Iron Man has only 6 scenes in Spider-man Homecoming

>In August 2016, Screen Rant had the opportunity to visit the Homecoming set in Atlanta, where we spoke with numerous members of the production team about Stark’s involvement. Co-producer Eric Carroll revealed Downey “might be in like five or six [scenes]” total, which bodes well for those hoping to see a lot of interaction between Tony and Peter.

But yeah guys. Its totally Iron Man 4.

probably about two days of shooting

>>ANOTHER Spider-Man thread

Spider-Fags are the fucking worst.

Really doesn't say much OP. A scene can range from 5 minutes to 20 minutes.

Six scenes too many.

all ruined by the trailer. so if i am iron man fan only why go watch it now when i know i seen all of them .

You really got mad about that one post didn't you huh?

6 is too many. 3 is too many.

He says as there's about 4x as many Wonder woman threads going on right now

He shouldn't have been in it at all. Wonder Woman didn't have Batman shoved into 6 scenes, why does Spider-Man need Iron Man to be a successful movie.

Wonder Woman is a good movie. This is not only a Sony produced movie, but part of the MCU, so it's guaranteed to be unwatchable, and thus doesn't deserve to take up so much space on this board.

>Hugging his new son Peter in his car
>Telling Pete to take it easy in his building
>Sending invitations
>Helping Pete with the ship
>Flying to the airport to film civil war
What else? maybe one scene with Pepper and as awesome as it would be to see him duking i out with the vulture better leave all the boss fights to Pete.

At least Batman has a short purpose in her movie.
I have yet to see jusifcation for this much IM in the promos.

Fuck me, he's going to be in 120 minutes worth!

>Homecoming has a ridiculous amount of footage already shown off
>not a single one has any actual Spider-man/Iron Man team-up action in it
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're grossly exaggerating Tony's role in this movie for marketing purposes.

>Peter, with great power comes great responsibility.

>they shoved him in half of the poster and half of the trailer
>only six scenes because they couldn't pay him more
That's even worse

6 scenes too many

At least there's a reason why there are a number of Wonder Woman scenes.

The OP just made a new post because he's upset that people are slightly concerned about Homecoming.

>sixth Spider-man movie, first one in the MCU vs the first Wonder Woman movie EVER
Yeah, god forbid they do something a little different this time around.

Marketing, to emphasize Spidey's in the mcu. You can't understimate general audiences who thought Donald got a postcredit scene in the first Guardians.

Every "Homecoming" thread is filled with people complaining Iron Man has hijacked the movie and will have equal or more screentime than Spider-Man himself.

I'd say it's valid to set the record straight.

>Set the record straight.
>Haven't actually seen the movie.
Okay.

The majority of his appearances have to take place after Civil War, considering Mark 47 is supposedly the upgrade to Mark 46

Its Ironman 5, 4 was the one with Captain America

How is that at all similar. Howard the duck is a fucking who.
Everyone knows Spiderman is apart of Marvel. What is there to justify.

Just because it's different doesn't mean it's good.

i thought the problem wasnt that iron man was in the movie too much, but the movie is marketed so that RDJ is a huge part of the movie

Doesn't mean its bad either

Point is they are clueless with this stuff, they may think this is another amazing spiderman situation, or just be fed up with another reboot. As annoying as it is, makes sense they have RDJ giant face in the promos to scream dude is finally in the MCU, SPIDEY WILL BE BLACK FOR IW and the like.
If you mean in universe, Tony is the mentor who never died and they live in the same area. If there wasn't at least one mention to him it would be another "why don't the defenders ask the avengers for help?" situation, except Spidey's canon.

Why not do how SS did batman. A small cameo but no IM has to also be trying to fuck Aunt May and be Iron Batman to Peter's SpiderRobin.

You know they can make this different:HAVE SPIDERMAN GROW THE FUCK UP.

That sounds like one really shitty Iron Man movie

Are they trying to Top Iron Man 3?

>Multiple threads about a genuinely good movie that fans like

vs

>5th thread bitching and moaning about a movie that has yet to come out about a character that has never made a decent movie so far

>But yeah guys. Its totally Iron Man 4.

Who has said that ever?

>only 6
>only

regardless:

>which bodes well for those hoping to see a lot of interaction between Tony and Peter

Let's compare.

1 Wonder Woman film

Vs.

The sixth Spider-Man film (Seventh if you include Civil War), multiple cartoons like Spectacular and Ultimate, and constantly being in the top charts of selling characters in comics.

GEE, it's almost like getting a new character on the big screen is exciting!

Wow only 6! You're right, I'm gonna pre order tickets for Spider-Man Homecoming right fucking now!

"Only" six? That's not a low number, especially since each of those can be anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes, and one could be the climactic end fights.

That's like two scenes per act.

I know, every movie makes him younger and acts like this is some revelation or is somehow closer to the comics.

The first movie had Spider-Man in high school for only the first act. Ditko's run is the ONLY mainline run where he's in high school and it was for less than 30 fucking issues!

It's another aspect of this obsession ever since the MCU became big of dragging everything out as long as possible and "setting up" shit over a dozen movies.

You have half a century of Spider-Man stories and we have yet to progress past the first decade of them except for the black suit.

>6 15 minute scenes
nice try shill

Its cute to see Marlel doing damage control for Iron Man 5.

Tony's involvement in Peter's life makes complete sense in the context of the already well established characters and settings of the MCU. We've been over this. People act like the entire MCU has bent over backwards to make these two get together. Like they actually thought fucking Spider-Man can't hold a movie on his own.

And Tony's involvement hasn't changed anything about Spider-Man's mythos either. Sure, he didn't design the suit, but judging by the looks of his old duds, that was probably just because the materials he would need would be too expensive and he didn't have the same talent for sewing that he had for engineering the webshooters.

And no, Tony is not supplanting Uncle Ben. He may be Peter's sponsor and self-proclaimed mentor, but that does not erase Ben's memory and the lesson that taught him.

I really don't get what people are excited for.

>Tony's involvement in Peter's life makes complete sense in the context of the already well established characters and settings of the MCU. We've been over this. People act like the entire MCU has bent over backwards to make these two get together.

They did! Somehow, Tony Stark off screen discovered Spider-Man's existence and went "Hey kid, want to join me in finding Captain America?" Like, there was no buildup or clues that Spider-Man was going to appear in the Civil War film outside the trailers and news reports leaking it. It literally was the MCU bending over backwards to get the two together!

>>Like they actually thought fucking Spider-Man can't hold a movie on his own.

That is exactly why they are marketing the shit out of Iron Man in this film!

you guys are a bunch of whiny faggots

On top of that, Tony can figure out Spider-Man's identity, but he doesn't get any of the Defenders or Agents of SHIELD?

Those aren't canon.

>trailer is all about iron man
>seems that the movie is safe as fuck
>even fucking Spiderman 3 will be better than this trash
>marveldrones will defend this because "muh marvel does justice to spiderman xD even if the movie is mediocre"
Its gonna be Ant man/IM2 tier. Forgettable as fuck.

>That is exactly why they are marketing the shit out of Iron Man in this film!

Not really. It's so people know that this Spider-Man is different, this Spider-Man can hang out with the Avengers, and isn't an Amazing Spider-Man sequel or another Sony reboot.

You summed it perfectly. I dont understand this stagnation of Peter in High School. Its so fucking boring.

I can't tell if this post is satire.

You say the MCU hasn't forced Tony into Peter's world and yet you admit that they reduced Peter's talents in order to have Tony design his suit. Peter never had any problem designing his web shooters and costume in the comics or even the previous movies, but suddenly now it makes more sense for Tony to do it for him and give him a stupid Iron Man targeting system?

They were the ones who designed his suit in a way that looks like the same generic MCU body armor with a bunch of tech built into it. If they didn't do that they wouldn't have to explain that Tony did it for him.

They could do that without making Iron Man essential to the plot and Spider-Man's backstory. Notice how in the original comics they had cameos from the rest of the Marvel U without having to shoehorn them into the plot. Thor shows up, but they don't make him now give Peter some magic boots or anything.

>aunt may used to date Jarvis
>Jarvis is now an AI and also Vision
>therefore Jarvis's creator becomes aunt May's new husbando

They are. It's just extremely hard to sync up movie schedules and TV show schedules because they have vastly different agendas and movies are planned years and years in advance.

>never made a decent movie
sure thing buddy

Tony lives (figuratively) right next door to Peter, in New York, and does pay close attention to whatever super-powered individuals happen to pop-up, whether they're good or evil, and he was really impressed when he saw what Spider-Man was capable of, super strength, webs, crawling up walls, all the good stuff, so he figured he could make a good ally.

As for him discovering Peter's secret identity, you seem to forget that Tony built fucking Ultron. He's a smart guy with access to a whole shitload of information. Put it together.

And when he found out who Peter was, he probably saw a lot of himself in that. A bright, inventive young kid who wants to make the world a better place. And consider that Tony's gotta be in his mid-50s by this point, yet he's unmarried and has no kids. Tony sees Peter as his son by proxy, and Peter's just happy to hang out with him.

Or Feige and Ike hate each other.

That's still more than Joker in Suicide Sqwa

>you admit that they reduced Peter's talents in order to have Tony design his suit
Realistically, he couldn't have designed that well tailored and fitting on his own. It's not that he didn't have the talent, it's because he didn't have the resources. Tony's rich. He can get what Peter needs.

bull fucking shit. i can understand him finding out about Spiderman but not confronting him as Peter.
He literally said a few grainy youtube videos. thats like conan levels of deduction.
Tony's smartness is a fucking plot device at this point because we are never given reason.

>capeshit
>good movies
No.

That's 6 too many.

Why are you tripfagging?
What's the point of it?

Why aren't you filtering tripfags?

I want that scum gone.

>They could do that without making Iron Man essential to the plot and Spider-Man's backstory.
It's the Iron Man Cinematic Universe, user. It'd be awkward if they were'nt.

Real talk? What was it that made RDJ go back on his words of ever appearing again only in Avengers 3?

Like, remember when that was a thing, James Gunn even planned to have RDJ in GoTG.

Did he suddenly realize he likes easy money?

Why is he specifically throwing himself in places where Tom Holland is, is he secretly a molester?

Makes sense with what they are trying to build and with a screentime confirmation it would be enough. Complaints like these mean shit once the movie comes out. .I remember in ancient times when one of the fist Baleman pics came out and people shit on it claiming he'd only put on the mask around the final act, or just recent comments about gadot not pulling a decent WW because better play skeletor and bitching about the email or slowmo.

He made the webshooters and probably ditch the high tech suit anyway or just hack it. Lesson of the day will be the hero's inside you bullshit just like Cap and Tony. I wanted the kid to be inspired by Cap but damn guess all the nerds would be cocksucking ironman .

What drives all actors in capeshit: money.
None of them care about superhero movies, they only see them as a big, fat check, which is what they've always been.

>James Gunn even planned to have RDJ in GoTG.
No he didn't! In fact, he specifically wanted Starlord to be the only human in that series!

We live in the same world where Sup Forums is able to locate a single flag all over the world just by tracing lines in the sky. It's not that unbelievable.

>The only human
>In a movie where aliens are just humans with their skins painted in different colors

>what is every space opera ever

team up hiding in solo superhero movies?

and RDJ will still get paid 40 million

That's less scenes that Spidey had last year in what was supposedly a Captain America movie.

But it's okay for Spidey to have a ton of screen-time in Captain America: Civil War.

You can't really have Cap mentoring multiple heroes.

Not true, actually.

>only 6
lol

That was an introduction to the character and it was to show he's in the MCU

This film is fucking screaming "LOOK GUYZ ITS THE AVANEGERS" Iron man's dominating the trailers, the villain of the movie is "let's use all the left overs from the avengers to get rich"

I wanted this movie to be good, but it's going to be worse than the last one. Hopefully they'll stop making spider man movies for a while until someone genuinely passionate about the character wants a crack at the thwhip, but it's never going to happen

Complete truth actually.