What went wrong?

What went wrong?

HELLO

Define wrong.

With regard to its cancellation, it cost actual money to make, and wasn't a runaway merchandising hit.

Nowhere. The show is great.

The first season was plotted like a parody of Greg Wiseman shows, it was 20+ episodes of character melodrama and a plot that kept going "So what if nothing happened this episode? Look at this cliffhanger that implies this is leading to something interesting!"

>make cartoon that's fun
>call it Teen Titans
>make a moody mess full of drama
>call it Young Justice

I'm confused

DARKNESS, MY OLD FRIEND

It was a edgier, moody, more serious successor to Teen Titans. But the writers took the initial concept too seriously and the team members were downright insufferable at times. All with some overarching ark that never seemed to go anywhere. There's nothing wrong with standalone adventures that build up your characters, or even light hearted filler sodes to lighten the mood. LH had a little of the former in S1, but that was all gone in S2.

S2 was where shit really fell apart. Too dramatic, too whiny, and... I just didn't like any of the characters. Fuck, I sympathized more with the Light than I did with the League. Hopefully in S3, we'll get to see Kamadi poking their desiccated corpses with a stick.

You didn't buy any toys.

>no cocky and fun superboy
>Not Tim and Bart
>No secret
>No wonder girl
The show was fine, and I know they show up in season 2 but i wanted them day one man

Guy Characters were useless and childish and the girls can't do no wrong.
So...
Target Audience shifted to

Tranny/lgbt faggots
Liberal Tumblrina shippers
Horny tween girls
Liberal hipster minorities

The blackhole of action figure profitably

In short Matriarchy ruines everything

So sad isn't it?

>Tranny/lgbt faggots
how

Self insert

Much like korra

HELLOOOOO MEGAN!!!!
I'M WHELMED

I mean Secret showed up in that Halloween episode but her design sucked and the fact she could only repeat her "name" severely limited her character

Greg Weisman

which is a shame cause he was gud before that

Ignore the blatant bait.

what the fuck are you talking about

CN getting too greedy.

Like everything, by letting women in the show.

>we never got a PG14 Young Justice cartoon in the 90s
>if they make one today it won't have any of the references and jokes that the comic did because no one knows who the fuck Hanson are and MTV is dead

Do you know any words that aren't buzzwords

Poor merch sales and nothing else.

Looking forward to season 3!

Nothing, it was whelming.

Teen Titans sounds a million times better than Young Justice anyways. I'm glad the brilliant show got the great name, while the crapsack series got the subpar name.

>not liking Artemis
>not liking Superboy
Although I can understand not liking M'gann.

You want shows without waifus? What is wrong with you?

Bitches and whores, the whole lot of them, Women have no place in superheroism. M'gann just highlights this.

God forbid a show actually stand on its own merits without result to cheap tricks like waifuism, the bane to all things original and quality.

@93017385
You're an idiot.
Stop shitposting in what could be a good thread.

Not being Teen Titans sequel, that went wrong

Good thing it does stand on its own merits, then.

Don't do it, user.
Don't let him derail the thread.

Not really.
Nonspeaking, background roles.

Question for you, user: could you explain why the following female superhero characters from the Teen Titans cartoon are "bad" characters?
Starfire, Raven, Jinx, Terra, Argent, Bumblebee, and Kole
Bonus round: try to tell me about these as well?
Blackfire, Kitten, and Cheshire

If you can't explain this (or don't respond), I'll assume you're shitposting, and know perfectly well that just like for male characters, it's all about how they're written in the show itself.

>@93017385

You been drinking tonight user?

Are you new?
It denies shitposters their precious (You)s.
Surprisingly, it tends to work.

That they're all women, women are the very opposite of heroism, they are all awful human beings/people and there's a reason why depcitions of female 'heroes' was regulated to cheap 'pulp' rags, because they were widely mocked and rejected by ACTUAL people who give a shit and was actually worth a shit in literature, you try putting a woman like wondercunt, and your work was practically blacklisted for life and you on the shitlist.

Guess we're going with this:
>If you can't explain this (or don't respond), I'll assume you're shitposting, and know perfectly well that just like for male characters, it's all about how they're written in the show itself.

Really my bad. I learn something new about this site everyday.

Try and hide it.

When MEN act like histrionic assholes with ego tripping, THEY get called out
With women, they can practically get away with murder and raising a single objection, the world thinks you just said she should be stoned to death.

It only really works in fast threads, because the shitposter tends to miss the reply. In slow threads like this one, might as well give the (You) instead.

Might as well not reply in the first place because, shit, look at what's already happened.
So much for a comfy YJ thread.

FUCK YOUR 'COMFY" bullshit, its degenerate, and prompts passiveness and being a weak willed lilly livered piece of shit no better than scum. Drown is fucking misery like a proper adult

Oh, you're just an edgy teen.
Good to know.

have sex

>have sex

What? So I can get an STD and then get accused of rape by some bitch because she's bored?

So we shouldn't try to fix that by creating proper female role models (no, not the feminist kind)? In fact, we should start with cartoons: brainwashing little girls into growing up better-behaved sounds like an excellent idea.

>Hey I like Hanson

hit the weights

You can do that just by beating them up when they fuck up, for much cheaper.

This is what I'm talking about. Get big

>hit the weights

gain height

Nothing exercise and a good diet can't solve.

You think if season three happens with darksied will she come back

get a clue

Its coming back next year.

Did she get SEIDed with his big grey dick?

Work hard and things can happen. Don't let your dreams stay dreams

>What went wrong?
Tim Drake

I agree, it should have been Damian.

MEGAN

Megan raped Kon.

And mind-raped Simon and a bunch of aliens.

I wish. I still can't believe they wasted both Harm and Secret with a one off Halloween episode. If Empress shows up they'll probably do the same.

Arrowette will probably be a wannabe vigilante who was inspired by Artemis and they have to stop her from getting herself hurt.

I really enjoyed the show but the light constantly saying "just as planned" was a bit silly.

Secondly the stealth op , low tier aspect eventually melted away. Maybe I'm recalling in correctly but later on they kind of kicked ass on all tiers

Well in season 2 a lot of the major Leaguers were busy with that stupid trial so "the Team" had to step up

I remember when Sup Forums was constantly shitting on CN for dropping the show because of its female demographic. Then Gamergate shows up and suddenly CN are saints for getting rid of that evil feminist show.

Timeskip. Waste of good character development.

Jason Todd and other members died off-screen.
Jason Todd didn't even get screen-time.

People had to scramble for a scapegoat once they realized how flawed the show was and couldn't admit to having shit taste. Because saving face on an anonymous Reptillian soul-harvesting generation ship.

You know what helps prompt shit taste?
Women.

Along with everything people have already mentioned, for an action show, I honestly can't recall one good fight.

Well lets see
>Everything is part of the plan, even failure
>Megan hiding her true form because she thought everyone would see her as ugly
>While on the subject, completely ignoring the fact that White Martians are supposed to be the violent war culture of Mars and included a plot point about them being oppressed back on Mars
>Superboy being a clone of Superman and Lex Luthor
>Sportmasters instead of Slade
>And then have Slade job off screen

My main gripe was that Miss Martian never got punished for mindraping people
I think it's funny that she and Superboy fucked while she shapeshifted to look like the other girls though

This,

Ben 10 is also an example

Season 2 took on way, WAY more plot than it knew what to do with. I remember watching it and by the end I couldn't even remember what the threat was, who was betraying who, or why I should care.