What went so right then somehow managed to get completely fuck up?

What went so right then somehow managed to get completely fuck up?

>What went so right
I don't remember that.

The same thing that happens to all comics eventually: it didn't fucking end.

Well what did go so right? I've never read this.

When Robot became a massive douche and the retarded as all hell time-skip.

Invincible cratered a bit after the Viltrumite War but I've been really enjoying it since Mark and Eve left Earth. The book seems like it's going to end on a high note, so I'm happy.

shitty timeskip for forced drama that only lasted like 2 issues.

Time would've been better spent spending those 4-5 issues on the reboot-fakeout on just actually trying to montage the 5 years.

The somewhat complex characters, the writers having the balls to kill off said characters, the protagonist makes a lot of mistakes despite his almost superman level of ability, and the peaceful solutions to conflicts that occasionally happen.

This. I hope Robot dies a horrible death

Ah, shots of Mark and Oliver patrolling the galaxy, Eve encountering weird aliens while grocery shopping, Terra punching Allen in the eye during a visit, and the boys arm-wrestling with their dad. So many goddamn missed opportunities.

Last arc is just fighting totally not Kryptonians again.

What is this from?

How has this not been posted yet? No doubt the hottest scene in the entire comic.

Yeah, pretty disappointing. They were great during the first bout but now it's boring as all hell.

shit I'm sure SOMETHING interesting must have happened in 5 goddamn years. World didn't stand still while Mark was having a trip in a cave.

Didn't Earth have an invasion that made Robot mellow out or something?

>What went right?

Appealing to a large denomination of people, mainly the shounen-loving crowd. If Kirkman knows how to do anything, it's entertain even the lowliest of retards.

The fact that most of the team can carve through them like paper mache just makes it even more of a disappointment.

The thing is that it just became less and less exciting. Like, sure it's a consistent universe, but nothing happens for the longest period of time. Mark at some point stopped doing much of anything, and mostly moped.

This last arc should be a lot more exciting, but all barring one of the villains can't even hurt Mark and his buddies (they really shouldn't have brought Eve along, though). Like, the Viltriumite-spawn are splattering all over them!

I wish they expanded more on the viltrumite's trying to integrate into human society and breed. Did they take harems? Did they pay prostitutes? What jobs did they get? Are they adapting well to human society?

This the entire comic took a nosedive post Robots brilliant plan of autistically killing anyone that gets in his way

While we're at it, I can't help but think that a lot of the big twists went out on wagon wheels. Angstrom getting back to earth would have, in a normal book, ended in a superhero fight. Here, Eve just talks him out of it.

That's arguably more realistic, but it's also really boring. It's like all the interesting shit is happening off-screen, like when Robot and Omni-man fuck up the Engineers Angstrom was working for.

Would've been nice to see them bond over a common threat.

Also, the other heroes? They're completely fucking useless. I mean, they're about as useful as a hole in the head.

They forgave him way too easily. Even if he made Earth a paradise the bastard still killed a fuck load of their friends.

They're literally killing themselves trying to hurt them

K so this is clearly rape, but do you guys think that Mark was just in shock, or that he kind of let it happen because he was, deep down, pissed at Eve? He points out later he could have punched her but he didn't. Just curious

Perfect for One Page/Out of Context Thread

I'm pretty sure he didn't want to have to murder a woman. He was in a bad place.

Even if he did it'd just turn her on more instead of hurt her.

Robot did nothing wrong and simply proves this to be true because all the other heroes really are completely useless.

God imagine how fuck up it felt for Mark they're not even hurting him

Minus best tiger most of the heroes spend a majority of their time getting their asses handed to them in the spin off books

He's going to beat the shit out of their father with the Viltrumites on Earth.

Why did he have to die? He was such a badass and if he killed that General Zod expy we wouldn't have to go through another fake kryptonian invasion.

>Mark at some point stopped doing much of anything, and mostly moped

One of the things I don't like is Mark having drastic life changes and then everything going back to normal shortly afterwards.

Like the time he was thrown into an alternate reality by a cosmic being and when he returned to his own reality, it timeskipped 5/6 years.

Soon Eve takes him back and their daughter acts like nothing happened.

You would think there would be some serious consequences but it feels like Mark's life keeps getting fucked with for no reason.

Looking back on it now, yeah, he doesn't really feel the effects of his actions like when Dinosaurus flooded the world and killed a million people because of Mark.

I liked how Mark got fucked literally by Anissa and had trouble getting intimate with Eve.

You have a poor memory.

That story thread took the least interesting turn possible. I was hoping it would be like Sabertooth finding Wolverine to beat the hell out of him every year on the latter's birthday, except it would have been every time Anissa was ovulating and the beating ended in sex.

Instead she found some old Earther and turned into a hausfrau? Part of my disappointment probably comes from my loathing for Eve.

That would've been interesting. If instead of the time-skip we got montages and snippets of Mark's time in space with her occasionally tracking him down to fuck him all over again.

Invincible Universe generally sucked but I'd read a spin-off a la Tom King's Vision on these years.

>Mark living in fear of getting raped again and again
>everytime he think he's safe he suddenly tears up as he feels her busty tits behind him

i need this

You think she'd get off at the sight of him crying?

Invincible is like watching Dragonball Z in slow motion. It was really cool early on but then unless you're a Vitrumite or some other Super Alien you're kind of useless outside of some token stuff because right now it's down to flat power levels, where literally thousands of people as strong as Mark used to be can't even touch him as he is now.

She'll probably slap around a bit to see if he still has some fight in him.

If he's still a sobbing mess then she'll just roll her eyes and rape him harder.

Hmm, what if he ends up forcing himself on her?

That is what she really wanted, for Mark to show some balls and jackhammer her like an alpha.

>What went so right then somehow managed to get completely fuck up?
Writers got full of themselves, thought they were making some devastatingly witty deconstruction of cape comics and didn't realize they were just doing generic capeshit.

Still, it's nice that Image has so much stuff.

It was always Savage Dragon-lite anyway.

But in the end he stayed loyal to an unloyal hoe, the fool.

Hey, Eve didn't abort their second kid, so it must be true love!

I liked how it didn't adhere to a status quo and just went with the flow..

As the universe grew and Mark drifted toward the center of it, the interpersonal elements and more understated moments became harder to take seriously. The simplicity early on helped ground the character-driven elements but now that he's super important fighter man FIGHTING THE INTERGALACTIC FUKKEN BAD GUYS it makes scenes centered around him and his wife talking about their family feel out of place and unworthy of priority

I still can't believe he blames himself for it. They could've had them break up then and there for that really fucked up shit but I guess the writers wanted to keep the ship endgame.

I mean, it's important to have a strong human core to such stories to keep things relatable, but he was such a fucking feckless goon about it.

What I'm saying is that despite how the circumstances shift constantly and astronomically the human core has tonally, at least, barely changed or reacted

That lip bite turns me on every time.

Seriously. Any sensible parent would tell Mark to get his shit together and make a choice because he's got a childish sense of morality and despite all fucking evidence to the contrary still believes he can be both a superhero and a family man.

Has he aged?

I mean. He started as a teenager. He's supposed to be older, but has barely grown at all emotionally.

He never grew a mustache. Maybe that's why.

you know what gets me?
the sheer earth rending force of her thrusting is probably making the ground quake for a good distance around them

we barely see super powered sex ever, could you just imagine as the rumbling around you is caused by your partner as she bucks and bucks, making a deeper dent in the earth each time?

She's raping him so she's probably using even more force than she usually would.

The rocks up in the air in some of the panels may be from her powerful thrusts.

you know what gets me?
Her giraffe neck in that silhouette

Good fucking God

Would you let her fuck you despite the fact that she might crush all the bones in your body in the blissful pleasure of coitus?

Wait, Best Tiger is dead? When and how?

I lost interest and stopped reading around the dinosaur arc, came back when they left the Earth.

It was shitty for awhile, Kirkman is terrible for dragging out series that should have ended already (see Walking Dead).

I would consider that a bonus.

They are literally the Z-fighters.

They aren't even allowed to have any credibility as heroes in THEIR OWN SPINOFF COMIC!

No, that just makes killing his friends LESS justified.
Because clearly they were never any threat to his plans and thus he killed them off just to be a team-killing power-mad faggot.

>then somehow managed to get completely fuck up?
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

The current storyline is great.

What was the point writing-wise of aborting their first kid if he was just going to write her getting pregnant basically right after?
Did Kirkman just flipflop on his decision like that massive hack that he is?

Mark & Eve are a pretty terrible couple anyway, she's the worst love interest he's ever had with only Mark's actual rapist being worse.

It even happens with manga now, look at how they've dragged the rotting corpse of DBZ out of its shallow grave. Now it suffers from all the flaws of both manga and western comics.

Her raping him was so incredibly pointless, like alot of the "big shock" moments that are thrown into the comic to grab attention and never get any real resolution, they just kind of fizzle into the background.

But at least I had fun with that scene instead of just some character's head exploding.