Why do people say this is the best Sonic cartoon when AoStH and Sonic Boom are much funnier and better shows with a...

Why do people say this is the best Sonic cartoon when AoStH and Sonic Boom are much funnier and better shows with a better Robotnik?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8CPq2ue3RAs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdRy3TulziY&t
youtube.com/watch?v=epkMnRq5Ie4&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Waifus and nostalgia boners.

Actually that could apply to most of Sup Forums's opinions on old shows.

They do not have better Robotniks. Take your memes and fuck off.

Aosth is a literal meme and spawned countless cringey youtube poop shit.

I can't get over how awful Sally's design is in this. No effort was made to make her look like a Sonic character.

That fucking chipmunk.

I will mourn the loss of Archie Sonic, but celebrate the fact that she's finally gone.

>Better Robotnik

>Why do people say this is the best Sonic cartoon when AoStH
Stopped taking seriously there.

I will admit Sonic Boom has some pretty tasty girls.

I am biased though, Sally was my first waifu

Sonic Underground is better because it has Knuckles.

if you didn't get up early to watch this and Reboot get off my internet

qt

because it has depth, you mongrel.
the slapstick and lazy writing of any other sonic cartoon could only entertain 3 year olds

>she calls Sonic the leader of the Freedom Fighters with a straight face
Always bugged the shit out of me. Did Sonic ever coordinate an attack or give a single order in 2 seasons? If anybody, Sally is the leader.

Only a 3 year old would think Satam had depth.

Explain this.

she says that to make him feel important when all he was, was a running trump card

Retarded ≠ funny.

>Awesome Foil by John William "Long John" Baldry (seriously look him up and listen to his music)
>Generic saturday morning cartoon badguy with gravel lodged in his throat

Get some taste boy.

>Jim Cummings is a bad VA

desu, robotnik has never had a bad VA.

He was Better as Pooh bear and the Narrator of the Bee movie

But aye he was a man with a thousand voices.

Because they gave the girls big tits. This goes way beyond just suggesting a feminine shape.

The problem was it never felt like Sonic really belonged in the SatAM world. He felt very forced into the story and his character was always at odds with the tone.

I recently re-watched this show out of curious nostalgia and discovered it had a whole second season I never knew about.

It's kind of shit, though, or at least I think so now. As a child I remember being somewhat intrigued by its relatively grim tone, although now I can see it's just dressing for a normal action cartoon. If it appealed to kids in that way I suppose it was doing its job.

It had one two part story about time travel that made no sense and I suspect was several re-writes badly smashed together. It couldn't even decide how time travel, a fantasy concept that gives the writer freedom, worked.

Why were two different shows with such different tones created at the same time with the same character design and voice actor for the lead?

>funnier
>"better" Robotnick
This show was a slow burn compared to today's shows. But you're off on the Robotnick, SATAM had an awesome Robotnick, he was savage, gritty, and predominantly non-comedic.

An early fap of mine. It's a wonder I didn't turn out a furry.

And that's what's wrong with Sonic SatAM or Archie's Comics. Sonic is just Sally's servant or lapdog that she sicks on Eggman. The concept is like the anti-thesis of what a hero should be. Kind of reminds me of how Saint Seiya, an old anime, sucks because the heroes are all just disposable lapdogs of a twat. They get their bones broken, bleed, or even die for her benefit so she stands unopposed in spreading her views.

SNOOPING

AS

>Sonic Boom is better
>Fanbase Jokes: The Show

I stopped reading there.

It's a matter of personal preference, whether you like lore shit or slapstick. It's kind of admirable that they were able to make a gritty cyberpunk show about a ruined future out of a franchise about a hedgehog and a fox fighting a fat egg shaped man who kidnaps woodland creatures and turns them into robots. I still prefer AoStH because it's closer to the spirit of the games. Robotnik is threatening, but comical and childish. The environments are colorful and zany. The character designs are endearingly wacky. You can tell that AoStH was designed as a show about Sonic the Hedgehog, and you can tell that SatAM was converted out of a different project and had the Sonic designs slapped onto it for brand recognition.

>cringey youtube poop
Nigger this shit is straight kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=8CPq2ue3RAs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdRy3TulziY&t
youtube.com/watch?v=epkMnRq5Ie4&t

>funnier
It's not meant to be a comedy. This is like saying Krypto the Super Dog is funnier and better than the Justice League

YTP's were literally just shitposting in video form!

When I was a kid that was struggling to find positive role models while my parents were in the middle of their own destruction, it was characters like Sonic and Spider-Man that helped me keep going. They kept positive and joked in dark times, and those around them looked up to them.

That's why it's better. It wasn't always wacky and silly, but Sonic approached each episode like he couldn't be stopped. Probably saved my life as a kid.

Combo broken

that wad supposed to be the bat sorcerer right?
I thought it was knuckles

TOMORROW I'LL

People can have different tastes and opinions than you. In some cases the majority of people may prefer something you don't. The horror.

He was their weapon of mass destruction, better keep him on a leash and that leash is tied to his ego.

TOUCH
MY
PINGAS

well we all love a good PINGAS joke, why dont we move on to the cutting of the MONITORS

It's a video form of a shitpost collage more like it.

Liking AOSTH more is literally Chris Chan tier autism, like enjoying the American Rabbit or preferring the fake Ghost Busters to The Real Ghost Busters

i hope SEGA realize too many self-aware joke can get old sometimes.

>SatAM Robotnik
>Better
I won't argue with someone who says SatAM was the best Sonic cartoon (even though I disagree), but that Robotnik fucking sucked. What makes Eggman/Robotnik such a great character is that he could be menacing, while also being entertaining. SatAM Robotnik was fucking boring. He had a cool design, but he was nowhere near as fun as other interpretations of the character.

>someone who says SatAM was the best Sonic cartoon
But they're completely wrong, though. It's second to Underground being the worst.

>not including Bump in the Night in your routine.

your childhood was literally shit.

muh dick...

If you think AOSTH was good, you're either stuck in the same state of mind you had when you were 6 years old, or you never played the games, which for all their bright colors and cartoonishness, NEVER were as goofy or straight up retarded as AOSTH

I remember being a kid getting hyped as fuck from the boss music, the rocking tunes, fighting enemies who were pretty threatening at that age like Mecha, transforming into Super Sonic, etc. Sonic is inherently for kids, but it is was as close to epic and badass as kids media got back then, AOSTH was just retarded

I bring this up because AOSTH fags always tend to use the argument "SONIC IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY" all the time when no, that was never the case, Sonic was the epitome of 90s edge as far as childrens media featuring cartoon animals could possibly go right from the source material

>ywn giggle after feeling her throat tickle your dick every time she baaahs when giving you head
lady goat from sonic boom is best

I liked the concept of SatAM, but it didn't quite reach potential for me. I do love Robotnik in it, though.

I said I didn't agree with it.

>first
How old are you

I think a better question is how young are you?

Because Sonic SatAM was the show for kids who wanted to be cool and edgy (a.k.a 90% of the Sonic fanbase) by watching the Sonic show where he went on epic adventures and had a furry princess girlfriend and fought a scary Robotnik and whatnot, instead of cartoony slapstick aimed at children. These are the kids who thought SatAM had "depth", that it was the coolest action show evur, and who thought Shadow the Edgehog was the best thing of the franchise.

It literally was not even supposed to be a Sonic cartoon, they just slapped it on for merchandising. Nothing about this show is remarkable in any way. It's the Double Dragon cartoon with a Sonic paint over it.
At least AoStH and Sonic Boom have occasionally funny gags as well as a god-tier Robotnik who actually feels like Robotnik and not a lazy generic evil overlord (although props to Jim Cummings for at least making him sound scary).

Funny since SatAM is absolutely nothing like Sonic. It's a dull show with hamfisted drama filled with fans who can't let go of the past. AoStH was more Sonic-like than it ever was.

faggot

neither shows were "sonic-like"

I didn't say SATAM was a perfect adaption or that it was close to the source material, I said AOSTH was even less so.

Sonic, going by the games, was a bright and colorful yet cool, badass, and epic adventure. SATAM got the adventure part of it right and the attempt to take itself seriously, but it was largely a total reimagining otherwise

AOSTH was just a poor mans Looney Tunes mixed with Care Bears on crack

A really good Sonic cartoon might lie somewhere in between, taking the general idea of SATAM but taking the colors of AOSTH. In either case, Sonic was never a Bugs Bunny character to me as a kid playing the games, he was a hero who saved the planet.

That one episode of AOSTH that Sally make a cameo appearance.

Dulcy gave me a dragon fetish.

>AOSTH was just a poor mans Looney Tunes mixed with Care Bears on crack
AOSTH wasnt even good enough to be a looney tunes rip off because it wasnt fucking funny at all
Robotnik was the only decent thing about that show but even that didnt change the fact that the entire show was shit
SatAM was mediocre at best and is only saved by Charlie Adler and Kath Soucie

you're a fucking faggot

her voice tho

To be fair Sonic, Tails, and Robotnik were literally the only Sonic characters at the time.

Sonic boom doesn't get enough love

plenty of people agree with you

Almost but not exactly, Sonic CD came out not to long after the series which brought in Amy and Metal Sonic, though considering the historical animosity between Sega of Japan and Sega of America, I wouldn't be surprised if they either didn't tell them about it (supposing the two were even properly finalized when development on the show started) or flat out forbid them from using them.
Sonic and Knuckles also came out during the show's lifetime, but it was at its tail end of it.

Please tell me there's pr0n of her.

Better writing.
Characters.
Setting.
Voice acting.
General design.

How the fuck wasn't it the best version?....

We should have a sleepover.

When will Sally Acorn be featured in a Sonic game, guise?

>Why do people say this is the best Sonic cartoon
Because furfags.

>Better writing.
>Characters.
>Setting.
>Voice acting.
>General design.
Explain yourself, because even if that's true, there's not really much competition.

Not saying much considering all the Sonic cartoons are garbage.

Either they're just horrible, or they have terrible writing, the new 3D one might be one of the best attempts and that is obviously shitty.

>SEGA
>A very Japanese company
>Holds a massive grudge again the American branch and will gladly fuck them over
>and after Archie's immense fuck up over something that should've been piss easy to dismiss
Yeah, no, Japan really, REALLY does not care about whatever the fuck America branch thought up for Sonic, the entire reason why the Americans made their own Sonic bible was because they did not receive anything from Sega. As far as SEGA is concerned, while they might own shit like the freedom fighters and Sally, they are illegitimate and once Archie dies, they're into the garbage can forever. Not to mention, Sally and the others are incredibly redundant now, Sonic has his own cast now, some say he has too much of a cast even, her rule as 'love interest' is kinda-sorta-but-not-really tied up with Amy, and in terms of female cast member who can fight, she gets badly trumped by Blaze, both of which are far more legitimate than Sally is in Sega's eyes.

The only good pieces of Sonic animation are the OVA and Nigt of the Werehog

Because:
1. Scary Robuttnik > Pingas bullshit
2. It's a fucking amazing action cartoon
3. Sally Acorn is one of the best female characters ever created and her and Sonic are the best TV couple ever.

SaTam is so way past cool that nothing can compete.

>SaTam is so way past cool that nothing can compete.
I really, really hope you're being sarcastic because anyone who unironically uses that stupid term is beyond hope.

Don't have a cow, dude!

I miss the 90s, but I sure as hell won't miss the god awful slang.

As if todays slang is any better
Dont forget YOLO because you're WOKE and SWOLL , fuccboiiii! Lemme fucc your boipussi!

I never defended modern slang.
Merely saying if there's one aspect I'll gladly remove from the 90s, its the slang.

>The people

Some do, some don't.

Mostly, SatAM has a nice fanbase of furry edgelords. Meanwhile, AoSTH's goofy, self-loving Robotnik was much closer to the games.

>memes
It's a genuinely good performance and an engaging, show-stealing character.

Whoa, when did it have those things?

>Meanwhile, AoSTH's goofy, self-loving Robotnik was much closer to the games.
What from the games ever gave you that impression that AOSTH gave you

I'll wait

Not him, but AoStH as a whole was the most like the games:

>Fast paced.
>Had the Chaos Emeralds.
>Had the special stage.
>Used robots based on the games. Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts.
>Robotnik being bombastic like most of his counterparts.
>Sonic and Tails having a brother-like friendship.
>Even though it was an insult, Robotnik was called Eggman once.

SatAM can barely even be called Sonic outside of having the titular character and Tails. (Julian was pretty much an original character, since he was nothing like all the Eggman portrayals, he barely acts and looks like Eggman.)

>much funnier
that is the reason.

People like the darker more serious one over the silly one. Unless you are a memelord. then you like AoStH.

>fighting enemies who were pretty threatening at that age like Mecha, transforming into Super Sonic
Mind your chronology, both came after AOSTH technically.

So much...

SatAM had better writing than AoStH, but AoStH made me laugh more.

Sonic Boom beats both of them though because it's genuinely hilarious and the continuity nods are great.

>SatAM
>darker
>more serious

Nigga, SatAM Robotnik was terrifying. I love Long John Baldry as much as the next guy, but AoStH Robotnik was just goofy af. Jim Cummings voice was downright terrifying as Robotnik.

You could be right, I haven't seen that stupid show since I was a little kid outside of idiotic clips here and there
It had aesthetics from the game, but the show itself was nothing like it....SATAM was closer to is in terms of how it played out, but had none of the aesthetics. Like I said, a good Sonic show probably lies in between the two.

Over two decades and you people still bicker about two shitty tv shows that SEGA wont' even admit under gunpoint, takes a special kind of crazy.

>but the show itself was nothing like it....SATAM was closer to is in terms of how it played out
HOW?