What is his accent?

What is his accent?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articulation_(phonetics)
waisman.wisc.edu/phonology/pubs/PUB23.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjEk6an_6nUAhWh0FQKHQ9DATAQFghqMA4&usg=AFQjCNF-A5XDGZJG0VwSYJ3Kfmgguf05KA
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3304211/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3408277/
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/78b2/3783acd414437051e6e3e1c21f113bb04573.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwj7nNncgKrUAhULslQKHbobCsEQFgg1MAI&usg=AFQjCNG4wSXY3tyg-VxAf4-toD6JoBeKgg
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0095447005000355
web.archive.org/web/20081008000501/http://linguist.emich.edu/ask-ling/accent.html
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0095447005000513
dexterslab.wikia.com/wiki/Dexter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Autism

Welcome to Sup Forums

Wasn't it based on a pissed off french roommate Genndy once had?

Why was he the only one in his family to have that accent?

Hes just LARPing, probably got it from some VHS tapes the parents had.

Mexican

Funny.

science

People with aspergers tend to imitate the accent/pronunciation of words and phrases they first hear (like from TV).
Partly Austrian, partly generic "smart"

French

Omelette du frommage

Cartoon German.

Dad got cucked. Dexter inherited a heavy Russian tongue which makes him rest his tongue at the bottom of his mouth instead of touching the roof of his mouth like most americans. As a result, he can't help but speak in the accent due to genetics.

That font smoothing is painful to look at.

Language it's something learned, not heritable.

>pissed off Frenchie
It all makes sense now

Same accent the Captian Underpants kids have. Old

The language itself, yes. The ability to speak it and accents, no. That's why some people can roll their r's while other cant. Our tongues are actually different which leads to some accents occurring naturally. You can fake an accent if you're skilled enough at mimicking, but it pales in comparison to naturals with specific tongue placements and abilities.

That's not even remotely funny.

An accent

What kind?

Just an accent

>this entire post
Seriously nigger?

Because it's a cartoon, dude.

Dee Dee was smarter than Dexter

Genndy said in some interview Dexter was just trying to sound like a smart foreign scientist

I thought it was Austrian

I think it's Russian, because Genndy's family is Russian

This. Genndy felt awkward during his childhood for his accent and Dexter as based on him, what if instead of just being a autistic fatso with a stupid accent little Genndy had a secret laboratory?

It's true. Certain accents naturally happen as a result of tongue and mouth shape in addition to ability to move it. Things like rolling r's, and the pronouncations of certain sounds (like n vs ñ) comes as a result of how thick/heavy your tongue is, where it rests in your mouth, and how it pushes off against things in your mouth. For some people, there are sounds they literally can't make or help but make. Don't believe me? Try pronouncing different alphabetical sounds and change around how flat your tongue is when you push off, or which part of your tongue you're using to push off of parts in your mouth with (e.g pushing off on the roof of your mouth to make an n sound with the tip of your tongue pointed vs flat, and the same thing with the middle part of your tongue -- now imagine you have a naturally fatter or thinner or curvier tongue and you naturally push off the roof of your mouth as such or even worse. Natural accents)

>this whole post

Every linguist in the world disagrees with you.

>guess thats how intelligent people talk

About what? I never said language itself was heritable. Ability to speak it is, and this can lend itself to some people naturally having accents. It's a truth that the sounds your mouth are capable of making is genetic (at least to start with).

Are you retarded or something? Do you know what jokes are?

Is your IQ like, 2?

>Things like rolling r's, and the pronouncations of certain sounds (like n vs ñ) comes as a result of how thick/heavy your tongue is
Yeah, this is definitively the work of genetic heritage and has obviously nothing to do with familiarity with the sound and specific mouth movements, completely.

I just got here user but was it necessary to post that shit yet again? I rage just by seeing it, don't you have any other smug pics? Be more considerate, dude, geez

He's adopted.

There is a genetic aspect to it. You can be familiar with a sound all you want, it's not going to help you roll your tongue and make rolling r sounds. Or stop your tongue from being so fat you can't help but make ñ sounds when saying things with an n. There are all different kinds of things pertaining to how your tongue ends up being built biologically that can impact whether or not you can make certain sounds with your mouth.

>repeats the same tired argument while providing no evidence of his claims
As someone familiar with both of your premises, rolling r's and pronouncing n and ñ, I can tell you that the shape or size of the tongue can't have any impact in saying one instead of the other, the way in which you have to move your tongue and teeth to make each of these sounds is far too different from one another, they can't intersect simply because your tongue is bigger or smaller unless you have some serious deformities in you buccal cavity or lack proper control of your muscles which could be attributed to a genetic mutation that in most cases is considered a disease. I suppose you could have minor differences that could change the ring of the sound you are making, everyone has them, but that won't change the sound itself.

Because he probably thought that having an accent made him sound smarter, cooler, or unique in some way. He probably thought that the best scientists had accents and wanted to go with that.

>I rage just by seeing it
>being this pissed off over something so incredibly minor.
You need therapy, user.

>same tired argument
>no evidence
You literally use your tongue and mouth to make sounds, you moron. The evidence is in your fucking mouth. Unless you're stupid enough to believe everyone has the same exact tongue, mouth, and lips like a damn cookie cutter.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articulation_(phonetics)
You can read this and check all the sources at the bottom of the page.

That article doesn't support your retarded theory.

Russian or german.

>didn't read it
OK. Everyone has the same exact tongue and mouth shape.

It's stoopid

Not him, but you are stupid as fuck and making shit up. You are retarded and should feel ashamed.

Yes, some people have harder times to pronunciate some things, but this doesnt happens because of genetics, this is natural.

The way that you talk, your language, shape your vocal cords along the years and make it easier to talk in a certain way, but this isnt genetic, it happens with everyone (except with my mother language strangely it stands out).

You are a dumbass, this is why someone born on China might have a hard time pronunciating words in English, but their son that was born in America would have no problem.

Anybody can change the shape of their vocal cords with enough training and repetition, this is how you REMOVE accents.

You are a fucking dumbass.

>muh boogeyman

Wow, maybe you should go back yourself.

>hurr everyone has the same mouth shapes and everyone can make every possible sound ever with their mouth if they try hard enough regardless of tongue shape or possible deformity

Unless your tongue and/or mouth is deformed, the sounds you can make with them are roughly the same. The notion that your "race", which isn't a thing (the colloquial, occidental, definition of race isn't a thing; to be exact), somehow forces you to speak in an accent is ludicrous.

People born and raised in Spain may never be able to speak English without an accent, but that has nothing to do with his genes. It's because Spanish and English require different ways to move your muscles and exhale air. Those things are learned at a very young age and can hardly be learned after a certain stage of development; but take one of them to the US during that stage and he may speak one, or both languages perfectly without any noticeable accent.

Your little retarded theory makes no fucking sense. It's like saying "Europeans are better at playing the piano because genes". Retarded. (You)

Yes. This is fucking science.

Go bring us actual proof, or fuck off.

underratted

Accents are more about the sounds people learn at infancy.
A Mexican doesn't have Mexican accent because of the shape of its mouth, but for the people that was around him when it was an infant.

This is why people that was adopted as newborns have the accent of the people that raised them and not the kind of accent their ethnic group has.

Babies are knowledge sponges, do an accent near them regularly and they will keep it for the rest of their lives.

waisman.wisc.edu/phonology/pubs/PUB23.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjEk6an_6nUAhWh0FQKHQ9DATAQFghqMA4&usg=AFQjCNF-A5XDGZJG0VwSYJ3Kfmgguf05KA

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3304211/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3408277/

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/78b2/3783acd414437051e6e3e1c21f113bb04573.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwj7nNncgKrUAhULslQKHbobCsEQFgg1MAI&usg=AFQjCNG4wSXY3tyg-VxAf4-toD6JoBeKgg

It's a shame I even had to find these papers. It doesn't take a genius to realize different mouth and tongue shapes made as a result of genetics leads to some people having ability or inability to make certain sounds with their mouth.

Now what I believe you idiots are trying to suggest I am saying is that language is genetic. It is not. However a person's natural tendencies for resting their tongue combined with usage of what they have been given through genetics leads to the different accents occurring naturally. Yes a child born in the states can take on an American accent if they train it and their mouth allows the vocal range, but the sounds they naturally make will still have inflections that sound similar to that of their ancestors, and in some cases they may not be able to make certain sounds or properly pronounce things in another language due to the limits of what they can do with their mouth.

Man, I am agreeing with you.

Dexter is very central european so germany or austrian. I think it would be funny if dexter got into Sup Forums racial iq theories as an adult.

This is true, but at the same time there are certain nuances to the build of the mouth shape, tongue and vocal chords that lead to subtle differences in the voice even though the accent may sound the same otherwise.
E.g. the base and tone you would hear in a black persons voice you might hear despite them being raised by a white family.

>It's a shame I even had to find these papers.
>half of the links doesnt work

Unlike you I read the (other) half. None agree with you.

Most dont even come close to talk about the same thing that we are talking about, hell, one of them is about congenital problem where a person is born without a good chunk of the tongue. It has NOTHING to do with the discussion.

Holy shit man, just admit that you are a giant fraud and was making shit up.

If there is ANYTHING on these articles that agree with you, post it.

What you are saying is obviously non-scientific, and is easily proved false by simple observation.

>easily proved false by simple observation
Post case studies then.

Does anyone on Sup Forums not get dexter is the trope that any scientist is going to be german or austrian with a very thick accent?

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0095447005000355

By the way, go study what an accent is, and how it originates:
web.archive.org/web/20081008000501/http://linguist.emich.edu/ask-ling/accent.html

Study about the change of accents across decades: sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0095447005000513

You are dealing with a fucking Anthropologist mate.

Are you going to answer the fact that you didnt read any of the links that you posted?

he doesn't sound like either of those

>complains about links not working
>posts broken links
Interesting...

Not him, but all of those links work fine for me

Which one is broken? They are working fine for me. Anyway, if you wish so I can give you the name of the article to research:

Degree of foreign accent in English sentences produced by Korean children and adults by James Emil Flege.

IIRC, it's a mix of mimicking a French room mate mixed with a bit of Russian.

Though, I had two kids from the Czech Republic at the daycare I used to work at, and the little boy sounded EXACTLY like Dexter.

What American people think German people think Canadian people think Russian people sound like.

It's a cartoon and he's mimicry of Albert Einstein. It's not that complex.

It's not a thick accent, but it definitely is central european and not russian. All the best soviet were ex nazis.

kek

german, he was smart

dexterslab.wikia.com/wiki/Dexter

>He speaks with a Russian accent despite the rest of his family not having any accents.

I was raised in a mexican household but I never adopted a mexican accent, explain that.