Do you think Rebellion will have the balls to actually kill Dredd? Even with all the future tech he is still pushing 80...

Do you think Rebellion will have the balls to actually kill Dredd? Even with all the future tech he is still pushing 80. Will they just keep giving him various rejuvenation treatments and whatnot, or actually have the decency to give a conlusion to their most popular character?

I say reboot it and not have him age in real time

Wait, has he actually been aging?

Real time age is one of the reasons why the Judge Dredd world is so cool, I think they will kill this version and put a clone in the role

Dredd goes in real time, no comic book time here. He was in his 30s when the comics began in 1977, now, 40 years later, he is in his 70s.

There are citizens over 200 years old, I wouldn't count Dredd out just yet

That's fucking ballsy. I like it.

But how spry are those 200 year old citizens? At what point does someone have to become wheelchair bound due to age?

There are rejuvenation treatments, so there is a cheat there

That is the worst idea.

I think if nothing else their gonna let him to get 100 before they kill him off, or maybe good for the whole, 'he died one day before 100 years' kinda stichk

According to Wagner himself, Rebellion has no plans to kill Dredd, even in an Elseworlds/What If? story (which he has proposed). I really hope they cave in eventually. Dredd's age has been pushed as a subplot since the 90s, and having it all go away feels like a terrible cop-out.

It's also implied justice dept has access to much better rejuve than what's available to the cits

The best way to kill off Judge Dredd is a creep getting lucky in a normal arrest. No epic adventure and sacrifice, no withering away. It feels appropriate, and ideally shouldn't be telegraphed at all.

They'll just clone him.

They already have. I actually would like seeing Rico II take over the name. He's essentially a younger Dredd, so you could have your regular short routine Dredd stories without any big changes, while also doing larger stories about him trying to live up to the old man's name. Cake, meet eating it.

And then see the city carrying on without him. Other judges stepping up to fill his tight boots.

So do they change the name of the strip to Judge Rico?

what is Ricos last name again?

Naw, they just pull a Kraken and rename him Dredd. Which adds yet another layer of pressure to Rico's new life: do NOT end up like Kraken.

What's the name say on his badge, buddy?

but thats because Joseph was still around
if he dies theres only one Dredd left, so he might aswell pick up the badge

>fill his tight boots.
I'm amazed someone remembers this

>Dredd gets killed
>his spirit, severed from its mortal coil, is now free to go fuck up Judge Death and his cronies whenever it wants

>captcha: Sydney brooks

I say the Justice Department just keep stitching him together until he can't take it anymore.

>The year is 2178
>Approaching his 100th year as a street judge, Dredd can feel nothing of his age.
>Dredd feels nothing at all.
>His body had aged and withered decades ago, lost limbs replaced with cloned ones, held together with bionic stints that pierce his skin and hold him standing like an iron maiden
>the numbness is broken only by the horror his memories
>his brain, worn out from constant rejuve baths, is fracturing. Pharmapills keep the hallucinations at bay
>he snuck up on Anderson yesterday, his shambling corpse makes no mark on the future, his radio brainwaves cannot be read
>He thinks about Hershey every day, and every day considers following her out to the Cursed Earth
>His fingers integrate with his computer, information floods his brain
>He feels every crime as it is reported
>The cacophony of Mega-City One fills his brain
>He steels himself for the day ahead
>He is the law.

Not even that. They'll pull a Taggart and keep the name while shifting focus to a new character

I think it was Michael Carroll who once made a joke like that while writing Jennifer Blood.
>But is she truly dead? And can we keep the series going with her dead? Here's a clue: google "Taggart".
Either way, I'd be down with Dredd turning into an ensemble cast series too. Grud knows they've got a lot to work with there.

Eh, if they ever really wanted to cheat they'll just have his mind transferred to a younger clone body