How famous is Bruce Wayne?

I always imagined him being at Trump levels before the The Apprentice. Household name and has a place in pop culture but the average normie wouldn't look twice if he was walking down the street outside Gotham.

Less than that. Definitely known in Gotham and Metropolis (lol, across the river), but "who the fuck is Bruce Wayne?" everywhere else.

Hasn't he been portrayed as Bill Gates level fame for decades?

I'm just going off my impression. He HAS been consistently described as "Gotham's Golden Son." Tell me, user, can you name the current "Chicago's Golden Son" off the top of your head?

>I always imagined him being at Trump levels before the The Apprentice.
Nope, because Bruce Wayne is genuinely rich. Bruce doesn't need to inflate his own alleged assets to make people think he is wealthy.

Frankly I think the opposite. Bruce Wayne should be big maybe in Gotham or as a general american billionaire but most billionaires are total unknown to the public at large.

The killing of his parents would make him a big deal for a few years, some documentaries, interviews.

Interest would be spiked every anniversary. Media focus in his "wild" twenties. By his thirties most of it would die down.

No. I get what you're saying. It's just the impression that I always got was that Bruce is equivalent to Bill Gates. Basically everyone knows his name and look, but few people really know or care about him outside of something something Waynetech/Microsoft. That's how I've always read it, but like you it's just an impression I get.

enough to be googleable which is why I nearly cave my head in with my palm every time dick and damians name is mentioned around others because it gives away batmans identity

Nobody know who the rich people are until a sex tape surfaces.

>Nobody know who the rich people are until a sex tape surfaces.
Also, being rich is not something you want to advertise. Only the recently-rich go nuts trying to show off. Being known as a rich person in public is an annoyance.

Look at the top 100 richest people on the planet. How many names do you know? Outside of Gotham and maybe some of the surrounding cities nobody knows who he is.

What would his social media accounts look like? Realistically I feel like he'd be as famous as Jeff Williams in Apple while Lucius would be more akin to Tim Cook.

You've never heard of most billionaires, even if we exclude the bullshitters and the ones who only temporarily qualify despite being ultra-rich.

Bill Gates was always very hands-on at his own company. He produced stuff, he was an engineer. As he became more of a boardroom guy that was less clear, but you always knew he'd started out in a cave with a box of scraps.

Wayne is either the kind of billionaire you'd only have heard of because he was up on charges, like Durst or Irsay, or the kind of gossip-rag trash you hear about all the time and give no attention to.

Actually thinking about it he's like John McAfee. You know the name, you just probably didn't realize it was of a living person.

Wouldn't Batman Inc have pushed him to post Apprentice Trump levels though?

Newfag to comics here. What the fuck does bruce wayne even do? Weapons contracts?

He's so not famous even Hal Jordan doesn't know who the hell he is.

idk, can you name at least 3 billionaires in your city? or even a millionaire

He's received like royalty in other countries. He owns one of the largest privately-owned corporations in the world, which has incredibly high levels of market-permeation. He had a tragic backstory, is notably handsome and flamboyant, and mysteriously disappeared for like a decade.

It only makes sense he'd be an uber-famous media darling.

maybe like kennedy son, the guy that die in that aeroplane

>Newfag to comics here. What the fuck does bruce wayne even do? Weapons contracts?
He inherited a giant corporation that he owns controlling shares of.

And Corporations tend to not have just a single source of income. For example, Sony has banking, insurance, and gaming, with their currently failing film business. The banking and insurance earn stable but unremarkable profits, the gaming earn a lot of money recently but their Sony Pictures lost half the money that Playstation had earned last year.

In South Korea, you have Samsung that makes smartphone screens, military vehicles including artillery, and almost everything else a Korean might need.

Everything. Wayne Ind is a generic cyberpunk supercorp only good.

>which is why I nearly cave my head in with my palm every time dick and damians name is mentioned around others because it gives away batmans identity

Wasn't that actually how Lex Luthor found out about Bruce Wayne's identity? When Forever Evil happened, Dick's identity was revealed, which led to Luthor deducing that Batman is Bruce.

Now that I think about it, would Luthor really be the only dude to deduce it? Surely the media would go into a frenzy over that and find out more, right?

Apparently not that famous.

Has Hal found yet or does he still not know?

He pretends. When everyone is talking about Bruce Wayne he goes along acting like he knows so he doesn't sound like an idiot.

depends on the writer personally I like the Douche Prince of Gotham but anywhere else he's one of those assholes billionaires whose infrequently relevant.

We do not speak of Batman Inc. Those were dark times.

Why? Batman, Inc was a brilliant idea full of wasted potential.

I guess it depends on how public it is that Nightwing was the first Robin

Wayne Enterprises is basically General Electric. They do everything.

if by dark you mean great outside of that Batgirl cyberspace issue

Isn't LexCorp bigger than Wayne Enterprises?

Also Bruce Wayne only really attends charity galas and other such 1% things so the media wouldn't get to focus on him too much. Also he probably sues the shit out of paparazzi who try and dig too deep to deter people from finding out he's Batman.

Wow, a non retarded answer...
This is pretty impressive.

To be fair the world was currently being overrun by Supervillains and the skies were dark. In that situation I personally wouldn't be following too deeply about the whole "Dick Grayson is Nightwing" jam, and instead would be trying to bunker down.

Sure after Forever Evil Nightwing was definitely outed, but it would be a relatively small story in the grand scheme of things. Luthor determines Bruce Wayne = Batman because of Batman's reaction to Dick's capture/"death" which wasn't broadcast worldwide.

No, especially since Wayne has literally taken over LexCorp.
Lex Corp biggest version was during the Byrne era, when both superman and Bruce were still fairly young, after that all his crimes had some kind of negative impact, after Lex goes for Bruce Wayne and the whole President thing Bruce Wayne is openly an enemy of Lex and ends up owning Lex Corp. . But there's a big difference, Bruce is aristocracy, while Lex is either new money or self-made.

Bruce loves the fame and the paparazzi literally help him maintain the irresponsible playboy act. He does attack some, seriously, you are not familiar with batman are you?

You're right I was being a bit dumb. Though he may sue them for trespassing if they come on the Wayne Manor grounds.

My bad. Though in current continuity I think LexCorp is bigger than Wayne Enterprises.