youtube.com/watch?v=2v_47XQHvqs&list=PL7sq1kx5RgKizIIFPSd2zued-sh7nawVS
youtube.com/watch?v=fB_Ybc4Z-Fs
youtube.com/watch?v=6YpiKU44VSY
youtube.com/watch?v=tGu31IenF-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>that Judy
oh my

youtube.com/watch?v=2v_47XQHvqs&list=PL7sq1kx5RgKizIIFPSd2zued-sh7nawVS

Every girl lusts after the Based Big Dog.

I don't understand anything now.

Man, I miss when Nick was good, or when there was a reason for me to watch TV

Is that the one where Judy has to save music from being wiped out by some bitch with sand in her vagina?

At least it had one decent scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=fB_Ybc4Z-Fs

No it's the one where they go to some space station mining facility that's filled with Ewoks that live inside the first scene from StarChaser

this was actually a pretty decent movie overall, nothing award winning, but also something I wouldn't mind watching with my little sister

Based Big Dog Working the Sluts

the premise of this movie was just so silly, then again Vince McMahon drops a ton of cash to WB to make these movies.

>when you make a film that's so bad not even animation historians remember it existed

the ''maybe love'' scene was better

I was going to upload it on Youtube because it's just not there at all right now.

This had that weird unsettling vibe you only get from animation that's been farmed out to Eastern Europe, a bit like those Gene Deitch Tom & Jerry shorts.

Hungaria is also famous for ruining a Don Bluth movie so bad he rage quit the project and demanded to be discredited as the director

Looking at concept art for this film is the most unsettling thing to me, because from watching this movie I literally get the feeling that all these characters were thought up on the spot and animated in 2 seconds

I...see.

This movie mainly gives me that VERY early morning feel when my local TV would show either old vintage WB cartoons (as far back as 2-strip Technicolor) and weird cartoons that weren't good enough for the usual schedule.

I remember the flintstones crossover

Isn't that the CD-i game?

Interestingly, pic related's VA did the voice for Elroy.

>we will never get the alternate audio track with Janet Waldo's dialogue

> people who still care about what's good
I thought we were extinct

looks like a villain from star vs

Hungary*
The country is called Hungary.

>Hungary
No, I just had breakfast.

>Hungaria is also famous for ruining a Don Bluth movie so bad he rage quit the project and demanded to be discredited as the director

Whats the name of the project?

Jesus Cristo this is sooooooo 80's!

It was also the final project to feature the original voices for George & Jane Jetson, as well as Mr. Spacely. In particular, both George and Mel both passed away during production.

I only remember of that movie all building are CGI

The Pebble and the Penguin, they couldn't finish the animation/story in time so MGM outsourced most of the finished work to Hungary, which went as far as re-shooting entire scenes often with re-done cels, but they fucked it up by not shooting the special effects as there are scenes that are outright missing them, as well as having very shitty quality overall as their scenes are filled with dust

youtube.com/watch?v=6YpiKU44VSY

It could be that Don Bluth fought to keep some of the original scenes in, but that was most likely before he and Gary Goldman quit the project entirely.

And that's because he's the best original design in the movie, except for maybe the Duke of Zill

youtube.com/watch?v=tGu31IenF-4

Too bad I can't understand French. And even if I did I wouldn't understand what the fuck is going on.

Don Bluth is a pathological buck-passer. It's always everybody else's fault the movie sucked and he never takes responsibility

>Thumbalina
>The Pebble and the Penguin
>A Troll in Central Park
>Rock a Doodle
>Bartok the Magnificent

You don't release a string of nonstop shit THAT bad and still be able to make the claim that it was somebody else's fault every single one of those movies was terrible.

I omitted Anastasia and Titan AE because those are considered "good" by mainstream audiences, but let's be real, they're both mediocre at absolute best.

I think he assumed the fault for most of those movies and tried to make it up with the next one, but the main reason why he fumbled in the 90's was because he was quite literally going head-to-head with Disney, who were releasing one movie per year while he rushed those ones out.

Don't forget that in the 90's all movie studios without any exception wanted to do the Disney formula, and Don Bluth was literally an ex-Disney which is why he got it so bad, personally he should've been making films with the Titan AE, Dragon's Lair and Space Ace vibe and call himself ''Disney for grown-ups/the cool kids'', his films already looked better than Disney's, it's a shame, really.

fake.

It's legit

no one was even aware this was a thing until Disney found out that people could watch films frame-by-frame on VHS/LaserDisc, and this is a 35mm scan of the original theatrical release

Honestly, Bluth's only good films were Secret of Nimh and the ones he did with Amblin (Land Before Time and An American Tail).

While Nimh is all him, I have a feeling that the folks at Amblin steered him in the right direction with Land Before Time and An American Tail. Because it was the next stuff he did, starting with All Dogs Go to Heaven, where he began spiraling downhill fast.

He's a good animator but not a good storyteller, at least when he doesn't have someone else guiding him (even Nimh was based on a book which gave him a guideline to work from).

>By the mid-1980s, nostalgia for the 60s was becoming popular and so Hanna-Barbara decided to revive The Jetsons and brought back its original voice cast of George O'Hanlon, Daws Butler, Mel Blanc, Penny Singleton, Jean Vander Pyl, and Janet Waldo.
>However, O'Hanlon suffered a stroke around this time and was left blind and suffering from limited mobility.
>He recorded dialog in a separate session from the other cast members by having all lines read to him and then recited one at a time.
>He died of a second stroke on February 11, 1989 while recording dialogue for Jetsons: The Movie.
>According to voice director Andrea Romano, O'Hanlon found it difficult to read and hear and in the end he died in the recording studio doing what he loved.
>The film was dedicated to him, along with Jetsons co-star Mel Blanc, who died later the same year.

I saw the Jetsons movie in theaters.

I really liked this as a kid and would rent it all the time.

I live in a time loop that starts from 1935 and ends in 2008, anything of interest within that period is collected and remembered by me. Felix the cat is one of those things.

Definately, but you can still see the slips in American Tail and Land Before Time, what with the pointless Mouse of Minsk subplot and the fact that Land Before Time is barely an hour long but still feels like a journey to sit through, and that's because George Lucas and Spielberg cut it down by some 12 minutes.

The Pebble and the Penguin is still his best movie from that period though (1990/pre-Fox animation studios).

With Rock-a-Doodle he didn't give a shit about the story and only wanted to please the drooling test audience subjects going as far as shoehorning a pointless narration that over explains the movie and Thumbelina was supposed to have been written by this girl but her script was so bad Don Bluth scrapped it and had to write everything in a week. Troll in Central Park is the only one I have no fucking clue about what happened, people say that movie is bad but you don't really know how bad it is until you watch it in full.

Something tells me that even some of the people who worked on it don't remember it.

Dong is Expanding, you don't need to speak French to understand that, my friend.

This reeks of Filmation

It's Ruby-Spears, a.k.a. the shittier Hanna-Barbera

I guess Bluth's situation is that he's from that pre-Eisner era of animation; the era before script-driven narratives became the standard for animated features. He was from the gag-driven era, where animated movies were just strings of humorous or visually stimulating sequences the artists or "gag men" thought would be fun to draw or watch.

That was fine up through the 70s (debatably), but once script-driven animation began demanding more complex stories, characters and dialogue, Bluth's gag-driven style just couldn't compete.

Fuckin All Dogs go to Heaven is full of that sort of thing. It has random, worthless, pointless moments like that shit with the sewer gator that have nothing to do with anything, but are there because he thought it would be fun to draw/watch. At a time when we were getting Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame and Toy Story, that sort of shit looked and felt archaic and sloppy.

Titan AE had a pretty tight narrative, like he was adhering to a script, and it's one of his more palatable films, even if it feels less "Bluth-like" than most of his catalog (which isn't entirely a bad thing).

It was Katzenberg's idea for Disney to stop with the whole ''story department'' development process (going from the ultimate bomb that was The Black Cauldron) and simply adapting things from a script, which paid off in the long run and was a much quicker and cheaper way to get movies done because if you had a good script you were good to go, it wouldn't be until the 2000's when other studios catched up on that and realized that a bunch of storyboards written by animators can't hold a story together, Quest for Camelot being the worst offender, and as much as people like Prince of Egypt, the story gets very wonky in places.

No other movie shows Don Bluth's lack of grasp in a story when he's just coming up with stuff for the animators to do than Rock-A-Doodle. I personally believe Thumbelina, The Pebble and the Penguin and Anastasia had a script as their single base, problem with Penguin is that either they scrapped some segments with the intention of reworking them but never got around to actually finishing the story which is why you have Rocko conveniently gush on Hubie and stick with him because the story calls for it.

>go to 9:00
>Drunk DK getting spooked by ghost girls
>Diddy asks them if they want to play with him, girls fuck off
>Narrator says "Gentle, yes...! But shitty" literally using Chiant for shitty

I thought that was a kid show

Ah, come on, Secret Collect! Let's go surfing inside the evil castle!

>The place: The Ruby-Spears boardroom
>The time: 1980 something
>A sharply dressed middle aged man opens the door into the boardroom with a briefcase in his left hand. He pushes up the thick-rimmed glasses on his face and begins to speak:
>"Alright gentlemen, let's hear your ideas for a new cartoon this-"
>*click click*
>The well dressed man's eyes focus on one man, Jerry, who is giving his full attention to something under the table.
>"-year. Jerry, what the hell are you doing?"
>Jerry's eyes snap to the man at the head of the table just for a second, but then they go back to whatever is in his hands.
>"Oh, sorry John. I'm uh- just...trying to figure this thing out."
>Jerry's hands come out from under the large wooden table that sits in the middle of the boardroom, in his right hand is a Rubik's Cube.
>"What is it?"
>"Well... it's kinda like a puzzle...thing. I bought it for my son a few days ago, he says every kid on the playground has one."
>"What exactly do you... do with it?"
>"Well, you try to get all the colors on the sides here together, and then you mix it up and do it again. My son couldn't figure it out so I figured i'd give it a shot."
>The boardroom sits in silence, watching as Jerry continues to play with the cube. After minutes pass, John speaks up:
>"So... your son says all the kids play with these things?"
>"Yeah."
>John takes his eyes off the cube and looks around at the other men in the room, all of them watching Jerry twist the colourful cube in all different directions.
>"Gentlemen... I think I have an idea for a new show..."

I remember watching the shit out of a home recording of this movie when I was 3 or 4.

I rewatched again recently and the animation was alright, kinda dated (obviously), and a meh plot. It's alright, but not great.

>not even animation historians remember it existed

Well, for one, animation historians like to pretend that Felix the Cat did not exist between those Disney-esque colored Felix episodes and Felix's Twisted Tales, all due to how it was essentially TTG of its time during that gap.

I still like to watch those from time to time.

Such good timing too.

>Hey guys, you know those Bush jokes we've been hearing for the past 6 years or so?
>let's make an animated series about jokes we are tired of hearing
>and when the president only has around a year and a half left in office

I didn't know The Nutshack had a spinoff!

Yeah, there were real dregs in the 90s of that lingering "gag-driven" mentality. Though those early pre-CG DreamWorks films don't suffer from it so much and feel fairly tight despite being less script-driven.

When it comes to the 90s cycle of Bluth stuff, his movies are best enjoyed in... pieces. Like pluck out a good piece of animation here, a good actor performance there (Tim Curry in Penguin was the best thing about it), but none of them can be added up into a good movie.

One of the reasons why I was wary about donating to his Dragon's Lair kickstarter. He's an old man now and this was probably his last chance to make a cartoon, and I want him to have that... But at the same time, I know how these things usually turn out with Bluth and I'm not so sure I want to help pay for it.

Didn't Cosmo's actor play the janitor in that show?

I still think Don Bluth is worth investing into because he's the only one that knows how to keep a strong studio together or he wouldn't have lasted 20 years competing directly against Disney, winning some of those fights and still manage to shovel films out while getting virtually no box-office profits.

He recognized that he needs a good script above anything else, and because now he's a bitter cynical old man he might be less naive about compromising his film for the studio. It's already a confirmed PG-13, for starters, which makes me wonder how people are going to react towards an animated film that's honest about its violent content (compare Titan AE's violence with Treasure Planet's ''wide angle of a surprised face falling down a pit'') without pulling any punches.

Speaking of Don Bluth, wasn't he originally going to be the one to direct Ice Age before his studio went under?

I also heard something that he was supposed to make a Hitchhiker's Guide movie that never came through.