Civil War
Civil War 2
Chelsea Cain's Mockingbird
Hudlin's Black Panther
Riri Williams

/thread

Hahahaha

lol

That one issue of Archie Sonic where Penders implies that Evil Sonic seduced and/or date raped Bunnie.

Also, Penders being hired for Archie Sonic in the first place.

BURN

Ultimatum

based on the number of unique posters this faggot is samefagging and they did it more than once

quit samefagging

>Battle Scars Nick Fury retcon
>Bendis Iceman retcon
>Captain Hydra
>Original Sin Nick Fury retcon
>Carol Danvers is goes from hot chick to ugly dude
>spilling Ultimate characters into the MCU after JoeQ promised it would never happen
>Spider-Woman chooses to be a single mom
>making Jubilee a vampire
>Jubilee chooses to be a single mom
>changing Captain marvel's name to Shazam
>Damian Wayne existing
>Maximoffs retconned into not being Magneto's kids
>even more human Green Lanterns after Kyle
>vilification of Scott Summers
>ScEmma
>every hero vs hero event since Civil War

>Captain Hydra
This was fine until Secret Empire. Steve was in character until then.

The entire Guardians of the Galaxy turning into a joke.

Mullet Superman

Angela being Thor's sister.

you mean when Bendis started writing them?

How about Angela in Marvel at all?

Both are bad. Shoving Angela into Thor's mythos is worse, instead of letting her stand (and fail) on her own.

About 90% of Punisher.

no he wasn't, he was still a huge coward being saved from being a real bad guy by narrative contrivance

Almost everything in this post is correct. Overall the best post in the thread.

LOL. At least that was reversed. Too bad we had to lose Microchip though.

isn't this the one where that Lian Harper died kid?

yes (though as great as DnA were, they are responsible for turning Groot into a joke)

Yes. But Abnet brought her back to life in Convergence.

Rick Remender's damage to Havok and Angel

Literally every single case where a character's race or sexuality is changed.

do you mean an actual race or gender change as pictured in the OP or merely a new minority legacy character

>DC has a chance to adapt Kaldur'ahm from Young Justice
>make him kid with Static hair who lived on land all of his life
>has a second opportunity after the relaunch
>keep the prior origin and make him gay

The creation of Jessica Jones and subsequent ruination of Luke Cage because of it.

I mean an actual change. But some legacy characters would also be included if they are completely hamfisted and meant to be a replacement rather than legacy. For instance, I'd have a problem with Nick Fury Jr, but not Michael Holt Mister Terrific.

>an actual change
so something that rarely happens, if ever

I really don't understand why the SJWs aren't all over Psylocke for cultural appropriation and shit. But I guess that makes too much sense for them. Even Claremont regrets it.

Reboots and reality have changed have done it. For instance Etta Candy, Morgan Edge, General Eilling, Wally West (until they made it so there were two) etc. But it's much easier for them to do it with sexual orientation and religion.

lois lane was black once also

Twink Lobo.

oh boy

Black Punisher was really fun. The issues with Satan were worse.

>Thread about retarded bullshit that should have never happened.
>Almost everything is about Marvel
Why does Marvel fail so much?
Seriously fuck those guys. They can't do anything right anymore.

Most people don't even know Psylocke's story, since she's essentially just treated like she's always been asian and everyone avoids bringing it up

>and Archie never touched those kids again

Flash Rebirth.

Context of OP? Is that supposed to be Jigsaw?

It could have worked, if they had been audacious about it instead of almost apologetic.

Frank would NEVER dismiss a strategy that could work.

On the subject:

I will defend 'Civil War' until my dying day. It was poorly handled, but the concept was genius.

Missed opportunity to create the Saint of Killers a decade or so sooner.

...Yup.

>Captain Hydra

It's a poorly written event but the idea itself has merit.

Civil War was good.

Civil War 2 was stupid.

Oh, God...

....No. I can live with that. Even if it was done poorly. It's everything they've done with her since that shows these people couldn't buy a clue with all of Bill Gates' kitty.

No. That's Frank. Some facial surgery and melanin pills. I think it's hormones that stimulate melanin production? Anyway, Frank is made black for a few issues. ...Which is basically blackface. They can do that, because James Rhodes disguised himself as a white guy once. Twice, actually, but the second time was Tony Stark's idea.

>Civil War was good.

A good IDEA, handled poorly.

>>spilling Ultimate characters into the MCU after JoeQ promised it would never happen

?????

>It was poorly handled, but the concept was genius.

it really wasnt

Pretty self-explanatory, user.

Yes. Yes, it was.

It addressed the tenuous legal status of super-heroes in the Marvel universe and created a simple, but effective moral conflict: Register or not?

Now, it was handled clumsily, but it was a good idea.

That page? Cute. Kind of insulting to police officers and other servants of the law, though.

Thing is, the identity of the registered heroes was never meant to be made public. Only available to the duly appointed authorities, and then only when occasion made it necessary. Water-tight? Perhaps not.

Better than leaving it up to whoever, though.

A good concept on paper that falls on its face so hard doesn't deserve defending over "But it could have been great!"

See: WWE's Invasion Angle

That idea that heroes would need to put their real names on a list that would NEVER reach the bad guys is flawed in the MU or any super-heroic universe.

It doesnt matter if the page is insulting to people who do their jobs; superheroes arent doing their jobs, they follow their calling at great personal expense, in a world where police and military cant keep them safe because there is too much danger at every corner.

>Better than leaving it up to whoever.

This was never proven to be so or shown in any shape or form. If anything, how easily the skrulls infiltrated the initiative shows how weak a bureaucratized super hero police state really was.

the flaws was Civil War was frame on real world events rather than just inspired from. Also writers were not kept under check so you had narrative fuck ups where everyone made that prison 42 different, one writer it's low security that will release them if they agree to either sign or be depowered, another writer it's a Concentration Camp where capes are tortured and Tony is smiling over all of it. Then there was the god awful ending that was trying way to fucking hard.
hell that video game Ultimate Alliance 2 played a better narrative of who things should have gone

here's the flaw though, the Avengers from the 80s up till disassembled was a government sanctioned team that was support by the government that had a database that had thousands of registered heroes listed in that computer and they frown on vigilantes like DD and Spidey. Somehow they went full retarded and forgot that in Civil War, I about bang my head when Prodigy went full angry over registration because he joined and was part of the Avengers and registered his ID with them. What the fuck does he have to care about with this act?

>Avengers from the 80s up till disassembled was a government sanctioned team that was support by the government that had a database that had thousands of registered heroes listed in that computer and they frown on vigilantes like DD and Spidey.
funny enough that is always what kept the bigger heroes like Wolverine stayed out of it. Wolverine out right stated it reminded him to much of Alpha Flight and gave Hank a hard time joining the team, feeling he was being sold as a puppet to big government. Oh how the times have changed.

Here's the full storytime of it:

>muh allowed
>grrr I can't survive thinking people don't give a shit about my snowflake taste, you must make everything I dislike illegal OR ELSE

Clone Saga
Sins Past/Remembered
Spider Totem
The Other
OMD
All of Slott

>Civil War

This user gets it. The final nail in Marvel's coffin.

it literally destroyed the marvel universe

there has been no continuity since then and nothing has made any sense

Civil War was atrocious, but the new status quo it set up was good, all the way through Dark Reign.

Marvel didn't go to complete shit until AvX.

Why do people hate this moment? It was a good villain scene for Otto. And what should Tony have done? Refused to beg and let innocent people die to save his own pride?

>Damian Wayne existing
Only point I disagree with.

Weren't they originally retconned into being his kids in the first place?

Yeah, before that they thought that their dad was the Whizzer.

Yeah, but they only cut them away from Magneto cos they wanted to use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in the MCU.

>>Damian Wayne existing

Disagree.

I looked at each item in the list and weighed them carefully with the question "how did this improve the ongoing story?"

I agree, every one of these was a mistake. Civil War is the only mistake that I enjoyed but it didn't improve the ongoing story.

I thought it was a great run.

Bendis

The latest issue of Aquaman
Sue Dibny being raped
Jean Loring being a murderer
Gwen Stacy being killed
Gwen Stacy being cloned

It should never have come to this. That simple.

Tony being outsmarted by a brain-damaged Octavius? Fuck that shit.

It was Fraction being a shithead, nothing else.

Oh God. So... awful.

Hehehehe. What was that from?

octavius wasn't brain damaged
his body was damaged but his brain was still perfectly fine

in fact being a paraplegic gave him more time to brood and come up with vindictive plans

you're being a baby

those are some nice dick-sucking lips tony has there

ALL CARTOONS AND COMICS!

they caused Sup Forums to exist.

>saved from being a real bad guy
>issue with the Hydra reveal has him push a hero out of a plane which leads to said hero's eventual death
What?

fuck that, it was fun. It even had Elsa Bloodstone in it.

Not a high point for Frank, but he's had way worse.

And you are a disgrace. Ottavius WAS brain damaged, it was an issue in the story.

Yes, that was sort of Larocca's thing.

I think there is a school of people who won't accept that Frank lives in the Marvel universe.

>I think there is a school of people who won't accept that Frank lives in the Marvel universe.

And they are expertly serviced by all the Punisher series that do not take place in the MU.

But it's not enough for them. They can't stand that a version of plot-armored-gun-man coexists with Spidey and Galactus

There is also

Franken Castle
Heaven Punisher

Frank is the champion of stupidity

This and add Sins Past to it as well
It's still fucking canon