and be alpha as fuck as long as nothing went near your ass.

>deviant is a religious term
>de·vi·ant
ˈdēvēənt/Submit
adjective
departing from usual or accepted standards, especially in social or sexual behavior.

Don't know where you got that, eurofag, but it's literally not the definition.

>still manly
That's not how it works. All gays being fememine is a meme. It is possible to be manly and gay at the same time.

Marvel Reinassance, baby!

Purple Man needs to turn hero just for one issue towards the end and make him straight again. If Marvel really wanted a convincing way to make Iceman a faggot, he should've just done it the old fashioned way with a wild night of perpetual ass fucking. And teen Jean still needs a mental raping of her own. In fact just call Purple Man in to do both.

In japan, it goes hand in hand.

No, Marvel's bi erasure bullshit has been happening more recently than the 90s.

That's cause Japs are fucking stupid.

I don't think you know how sexuality works

Do you think she turns men that hit on her gay just so they can stop bothering her

>Marvel doesn't like bi male characters.

Poor Daken. Only the fujoshi's remember him.
We nearly had a bi Gambit too but Marvel put a stop to that.

>>Marvel with tumblr shit

Obviously not.

>It is possible to be manly and gay at the same time.
In America gays seem to have forgotten that or completely ignored it. All gay guys in America are bitches.

What the actual fuck
Are you retarded

They retconed the future self thing, or rather the o5 are not from 616 anymore, so this makes even less sense

open any book on psychology on the human sexuality part. There is no partly gay.
but the sociaty did not stop forcing gay man to marry up until the 80s. when the 90s started you suddenly got that whole crazy gay marriege thing as an idea, and now you have it in RL. What is worse, because gay man were on avarge more inteligent and richer then stright ones, you actualy cut off a good portion of good breeders from the gene pool of your sociaty.

all social norms are grounded or based on religion. And am not an euro fag.

I flicked to a random page in the chapter and its talking about situational sexuality such as prison gay

>elevators being a no-fart zone is inspired by scripture

That may be the official idea, but Marvel dumped that conceit in favor of deep soap opera and CW drama many years ago.

It does mention his disastrous social life being fun, and I can see any recently out gay using Grindr as a dating App, rather than as a way to have as much sex in the next 24 hours as possible ending horribly. Poor guy is going to end up in a sex sling or something.

We know how this is going to turn out.

It's... okay. It's not terrible. It's not good. It exists. The artwork is bad. The amount of the comic that references him being gay is fairly minimal.

He is writing a profile for a gay dating site. His dad is in the hospital. They don't know he's gay. His mom teases him about finding a girlfriend. He awkwardly deflects.

He goes and fights some bad guys, then returns to the hospital. His parents tell him to leave because they don't want the news to make the connection that they are related to him and bother them.

He goes back to working on his dating profile and clears it and puts just one thing, which summarizes this book entirely:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rich didn't review it. Joe Glass did. He's their resident gay reviewer. All of his posts have to deal with gay books or creators, and he gives glowing praise to everything gay.

Bobby even has a Dildmace ready to go. Maybe he'd be into the sling.

>unlimited shapechanging changing powers with fine detail control
He should be in the top 3 most popular gays on 616 earth.

>tho
RRRREEEEEEE

>His parents tell him to leave because they don't want the news to make the connection that they are related to him and bother them.
Oh right yeah his parents are shitty. I had actually forgotten that.