>What the fuck
>I heard a lot of praise for this run
>Owls and Death of the Family were okay, decent at best
>Zero Year was a retarded re-telling of Year One
>Next to no detective work through the whole thing
>The culmination of the Bloom/Superheavy arc is a Gundam-tier mech battle
>The Ironman-Batman meme is real

>I guess it was supposed to be some last hurrah for Snyder's run
>If I knew this was where the series was going I would've dropped it like a lead balloon

I'm assuming snyder tried everything what he wanted to do and put everything he thought cool

just like that fucking crysis 2 suits

Fucking highly overrated.

People that never read Batman before and got into comics because of the Nolan pictures love Snyder's run, i guess its ok if you've never read a decent Batman story arc before, Snyder basically wrote it for his kids.
I though his All Star Batman was an improvemnt desu.

I find Mini Mecha Gordon very entertaining.

But my favorite issue with him, is when he fights mutants and shot a guy in the dick, while hidding behind a shark.

I was never a big fan of batman, I'm still not to be honest, but I've really enjoyed King's run so far. Owls was pretty enjoyable, but that ending really shit the bed and after Death of The Family I decided to just drop Snyder bats altogether. The man is carried so heavily by the art that it's nearly painful.

Fuck you. I liked Zero Year and Gordon as Batman. But I'll give it to you, that Joker stuff was just sub par.

I thought robatcop was a cool concept, but it was just wasted potential. they didnt really do anything particularly interesting with it. and they focused too much on the whole "powers enterprises made the suit and it has a mobile command center" thing.

Excellent Riddler. Completely revitalised the character and showed how he can be a major threat.

Terrible Mr Freeze, missed the entire point of the character. Sacraficed Nora backstory for Freeze the world goals. Terrible

Exactly this. And just like Nolan, non-stop overbearing exposition spelling it all out.

I consider his run on All-Star Batman to be superior to his mainline Batman series, but I might be in the minority on this one.

Congrats OP, you passed the taste test

Zero Year was so lame in my opinion. Just felt really really lame and kinda pointless. The series was very mediocre imo
>mfw I borrowed this run from a friend instead of his Geoff Johns Green Lantern omnibus

King's run has been so fucking awesome

I wouldn't say 'awesome', Rooftops suffered from some Bendis-speak, and I AM BANE left a sour taste in people's mouths, but I think Brave and the Mold proved that King can write a damp good batman story when he wants to

batfags are hopeless. These comics were great

Agreed, really enjoying his approach. Much more than Snyder.

No, it's shit. It's a big fall from his earlier work.

All Star Batman is one of the worst comics out right now, how you like it over his New 52 run is beyond me, its full of memes and cringeworthy dialogue.

Once i read "bat knuckles" that was all i needed to see to drop it.

It's overrated, but alright. Not any different than shit like The long Halloween, which people overrate too.

>The culmination of the Bloom/Superheavy arc is a Gundam-tier mech battle

That story is the only comics I read so far from that run since the covers were so crazy.

It was differenthan expectations but I didn't mind it, it felt like a throwback to more sci-fi and wackier pre-80s comics.

By all accounts, the combination of DC You, Morrison killing Damian, and Forever Evil derailed Snyder's run.

Snyder didn't want to be stuck writing the arc where Damian came back to life nor did he want anything to do with Forever Evil. So we got stuck with a year long flashback arc retelling Batman's origin. To placate DC, Snyder agrees to co-plot the Batman weekly event that DC rushes out to salvage shit and even brings Spoiler back in a filler issue because the artist on Year Zero's second half falls behind schedule.

Then that ends and DC You gets announced and that fucks Snyder up because he's told point blank when Convergence ends, all DC Books have to have a new reader friendly jump on point. Which means NO to his big plans to bring Joker back, so that meant he had to rush that arc in the pages of Batman before Convergence hits.

As such, Gordon becoming Batman seemed like one huge fuck you to DC, which pissed them off so badly they basically caved when Snyder decided to do a "Very special issue" of Batman dealing with BLM and shit, because sales were taking and NO ONE wanted Gordon as Batman. Which in turn led to Rebirth and the plotline ending in rushed fashion to bring Bruce back.

Lead balloons go down intransitively, you have no say in the matter.

All-Star is the first time I've liked Snyder at all

it got lost after endgame

its amazing to see how much he improved between this shit and then All Star, its like a completely different writer

>Batman dealing with BLM and shit,
?

I liked it

Bloom is such great character design

and
this
All-Star is a genuinely good read

The razor batarang gun is retarded.

Its not as practical/effective at shooting people as an actual gun, but still not 'less-lethal' since you are firing razor sharp bat logos to embed in their bodies.

He should have just used a handgun.

Riddler shouldn't be "a threat", he should be a genius asshole anti-hero detective channeling his intellect and compulsions into a less criminal career.

Court of Owls was fantastic. However it went totally downhill after that. Zero Year was an unnecessary origin that felt more like a tie-in to Dar Knight Rises. The Joker shit was unbearable, due to Snyder trying to be as edgy as possible while jerking off to how awesome and scawy the Joker is. I didn't even read BatRabbit. The idea was so retarded I didn't want to waste my time on it. In a nutshell it didn't even feel like a Batman book. The fact that Snyder's run is frequently in Top 5 Batman runs lists makes me sad.

>By all accounts

Scott just stop

The only thing Snyder did worth a damn was The Court of Owls and giving Riddler a decent arc, and now the Court is already overplayed and the rest of Zero Year was shit. Moreover, the fuck was more concerned about topping himself/leaving his mark instead of good writing

Maybe because i dont take it seriously and its just a side story where wacky things happen.

This. All Star is one of the most painful things DC is putting out right now, even the art sucks, well at least JRJR does on this, have no fucking idea why anyone likes him drawing batman, its so fucking ugly to look at

Batman 44, a flashback issue with art by Jock. It tried to set up some of the Mr Bloom crap but also dealt with a cop shooting some black kid. Very preachy.