youtube.com/watch?v=PFUDJzHaBOU
youtube.com/watch?v=CMQXbN1578M
youtube.com/watch?v=oUzcSBVm3xk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why was blackarachnia so hot

it's because you were a kid at the time

big robot titties

Good writing.

That's not how you write Beas- OHWAITYOUREACTUALLYRIGHTNVMTHEN.

The consistent story-line and actual consequences in the show.

Characters died, and unlike most kid shows where they came back when bots died in beast wars they stayed dead. (except for dinobot, but he was cloned, and Optimus, but he did it so many times that the show itself called him on it.)

It also helped that the characters were awesome and entertaining, the voice work was good and still holds up even now, and everyone chewed the scenery like a pig in a trough, lookin' at you Megatron.

Because it was so isolated it made following the series bible incredibly easy. No need to introduce new characters each episode, or new plot elements just to drive one episode. It could have back and forth victories because of the perpetual stuckness of it.

I wish the show had a bigger budget, losing Airrazor, tigatron, terrorsaur and not getting many new characters was a bit of a loss. Rotating around a slightly fuller cast could have been interesting, but seeing characters have to go and getting stuck with one-dimensional villains was unfortunate.

Also it stems from a time in the 90's where everyone was making hit action/drama shows for kids. Batman, X-men, they treated young adults, like... well adults, and din't just try to fart in their face. The competition meant each show had to try. We got such gems as beast wars, Gargoyles, reboot and such. Nowadays, spastic bullshit reigns supreme.

>such gems as beast wars, Gargoyles, reboot and such. Nowadays, spastic bullshit reigns supreme.

For every Beast Wars or Batman there was a Cowboys of Moo Mesa or Extreme Dinosaurs

Always good and bad regardless of what the current trend is, same goes for now

She's based on a Asian stripper.

rattrap and dinobot were fun, always squabbling but actually be bros that respected each other.

too bad beast machines was shit.
who thought it was a good idea to have them run away for the entire first season and then have rhynox go bad?

Even then, those were of a different genre. Those were more a take on ninja turtles. Moo Mesa was before batman TAS success and it spawned the more serious young adult shows. Anything in the 90-94 is hitcing off of TMNT success. Cartoons took a while to produce greenlit. So it took a while for copy cats to come out. Some did manage to fly out the next year, some did not. We certainly saw different kinds of shows spill out in the 94-98 era of cartoons.

What young adult shows are there today? Rebels? Young Justice? Everything is very much tied to the biggest franchises.

Animated was as good as BW. Maybe even better

animals are cool
robots are cool
make them fight and its hella cool

Especially when some of them are animal FUSIONS

I don't know that I'd consider any show with action figures to be a young adult show

I see what you're saying, but they're all just kids action shows to me, some just happen to be better than others. I don't think think "young adult" was even a demographic anybody considered until like Toonami Midnight Run and Adult Swim started to come out, stuff like Gargoyles, Beast Wars, and Batman all aired at the same time slots as all the other kids shows and sold toys to that same demographic, young boys

No.

Yes

Rewatched as adult

Can confirm still the best

>I don't know that I'd consider any show with action figures to be a young adult show

Even game of thrones and walking dead have action figures. Its too easy these days to cash in.

Young adult existed in the 90's. The 13-25 crowd was pretty big on shows like Reboot, spider-man x-men. Its why they got to air at different hours. you're wrong about that. Airing weekly at 3:30 vs saturday morning is very different. Many got treated differenly once their success was proven. Got to advertise in gaming magazines, it was a different market share. The goal was always younger boys, but it was realized as an untapped market in 90's and still carries today.

no.. it wasn't

>>Yeeeessssssss
>>No!
>>But yeeesssss

Best series with the best versions of certain characters coming through.

It was good but one must consider that that was due to taken a few inspirations from BW such as the war being over and an Optimus that was just a captain rather than supreme commander.

Best Starscream

>Even game of thrones and walking dead have action figures. Its too easy these days to cash in.
That's these days though, literally everything has an action figure since "nerd chic" has blown up, these are days where comic con is not a convention for sweaty nerds but a multi media destination

And yes, I was wrong about the young adult demo not existing now that I think about it, but I still don't consider any of those shows to be part of it....they were put out as kids shows but some just happened to have more merit than others. To me the "young adult" shows of the day would have been things like Daria, Beavis and Butthead, Aeon Flux, etc etc, certainly not any of the toyetic shows of the day or capeshit aside from maybe HBO's Spawn

Then again maybe we have different ideas on what constitutes as "young adult", to me it would be 16 at the earliest to 25 at the latest, certainly not 13

I remember a series where the gimmick was these Cybertron keys that would activate some special thing when it was inserted. Man that was fucking cool, especially when one of the transformers became a lion, and his key made claws shoot out.

This. Animated is pure Transformers Kino

"When we get outta here, I'll take you to a place where the fembots walk around without their chestplates on."

God that show was amazing.

>that hub logo
I miss it

Was there EVER any Mainframe female characters not based on a Canadian stripper?

kid AndrAIa?

Even still 16-25 is an age commonly seen to have a bit of a disposable income. It's why we got more and more video game tie-ins which weren't yet marketed to kids under 8 at that time. You're not wrong on those MTV shows being young adult, but they're mostly comedy shows.

You have to remember Im saying it changed DURING this time. There is a difference between ReBoots first season and last. Or Justice League coming in the wake of Batman and Superman shows.

They're "young" adult, still not "adult" shows though. Beavis & Butthead delved away from that with "mature" notices.

It was a competitive window in time that was all but destroyed by anime. Why make a new show when you could just dub gundam, or dragon bll z?

You're only half right.

Airrazor doesn't seem to be particularly sexualized.

this is the best starscream prove me wrong

He was, if you ask me, certainly the most successful one in cartoon form.

But I really like Prime's design more.

Only black arachnia on beast machines was too. Strikka and Bontanica seem more toned down.

God lord are all the Reboot ladies very hookerish looking season 3 on. Dot, Mouse, AndrAIa, hexadecimal. like....geezz.....

See I don't even consider Justice League a young adult show even if it appealed to some adults, to me it was a kids action show, and you bring up DBZ which I view the same way....kids action show in my personal opinion, it ended up seeming more mature to adolescents though in the West because Japan is more lenient towards whats acceptable in a show put out for kids, but still put out for kids nonetheless.

I'll put it this way, I don't think any show that was truly "young adult" in terms of it's primary demographic could ever have Happy Meal toys or have merch at TRU

That being said, action shows have sort of faded out in popularity since around the 09/2010 era but that's because they dominated during the 90s and 00s, trends just change, same reason hair metal died and grunge died and nu metal died and etc etc, cartoons are no different, whats popular will eventually become stale and a new thing will take over, but action shows certainly still exist that took themselves seriously on some level and would have fit right in with the 90s crop they just took a backseat to other shows, we've had Transformers Prime, G.I Joe Renegades, Beware The Batman, Tron Legacy, and hell even the recent TMNT was mature compared to the original show despite it's cutesy design, and Transformers Animated as well wasn't exactly purely aimed super young kids like say Rescue Bots....in short, action cartoons never went anywhere really, they're just not that popular now, maybe because other types of shows have proven to have merit which weren't previously expected to, much like in the 90s certain action shows were proven to have merit and be different than most of their 80s predecessors which were largely seen as little more than toy commercials by the more critical of viewers

What shows do you consider "young adult"? Not to say I call the shows that have been put into question as young adult. They were simply children's shows that treated their audience with the same respect afforded a mature person.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ql-4Mp_jPU
Who's death hurt more?

Beavis and Butthead DID have merch at Toys R Us, so Im not really sure I get your argument. I think you just want to ignore what other people did or how things were seen.

If you dont consider batman, beast wars, gargoyles ect. young adult what programming of the same time period do you consider to be? If none, then you're basically saying that companies folded on the idea of selling things to people from age 14-25.

Good news.

You can relieve his death again and again soon.

Justice league was an hour long prime time show, the constantly dealt with themes above what a 7 year old should see, if that's not a tier up from kids show, idk wtf you're thinking.

>Beavis and Butthead DID have merch at Toys R Us
Yeah idk maybe not a great point, so ignore that part of my post and consider the rest of it.

My argument is that just because some kids shows have adult fanbases doesn't mean they aren't kids shows nonetheless. I don't consider somebody who is 14 years old to be "young adult", I consider them to be a kid. To me young adult would imply late teens and early 20s, and only the nerds of which age groups would still be watching super hero media and related things, aka people who still watch stuff perceived by their peers to be....you know, for kids, because it's put out for kids

>young adult what programming of the same time period do you consider to be?
Also answering I already said, stuff like Daria, Beavis and Butthead, Aeon Flux, stuff that was clearly put out to target older kids and young adults, not coincidentally having a following from specific pockets of them

>Justice league was an hour long prime time show, the constantly dealt with themes above what a 7 year old should see
Says who? Mind if I ask how old you are?

His raptor mode looks like a boat with limbs.

I keep having to ignore and correct you on a lot of things. I'll just have to agree to disagree? you're being pretty chill about it, but I just think youre drawing the lines in the sand in odd places. If anything ever had anything sexual in it, I can tell you that was for the young adult audience. Anyway, back to beast wars.

Fox generally made kids shows and WB was more open to the market of teenagers. Beast Wars was made for syndication, its a shame fox got it beast machines would have been way better on WB. Fox was so anal about every little punch. The heroes probably would have been allowed laser guns on WB. I wish hasbro would revisit beast wars. Marvel and DC house huge universes, why not branch out transformers more?

>If anything ever had anything sexual in it, I can tell you that was for the young adult audience.
I don't remember any of the shows we're talking about being sexual....and if they were it was in a tongue in cheek nature that was common in 90s kids shows, it was a different time, innuendo was common. Animaniacs had tons of sexual jokes.

>Marvel and DC house huge universes, why not branch out transformers more?
The issue there is that the story has been completed, Beast Wars was eventually made canon to G1, a direct continuation, and BM was a direct continuation of it and served as an ending. That being said it has been explored with the IDW Beast Wars comics which took place during the later part of Beast Wars and ended right before the events of Beast Machines and even made use of most of the characters who never got to appear in the show in major or minor roles, I don't know how much more they could really milk that particular continuity considering it already ended, without retconning BM of course which honestly I really wouldn't have an issue with.

Then there's also the Japanese BW shows, but those are complete ass.

Man, you're really a buzzkill.

The writers actually knew very little of Transformers so they did their own thing and it worked. They were surprised when people started shouting out things from the original that they never intended that way at all. For example they just wanted to blow up a moon and because they couldn't they put in a second. Only after a while did they realize this and started doing some lose research after pointers from the original Transformers.

I'm simply answering your question. You claim to want more Beast Wars media, I told you it exists.

The loyal, honorable warrior one exists.

That would be Transformers: Cybertron.

I will forever love the Unicron trilogy despite its faults for giving us (at least) two Unicron models and a Primus.

>We will never get a TF show with Beast Wars tier writing and TFP tier animation
Why live?

A shame he was stuck in a shitty show

You never know, Transformers shows have a short lifespan. I've been alive since G1 was still lingering on the airwaves and I've seen every one of the 10 shows since, you got that many years left in you?

>I don't think outside the box and don't know what sex is

Yea.... sounds fun autist, do you also explain to people why posting on Sup Forums is pointless?

Im saying hasbro can make more, and you're like "nope, done" cause, ya know, a new series is impossible with all the damn movies and shows they make all the time.

>we will never get a big crossover between all TF shows
Feels bad, man. I just want to see a multiversal team of Starscreams

>They lose to the universal team of Megatrons as destiny would have it

>multiversal team of Megatrons
>BW Megatron gets bullied for being technorganic

Is Beast Wars: Uprising any good? The comics have been meh to god awful lately (except for TAAO but that is unfortunately ending) and the current cartoon doesn't do much for me so I was thinking of checking out the prose side of things.

>Im saying hasbro can make more, and you're like "nope, done" cause, ya know, a new series is impossible with all the damn movies and shows they make all the time

A new Transformers series has existed ever since the franchise started, you casual faggot. The Beast Era is done, deal with it. It would make absolutely no sense to go back to it if you actually knew jack shit about what you were talking about.

Is that dude in the back left a shark? I don't remember there being a shark.

>The comics have been meh to god awful lately (except for TAAO but that is unfortunately ending)
I just want Power of the Primes to start already. Or hell it doesn't even have to be that. Just let Onyx Prime fuck shit up already.

It avoided the biggest problem with every other transformers series, the human characters.

>go back

See, this is the "can't think outside the box" attitude I was talking about. I know what Im talking about, but look at you. You're like...

>A new Transformers series has existed ever since the franchise started,

Like...this is your big point. You're seriously, a fucking retard

>hurr durr beast era is done, hasbro couldn't possibly do rebooted beast wars along side another show. One franchise, one show

DC has multiple shows and movies going, marvel. Star Trek, Star Wars, other sprawling franchises that have had overlap in their medium.

>It would make absolutely no sense to go back

Let me guess, you're one of those people that's happy when a movie adapts something from a comic, even if its dumb or doesn't fit the narrative cause "the comic did it" so the movie "did the comic justice" Right? Deviation and change is bad, right?

I always forget transformers fans attracts the most autistic people ever.

Alone Together was fun and Transmutate is hot

>Then there's also the Japanese BW shows, but those are complete ass.
Lies, BWII was a good time
youtube.com/watch?v=Jz2ae8uzhiQ

He was a manta ray desu

That's not Rescue Bots

It's great. Broken Windshields is a weak start and Intersectionality is too long for its own good, but everything else is fantastic.

>Animated was as good as BW. Maybe even better
This is objectively correct.
considering both were rather bad cartoon shows.

However
No show was better at being bad than the original.
youtube.com/watch?v=PFUDJzHaBOU

Soooo is the new Lost Light out? Is it any good?

>DC has multiple shows and movies going, marvel. Star Trek, Star Wars, other sprawling franchises that have had overlap in their medium.

So does Transformers? Multiple shows out on the air, 3 to be exact at the very moment at least in the US, and multiple comic universes

Beast Wars was a specific storyline that is part of the G1 timeline. Sure, COULD you recreate it? Yes, but why would you? Would you do it the same way? Then you would just be copying what has already been done, are you talking about just using more beast formers? They've been a thing since G1 and continue to exist in nearly every series

I'd really like to hear your brilliant synopsis for "going back to Beast Wars" because I really bet you've put absolutely zero thought into this

BW:U is pretty inconsistent with its quality but it's worth reading just for all of the insane, weird ideas they come up with.

Be warned though, you'll come out of it wanting several toys that do not and will never exist.

The Transformers: Prime version is definetly one of my favorites.
Watching him bitch and/or suffer is such a treat, even his clipshow episode is good.

Not to seem like CIS SCUM or whatever here, but I feel like TFP Screamer did a great job at visually capturing what the character always kinda was....

A bitchy gay guy

>It was good but one must consider that that was due to taken a few inspirations from BW

nigga that is the fucking definition of how to make a good sequel. You take what worked from the previous instalments, add a few new ideas and buff out the mangled shit that didn't work.

>try to stream beast wars after it was taken off netflix
>every site is 360p garbage
The show's visual quality isn't the best, so anything less than HD makes it look like I put blocky vaseline on my screen.

Anyone got an HD stream or do I need to go full torrent?

>Watching him bitch and/or suffer is such a treat

MMM, YOU BET

That makes sense. I mean, it's the only possible way the other megatrons could stand a chance.

>it's the only possible way the other megatrons could stand a chance
What is Barnie capable of?

> the way he moved
> those slutty stilettos
I think I get you. It's no wonder this Starscream has tons of gay fanart on Pixiv.
youtube.com/watch?v=CMQXbN1578M

Depends. Do you like Megatron-wank?

It's my least favorite kind of wank.

Rule Cybertron, for one.

You literally can't watch Beast Wars in HD, it was rendered for standard definition.

I heard Airrazor was dubbed as a male character in some countries

>Airazor's gender in the Hasbro line is due to Beast Wars story editors Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio's insistence. The original Airazor toy wasn't developed with a specific gender in mind, and Bob & Larry wanted a larger female presence in the show, and the Airazor toy seemed as good a choice as any. They requested the change early enough that the toy's packaging bio could have its pronouns changed to female.
>In the Japanese dub of Beast Wars, Airazor was made male.

>When the pair are attacked, they both express their love for one another in dialogue primarily unchanged from the English version. Their romantic attraction was a very spontaneous change in the Japanese version of the series and Japanese magazine editors, responding to letters from confused young fans, gently explained the situation. From the letters page of the Beast Wars Club magazine
>Question: "If Tigatron and Airazor are both boys, how come they were flirting when the Aliens abducted them?"
>Answer: "Even among humans there are boys who both love (like) each other. In the case of Tigatron and Airazor, they had been fighting together for a long time and as their emotions increased, their friendship turned to feelings of love. 'Transform', indeed!"

The animation was on a tight budget preventing the writers from adding too many characters, so they had to write the few that they had very well.

The writers also had a lot of creative freedom as well or something. There's a video on youtube that goes into some good detail on how the whole series was made, but I don't remember the name of it.

Because it's just prime

God, Prime Starscreams was a fucking pussy. Animated was a real robot:

youtube.com/watch?v=oUzcSBVm3xk

Even Animated's Starscream poked fun at his inherently effeminate nature

you can be a yaoiboy wearing heels and not be a pussy, surprisingly

>Starscream
>Not a pussy

>Universal Trilogy Starscream confuses all of the other Starscreams.

What exactly is Beast Wars: Uprising? Google just mentions its a comic series but it doesnt really mention how many there are or much detail at all. Where can one purchase said comics?