Is giving the storyboarders too much power a bad thing?

is giving the storyboarders too much power a bad thing?

>Can't draw
>Become storyboarder
What did they mean by this?

It seems to have pros and cons.

If you're going to run a show like that, though, you should at least establish a height chart as the one ironclad rule.

Time Warner doesn't like spending money on cartoons. Teen Titans Go proved that you can cut plenty of corners and still get a sizable audience.

Everything that airs on CN is one of following...
>Animated traditionally but suffers from very poor quality control and outsourcing (Steven Universe)
>Lazy noodle-puppet shit (Adventure Time, Rick & Morty)
>Animated well, but doesn't air on a regular schedule due to how tight they have to stretch the budget (Gumball, Venture Brothers)
>Horrendous garbage shot forth from Satan's loins (Nu-PPG)

Don't ever talk to me or my xon again.

idgaf about the proportions of characters as long as I can tell who they are.

Why does it matter so much to you?

What does it change about the plot?

>why do visuals matter in a visual medium

you're right user, everything should be stick figures and tails gets trolled art

>That perfect petite loli body on the left
>that midget dorito abortion on the right
Why must the gods punish me like this?

>everything should be tails gets trolled art

This wouldn't be a bad thing.

>LOL ANIMATION DOESN'T MATTER XDDDD GRAPHICS DON'T MATTER BRO
How did Sup Forums get so popular with children? Was it tumblr?

I blame homostuck or at least the overly simplistic parts of if

YES.

I honestly think lamars story boarding is the worst on the show.also Raven and paul are crap at it too! how is this aloud ?

Sugar really needs to take some control back here. I think she has some genuine talent, but she hires hacks and lets them run roughshod all over her creation. She should have taken one look at Peri-tot and said "Enough".

Has anyone on the show made a comment on these criticisms? There's been a lot of talk about the show's artsyle degrading and lots of the staff on the show have social media presences so I figure someone would have said something by now.

Adventure Time isn't flash/ puppet animation you dumbass
Don't try and sound like you know shit when you don't

when you're drawing stick figures, it's not hard to keep them uniform lol

I'd say what really needs to be done is have a clear reference sheet for height ratios. That way you can still have a variety of designs but everyone has to be uniform in proportion to each other.

Pearl and Lapis are stick figures and the crew fucks them up as well.

they're a lot more complicated than the average AT character though, just in terms of anatomy.
I'm not defending SU's artists though because they're still simple enough where these fuckups shouldn't be happening so often.

Yes. Ruined Adventure Time singlehandedly. It did generate artsy-fartsy stuff that never would've existed otherwise...but the show as a whole sucked because the episodes didn't hang together.

They might still fuck up the proportions, but any little bit helps, I guess. Anything that needs to be consistent should keep these lazy fucks a little more in line.

blame the msm
whenever they mention Sup Forums on the news this place gets flooded with normies

Pretty sure he's talking about the way that marionette limbs are all floppy and limbless, not the fact that the show is (or isn't) made with Flash puppets.

The animation of Adventure Time wasn't always lazy. I mean noodle arms were the norm in the 20's/30's, you can do silly cartoony stuff with them.

However AT got all dramatic and shit, so silly cartoony animation no longer looks right and instead the characters hardly move at all. It might as well be made with Flash puppets these days, even though it falls under that first category of "traditional animation with poor quality control".

Then we should ban any cartoons with shit artstyles except ones that look like voltron

This is type of stuff where you take the storyboarders into a room and just spank the hell out of them. Literally spank them. Grab a paddle, take them behind closed doors and paddle their asses until they get the message.

How do we get Sugar Mama to punish her unruly kids? Twitter spam?

This is what happens when you pretend amateurs are professionals.

Let's not sit here and pretend to like Steven Universe has complex character designs

Fire them and hire new ones.

Depends. Most artist suck at writing. Just look at Korra.

>Why do people care about the quality of the art and animation in this animated tv show

Holy fuck how hard is it to have a height chart? Let storyboarders have their freedom or whatever but at least make them stick to that.

Otherwise why even draw the characters. Why not hire new boarders every episode, give them descriptions of what the characters look like and have them make it up for every scene they do.

It's a fuckin cartoon, who cares about being on model. If Sup Forums had existed in the 40s you'd probably complain about Bugs Bunny's design being inconsistent.

No, the problems comes when the storyboarder doesn't have the talent and experience to pull it off.

anyone with too much power will get corrupted in time. The only difference is when.

stop height shaming plz

damn bubblegum look thicc

fuck off with your shitty b8 image

Does it bother you how accurate it is?

Ok. I never watched this but always hear people crying about the story boarders. What did they do?

really getting tired of these threads because every time the OP's clearly doing it to troll

No, it bothers me that you keep posting it because it's completely inaccurate with it's implication of anything bad on either side.

>s-s-shut up!: The post

Keep posting it? I haven't posted this image in...8 months maybe? I guess you're the only one that doesn't get it.

>Keep posting it? I haven't posted this image in...8 months maybe?
I didn't say "keep posting recently". It doesn;'t matter how often you post it. Posting it at all is dumb.

> I guess you're the only one that doesn't get it.
No, I get what it's trying to imply, but it's wrong for both Star Wars and TLOK

How is wrong?

Yes, because it becomes disjointed and inconsistent.
There has to be some guidelines to achieve a minimum threshold of consistency, then from there allow for some wiggle room so the individual storyboarder can express some personal flair but still hold true to the creators vision.
Sugar needs to shepherd her flock that has gone astray.

How is there no standard? What is the excuse here, that they allow the animators to be more 'creative' or something?

they don't draw the cartoon characters to rigid scale

She browses various boards, she's probably aware that her boarders suck, but she's got Genndy backing her up at CN so hopefully she'll just learn from her mistakes and reign her boarders in on her next project.

what happened to peridot
I thought she was as tall as lapis

Relevant pic

Princess Bubblegum towards the later seasons was constantly flipping from THICC to her usual noodles.

But I will agree that AT is better at letting Storyboarders have their distinct style while keeping steady with model sheets. Except Xayaphone. Fuck that guy and his big tooth Finn followed by shit stories.

So is any one gonna point out that all the tiny peridots are from Raven Molisee and she left the show at the end of last season?

Lightningbending becoming a little more common over the course of 70 years after the war is not a bad thing at all, it only makes sense that the technique, like metalbending, would enter the hands of more people.

And there's nothing wrong with the Star Wars image, not sure what exactly your complaining about there.

Having another combustion bender is not a bad thing, and I think TLOK did good by making P'li at least somewhat of a character compared to SSBM.

Jango is better than Boba(despite Lucas mostly including him for fanservice) so no issue there.

Both TLOK and the prequels have a cast of characters that are at least somewhat enjoyable(inb4 some shitty plinkett meme)

The Wan story was great, and people's complaints about midi-chlorians are dumb(I'm guessing your one of those types that think they're powerlevels or are The Force or something)

Meelo was funny most of the time, and Jar Jar is enjoyed by plenty of kids(and honestly while he is annoying I think the hatred is exaggerated)

And TLOK had Good Villains outside of Unalaq, who was basically Ozai 2.0 in terms of depth.

Not OP, but I disagree with almost every one of your points and you are therefore a faggot. However, I don't feel like typing up a rebuttal, so I'm also a faggot.

Is this some new loss shit?

That's what I assumed, but I quit trying to figure that shit out a long time ago

Why is this show so hideous?

>Sup Forumsmblr wil defend this.

Jesus, I like the show but that's pretty indefensible.

Not that user but you are wrong.

>Lightningbending becoming a little more common over the course of 70 years

A little? It's clearly implied to be a major power source for the city. How did it go from a secret of the royal family of the Fire Nation to a thing literal who's can do?

>The Wan story was great

You clearly have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

>And TLOK had Good Villains

No it didn't at best the villains have a decent set up with a terrible payoff.

This can't be real.

It is, they didn't give the animators any model sheets or height comparisons, and instead told them to refer to the storyboard when in doubt.

>A little? It's clearly implied to be a major power source for the city.
And it was said to make "decent money" in the context of needing 30,000 yuans, and we only saw a few other people doing it in the plant(or in general really).

It's hardly something super common

> How did it go from a secret of the royal family of the Fire Nation to a thing literal who's can do?
Well first of all it wasn't just limited to the royal family, high ranking military officers knew it as well.

Secondly, it's pretty simple. Zuko had them/Iroh teach others to lightningbend. Then it assimilated throughout other firebenders.

>You clearly have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
I certainly do know what I'm talking about.

>No it didn't at best the villains have a decent set up with a terrible payoff.
No worse than Ozai.

see

She wasnt the only one

This image will never not make me angry god dammit sugar

Is this real? Are they just Benjamin buttoning?

>I can't think of any actual response to the points he makes.... I know! I'll post some dumb image insulting him. That'll work!

Nah, I've just spent too much of my life debating the weaknesses of this show with people and I don't want to write another fucking novel worth of explanations just to disagree with a rando.

So then why did you even respond in the first place? Or why didn't you just say "I don't agree with what you're saying but let's just agree to disagree? Why did you even enter the argument if you were just gonna pull out like a wet noodle?

Because I have very strong opinions about this show, both positive and negative, and you are clearly wrong.

>And it was said to make "decent money"

The fact that it only pays decent money proves my point if it was a rare thing it would pay great money unless supply and demand isn't a thing in the avatar universe

>Well first of all it wasn't just limited to the royal family, high ranking military officers knew it as well.

This is even worse because in this case lightningbending would be treated as a matter of national security for the fire nation

>it's pretty simple. Zuko had them/Iroh teach others to lightningbend

If this is the case it is never addressed in the show and i can't think of one reason why they would want this incredibly dangerous technique out in the in the public

>No worse than Ozai
I never said otherwise any fan of ATLA will tell you he the worst villain

the fuck is wrong with Paul Villeco

Sugar likes to give her boarders nearly unlimited freedom, it seems.

Laziness

No, I just don't share your opinion.>The fact that it only pays decent money proves my point if it was a rare thing it would pay great money unless supply and demand isn't a thing in the avatar universe
The way Mako said it was more "it's pretty good money" not "meh it's better than nothing"

>This is even worse because in this case lightningbending would be treated as a matter of national security for the fire nation
Not really.

>If this is the case it is never addressed in the show
Of course not, they have better things to do than spoonfeed you on why a technique became more popular. that's not even the official explanation, it's just one of many possibilities.

>and i can't think of one reason why they would want this incredibly dangerous technique out in the in the public
it's only dangerous in the wrong hands, Like TLOK shows it can be used for good(electricity)

>I never said otherwise any fan of ATLA will tell you he the worst villain
Well it's pretty silly to complain about TLOK's main villains when ATLA's main villain was no different.

But where is my pipe?

Not if they're good

Jesus christ. The only moderate one is Amethyst.

>The way Mako said it was more "it's pretty good money" not "meh it's better than nothing"

That doesn't invalidate my point that the skill is so common that the people employed him can afford not to pay him a fortune

>Not really.

How would this not be a matter of national security? It's a secret only the royal family and a few high-ranking generals know about.

>that's not even the official explanation, it's just one of many possibilities.

So it's never addressed in the show how one of the biggest secrets in the avatar universe stop being a secret how is that not terrible writing?

>it's only dangerous in the wrong hands
how would they know whether or not it was in the wrong hands if they released the technique to the general public? Did they not care?

>when ATLA's main villain was no different.

Ozai was only the main villain for the last half of the third season before that at best he could be considered one of the main villains

Did she got beaten by Koichi or something?

>How would this not be a matter of national security? It's a secret only the royal family and a few high-ranking generals know about.
Because it's not really that big of a deal.

>So it's never addressed in the show how one of the biggest secrets in the avatar universe stop being a secret how is that not terrible writing?
Becuase "technique gets learned over the course of 70 years and becomes more know" isn't bad writing, it's just the natural course of how things work.

>how would they know whether or not it was in the wrong hands if they released the technique to the general public?
they wouldn't, they're not omniscent and bending already can be in the wrong hands anyways so I doubt much was done besides avoiding teaching it to shady people.

>Ozai was only the main villain for the last half of the third season before that at best he could be considered one of the main villains

he was the overarching villain of the show, we only got to see him more often in Season 3. That doesn't negate that he was the big bad main villain.

Damn right we would

>Because it's not really that big of a deal.

Are you a troll are you seriously this delusional they've kept it a secret for generations but now for no apparent reason decide to teach the public

>it's just the natural course of how things work.

No it's not military secrets don't get released to the public for no reason and you have yet to give me a reason why this should be an exception

>He was the overarching villain of the show

being the overarching villain in the main villain are two different things each season had a different main villain

>Are you a troll are you seriously this delusional they've kept it a secret for generations but now for no apparent reason decide to teach the public
It was only kept a secret because of corrupt regimes.

>No it's not military secrets don't get released to the public for no reason
haha it's not a military secret it's just a technique that's been kept a secret among the royal family and military by corrupt regimes.

> and you have yet to give me a reason why this should be an exception
noncorrupt regime decided to give knowledge.

>being the overarching villain in the main villain are two different things each season had a different main villain
nope.

>It has to be like this or it's wrong!!!
It seems to be doing just fine despite being wrong.
Pragmatically speaking, how is it wrong if the intended results are achieved?

you don't find it strange that characters constantly change height and proportions for no reason whatsoever?

He is a Latino.

I never would have realized that there was that much of a difference unless you just pointed it out now.

That's really bad.

>you don't find it strange that characters constantly change height and proportions for no reason whatsoever?
I can believe the gems can change height and proportions as they are a conscious manifestation of light. But the humans should stay consistent unless not-magic is involved or enough time passes that younger characters go through puberty.

On season 4 she´s a minor character that barely exist. Remember when she was a skilled sword-woman?