Been reading Barry Allen's Flash since New 52 up until its' current run

Been reading Barry Allen's Flash since New 52 up until its' current run.

From what I've read and seen from this board is that Wally's Flash stories are way superior than Barry's.

Which volume of Wally stories should I start with?

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Flash-1987/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Volume 2 is the only one Wally stars in. You can start at the Mark Waid run which is around issue 60 of the volume, but th Mike Baron run is important if you want to appreciate Wally's development later on.

What about Grant Morrison's run?

That comes after Waid's initial run. Around 120, can't remember.

Just do waid

Barry Allen > Wally West

I-I'm sorry.

your are not wrong

*you
fucking dammit

Start with The Flash Vol 2 #1 and work your way through there.

So, so wrong.

Who do I believe?

Waid's run starts at Flash v2 #62, and you'll want to go all the way through Johns' run which ends at #225.

Alternately, you can start at Flash v2 #1. The first few Mike Baron issues are a little rough, but you may like William Messner-Loebs' run which begins within 8-10 issues or so.

Don't listen to this falseflag thread, wallyfags are just eternally butthurt they've been replaced.

>Since new42
Not that you're wrong but you have no idea what you are talking about nonetheless

Every goddamn Flash thread, there's this shit. End yourself.

Yeah, Wally West is the best to start with.
You picked a good time to ask this question because Mark Waid's Wally run, which everyone's reccing, is being collected in trade format now. The first two volumes are out right now. They're great comics.

V2 #1-225 for the proper Wally experience

V2 #62-225 for the good but abridged experience

>People responding to this bait

Here you go

Just read everything

readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Flash-1987/

I am mad that The Flash has been meh for the last 10 years and that they dropped the best aspect of The Flash series which is that new Speedsters replace old ones.

This is bad because it doesn't include crossover issues for stuff like Chain Lightning, and since it's not purely consecutive leaving out #19, which is possibly the best Wally Flash issue of all time, is unforgivable.

He is right, mong.

>Defending your own shitposting

The fact that Barry's character has been completely reworked from the ground up multiple times proves otherwise. Of course you don't even read comics and just like shitposting.

Barry is incredibly bland.

I like all the Flashes even new Wally. and you can't change my mind Sup Forums

>liking John Fox

kys

Batman is very different from how he was in silver age too.

characters change with the times brah.

Most people who like Batman are plebs though.
People who aren't know which specific Batman they like.

Exactly. It was kind of cool for every generation to have their own Flash, and it keeps the character from growing stagnant because you're putting different people characters in the role.

Had they not dropped the ball with him, Bart could have been a great successor to Wally, and he could have the equivalent of a solo Exiles book, which would be neat, and tap more into the Speedforce's science fiction elements, rather than the mcguffin its become.

>Sup Forums has daily Carol threads with little shitposting
>Sup Forums can't have a single thread where someone mentions Wally without Shitposters and "trolls" coming in

most people who read comics are plebs

This.
OP, you'd be doing yourself a favor to just read The Flash Vol 2 from start to #225. It's one of the few series I've seen with different writers having runs where 90-95% of it is very good.

That is actually one of the best ideas possible for the franchise. Instead of redoing Wally stories with Barry, or yet-another-Reverse-Flash-story (though I really like Thawne), doing something with the dimensional travel potential of the Speed Force would be amazing to see. With a writer good at that sort of thing, of course.

I'm still mad that they've taken Wally's friendship with Pied Piper and given it to Barry instead

Didn't Chain Lightning only have the 1 crossover issue with Impulse? You aren't wrong otherwise.

This is what DC ruined.

But isn't that Thawne, not Barry.

Ignore this and just read the entire comic. The start meanders a bit but it's still IMO pretty good and the list skips quite a few single issues that were good

>Been reading Barry Allen's Flash since New 52 up until its' current run

Does that mean you're reading Rebirth then? Kind of wanna check it out but I also kind of hate the the art.

In the Flash TV show's opening, Barry says
>My mother was killed by something impossible
>Then an accident made me the impossible

What if Barry became the same "impossible" that killed his mother? What if... all along... Barry Allen was Eobard Thawne?

Please don't.

Messner-Loebs actually it's a pretty fun run. It's only like 35 issues.