How stupid is this?

How stupid is this?

what if the bracelets are like super magnets and sheit

how does she stop bullets to her ankles with her bracers?

She has super speed you fucking idiot.

you are fake news

She used her sheild for the Machine Guns.

By walking out of the way, duh.

--mmeee?

She crouch a little.

now the casting of gadot makes more sense

>you're mostly invulnerable right?
Wrong.

so

I'm just posting the two preceding pages. The girl is saying "mommy" in slow motion.

A well drawn moment

But still I have to say fuck you Rucka

Go draw more outrage covers Cho

Did you ever think of the possibility that I'm just a mad azzarello fag?

>I'm just a mad azzarello fag?
No point in being mad anymore...
I mean, Azz was the WW premier while Rucka wasn't. That gotta sting.

Rucka was invited, he just couldn't go. He did get credited in the movie, still, and so probably received a big chunk of dough. Poor Simone got invited but didn't get credited.

It's not like Azz did much with Diana being a speedster

That's not the point, I'm so upset about the retcons that whenever I see Rucka's Wonder Woman all I can think is
>fuck you Rucka

~reeeee

feminism

That's dumb.
Azz run was always gonna be retconned eventually.

I know right xD

that artist is really good

>VERY fast Amazon running at incredible hihg speed

In more ways than one.

They were all chest level at the lowest though, somehow not a single bullet managed to get even close to her legs

He wasn't aiming at the legs.

It's pretty difficult to hit someone in the legs, and if they came at her legs she just has to lean forward a bit.

/thread

That's it. I'm sick of all this "amazons shields are normal" bullshit that's going on Sup Forums right now. Amazon shields deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine shield in Themyscira for 2,400,000 Tetradrachm (that's about $200) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even defend against slabs of solid steel with it.

Amazon smiths spend years working on a single shield and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest shields known to mankind.

Amazonian shields are thrice as sharp as European shields and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a towershield can block, an amazonian shield can block better. I'm pretty sure an amazonian shield could easily block a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical move.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Themyscira? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Amazons and their shields of protection. Even in World War I, German soldiers targeted the mamazons without the shields first because they knew that they wouldnt be able to do it if they had a shield... their blocking power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Amazonian shields are simply the best shields that the world has ever seen, and thus, require a better power description to fit with my canon. Here is the stat block I propose for Amazonian shields:

(One-Handed Exotic Shield - Magic)
+can block anything
+makes criminals afraid
+indestructible
+blocks x-ray vision and other effects passively or at will of the wielder
+can be thrown
+good for bouncing
+protects wielder from all sort of attacks
+Counts as Masterwork

Now that seems a lot more representative of the defensive power of Amazonian shields in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Amazon shields need to do more blocking , see my new stat block.

hubba hubba
>you will never marry a cute artist that has a job and wil want to please you every way she can

I don't get why Azz fans get so pissed off at Rucka when the Finches had already destroyed what good Azz's run did.
Forgetting any sort of redemption arch for the amazons by just having them murder their brothers, having Hera drop all personal growth and just having her go back to being a vengeful and angry goddess, completely ignoring the reason why Zues wanted to be reborn anew in the first place and just having him return to the same old Zeus at the end, and plenty more... .
It doesn't surprise me Rucka retconned everything. After the Finches there really wasn't much worth saving.

We are mad on Finches as well, but between the two I'd say that Rucka's crime are far worse.

If she doesn't have super tough skin/body how does she survive her own feats of superhuman strength?

I guess if you want to be nitpicky, her skin has a lower resistance to pressure than Supe.

the same force applied to a lower surface lead to greater pressure. It' why a needle can penetrate something larger object can't when applied with the same force.

I guess she can deal with powerful strike if the area of impact is wide enough.

Donna. Troy.

How so? Rucka just did his own thing while the Finches ruined what Azz had created.

>That alien at the bottom
He knows where it's at.

Because Rucka basically got rid of everything from the last time he wrote the series to now. He went
>Not my Wondy

Beautiful
All she needs now is a katana

I've seen Taliban/ bad guys get hit in the legs and what not when running away.
When there's a flurry of bullets flying around, and you're far away, bullets tend to drop and even though the shooter was aiming for the chest/abdomen, the bullet fell and blew off the target's knee or ankle

>I don't get why Azz fans get so pissed off at Rucka

Because they are just as shitty human beings as Azz is and are dumb enough to be his fans

Why not use shot? But probably comic book writers don't even know how it works.

What's dumb though is that she shouldn't be able to get punched by Doomsday with that level of durability. I wish they would just make her bulletproof already, it gives me a headache trying to do the mental gymnastics to make it work

Supermen could just push their finger through her face

She's more durable than a normal human. But overall the answer is just "because it's comic books", the same reason Superman in the air still lifts things with his strength and not through propulsion.

If you need to, just say "lol its gods i aint gotta explain shit"

Couldnt have said it better myself. Plus the finches made it canon that arkham knight exists in the dcu

Comic book writers are some of the most misinformed people or most unknowing when it comes to how things actually work IRL. I was once friends with a guy who was part of a group of comic book writers and illustrators. Every now and then he'd introduce me to the people he worked with and how he worked his 'craft'. It became quickly apparent that the whole group was very good at implementing ideas and experiences that they themselves had went through, and nothing else. Even basic shit like "how does a gun work", "how do you conduct a science experiment" or "how long does it take for a government plan to actually happen" was easily researchable, and wouldn't hurt the story to get right; but they'd blow right by all of that. When I would try to give some input about some things (like how a car engine works) they'd just thank me and ignore everything I just said. But how hard it is to be a barista? That was detailed and robust in its description.
I figured that their purpose for comics wasn't for others, it was for themselves. Other people just had to get to like the writers.
This isn't the mind set of every comic book maker, but it seems to be a growing trend

The notion of stopping a bullet with such a small object as a bracelet is cool. When in comics she became much stronger as to not need it, they just kept it because it looks cool.
Seriously, that's just it. It doesn't require justification.

part of me thinks this is a copypasta, but how often does the topic of amazon shields come up to warrant one

She's never been canonically bulletproof.

Around 2006 some editors were trying to rekajigger Wonder Woman to be a bigger franchise, so they pushed for her to be more like Superman, including being much stronger than normal and invulnerable. Whether they did this because they just wanted her to be more powerful or just because they were dumb and didn't know she wasn't bulletproof is unknown.

In the New 52 she's pretty clearly depicted as not invulnerable but in some shit books like SM/WW writers kept making her that way.

But officially speaking, you'll never see her being invulnerable in her own book except in 1998 when some idiots were doing fill-ins for Luke's run, and any time she's shown bouncing bullets off herself it's the writers not doing their homework.

>she shouldn't be able to get punched by Doomsday with that level of durability.
A punch doesn't pierce you.

What is this story? I think I saw a storytime the other day of these Finches and Rucker-whatever writers but I don't know if they're worth checking out. Is tbks the Nee 52 run with Flesh and Bone and stuff or what? Did these guys write it?

he's just altered the ancient katana copypasta, lurk more

Rucka wrote ww before azzarello. Azzarello wrote vol 1-6 of n52 with the finches vomiting up vol 7-9. Rucka returned to ww with rebirth

>WW will never amazonian squeeze your cock with her VAGINA OF WRATH and hold you cock-hostage until you agree to become the amazonain sex slave for all her sisters

For the New 52 Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang did a 35 issue run on Wonder Woman that was really popular with non-fans but was controversial among fans for throwing out her backstory, mythos and supporting cast and making the Amazons into edgelords.

After that David Finch presumably in an act of nepotism got his wife a job writing the book while he drew it. Fans both new and old hated this run because it's genuinely an awful piece of shit. They did issues 36-52.

For Rebirth DC got famous Wonder Woman writer Greg Rucka to come back. He did Year One with Nicola Scott which had been in the works for a very long time and a story with Liam Sharp and Bilquis Everly that retconned Azzarello's Amazons as an illusion while the real Amazons still existed somewhere.

Someone's gotta make sure all the writers play by the same fucking rules, because shit like this keeps happening.

Injustice Super pills?

It probably boils down to they aren't getting paid to discribe things how they work, and more so tell a story and use everything as a tool/plotdevice even if it is a literal tool for that matter.
But if you got inside then your statement might be better from an agrumantative standpoint.

To be fair the whole point of Injustice is editorial doesn't give a shit about it and Taylor just does whatever he wants.

I almost called him out on it on Twitter when some idiots were congratulating him for that page.

I love when amazons are wary of men meaning humans not just males. As in i prefer when its them being superior as a species instead of any old human bitch washing up on themyscira and being accepted like that dcau blonde girl. That being said- i loved what azz did with the male amazons being introduced bc it was more that the amazon women just werent used to the idea of males being in their presence whatsoever and werent wary bc theyre male and males suck or anything like that. And plus they got over that fear. I thought it was very interesting and opened up a lot of potential stories for the future and then the finches fucking ditched it. Ill never forgive em

They literally just make her the Flash or Superman whenever shit like this comes out in a story, why even write a Wonder women story if you're just gonna make her like a Flash/Superman?

Isn't she just bulletproof anyway, nowadays? I thought the bracelets were for style points.

I hate the idea of Diana being bulletproof. The bracers are cool not just for the visual element, but because of the inherent implication that deflecting machine gun fire with your wrists requires quite a bit of skill. All bulletproofing does is make her more like Clark, which is a bad thing.

Yeah, she's a superhero, so being able to take absurd hits is just something we have to accept, but outright invulnerability is dumb.

This.
There was just so much potential for good stories from this plot. I wasn't a fan of the rapey/spiteful amazons but it did seem like Azz had some major character development planned out for them, or at least he laid down the foundation for them growing as a society and becoming better, more compassionate people.

But then the Finches showed up and fucked that right to hell.

No. Actually just a couple issues ago in her own book she was shot a few times by Dr. Poison's mercenary group.

Havent read ruckas stuff yet but ive heard some grapevine chitchat about a twin brother for diana? Is that to do with male amazons existing in general or is this a contained instance and rucka will never bring that into rebirth as canon?

But all that was already a thing. Perez had a character, Hellene, that went through an arc of being unable to accept humans, to finally giving them a chance, to being ironically killed when she jumps to conclusions about something and when humans jump to the conclusion she's a threat.

Her whole theme was learning to trust.

The reason you didn't see this in the Amazons in all the years since is because they already did that story, and it culminated in Jimenez making Themyscira into not only a global center of peace and unity but a galactic center, with people from all nations and planets meeting there for civil negotiations.

I meant specifically the male amazon story potential

It's actually a Johns thing he introduced in Darkseid War.

It was referenced again in DC Universe Rebirth but hasn't been brought up since.

However it doesn't contradict anything that Rucka's done yet, so it's still in play.

Ohoho gotcha. I purposefully havent looked it up bc i didnt want anything spoiled beside when it shows up in the comics

Rucka destroyed 3 of Diana's rouges so hes worse

Which 3?

The likely reason it hasn't been mentioned since then is that nobody really gives a shit about the idea. Not the least reason being that a plot about Diana bonding with a strange, wayward sibling is already available with Donna. And hell, it was even properly set up in the last Titans annual. So to hell with the whole secret brother thing, and let Donna actually be a part of the franchise she technically came from.

Mike Grundelwald was absolutely right, in that making up new shit is dumb if there's already something like it you can use.

I imagine he means Veronica Cale, Dr. Poison and Dr. Cyber. All of whom can be pretty easily salvaged by another writer.

>somehow not a single bullet managed to get even close to her legs
which is closest to the intended target (the black family)

Out of those I'd only say was Poison was bad

Cale's better this time around than in Rucka's last run
And Cyber is pretty cool

Circe was terrible though

>Circe was terrible though
What exactly is wrong with her? And don't say "tumblr hair". She seemed perfectly in character to me, and she's my favorite Wondie villain.

I disagree about Cale but I really liked her in the original run so we just have opposite views of her.

>Mike Grundelwald
I hope this was intentional, kek.

It's been so long I didn't even recognize it until the first line break.

>Circe was terrible though
I agree with this. Her new design is just bad.

Circe's new design is really boring. As terrible as SM/WW was that version of Circe was visually stunning. Or go back to the purple hair.

Cale had an actual reason to hate Diana this time around other than "I had to work hard to gain my power and she was gifted by the divine", and a motivation beyond destroying Wonder Woman's reputation for lulz

>MEEEEMEEEEE

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!

I always thought of old Cale as Wondy's Lex Luthor.

That was actually the "mission statement" for creating her.

I wouldn't call her original motivation especially good but it felt like it fit with the Luthor theme of just really hating this one person's guts and everything they represent.

The whole thing with the daughter would have been a good story to tell to CONTINUE that Cale's development, but as a replacement for her motivation, it didn't work for me.

> I don't read comics but here's my hot opinion
fuck off back to Sup Forums, don't you have summer reading to do

I'll raise.

Just hand this to every goon.

it's the same superpower as captain america

>it gives me a headache trying to do the mental gymnastics to make it work
just do like I did. Admit that cape comics are stupid and stop reading them.
it's all a matter of pressure to surface area.
A bullet has less power than for instnance a baseball, but it's concentrated on a lower area so it does more damage.But if you're hit by something the size of a baseball with the same energy per square meter as a bullet you'd get devastated.
If she's not bulletproof she should get reduced to paste by the punches of superstrong people.

Why the fuck Wonder Woman is vulnerable to bullets if he can trade punches with Superman-tier beings?

>If she's not bulletproof she should get reduced to paste by the punches of superstrong people.
Only if she is taken between the hammer and the anvil.

There is different way of being strong. The skin can tear upon the pressure of a bullet, but she has enough of a strong constitution to just fly away in a single bit when she his punched with a big enough area.

Well, her powers ARE lliterally magic, they were bestowed to her by the gods. Her super strength doesn't make any sense logically, he just can lift heavy stuff and fight superpowerful beings because MAGIC. They forgot the impervious skin part.

>Circe's new design is really boring.
I don't like how "safe" it is. I mean it's like Rucka wanted to modernize her look and went with all the obvious styles, from clothing to hair. It really is boring to look at.

Rucka didn't design it, Bilquis Evely did.