Only reason why anyone was watching Smallville for as long as they did

Only reason why anyone was watching Smallville for as long as they did.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tlm4sEAu0Rc
youtube.com/watch?v=3Xq0T3N0Lr8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not Erica Durance.

yeah, yeah, as if you didn't jerk off to the kristin kreuk pool striptease

Waifu selection was top notch in the show.
Lionel and Lex were also great.
It's a shame it didn't quite live up to what it could have been.

I watched every single fucking episode, waiting for them to say "Superboy"

What an awful show

I've been thinking about rewatching this show lately after dropping the current DCW shows. But I'm pretty sure I'm better off having fond memories of it than actually revisiting it.

It's way better than the current DCW shows

Best Oracle

>enjoyment of show based on fanservice rather than quality
FUKKEN MOUSKETEERS GET OUT OF MY THREADS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

>Fanservice

Nigger, what's wrong with wanting Superboy in a Superboy show?

>enjoyment of show based on fanservice rather than quality

That's all that the Flash and Arrow had going for them in their first seasons. It was honestly sad and pathetic in Flash Season 1 talkback threads.

And Smallville was low-quality.

>And Smallville was low-quality

>Lex
>Lionel
>Lois
>Red K
>Perry
>fucking hilarious teen episodes

>"low quality"

>All spread paper-thin across 10 seasons
Mediocre at best, boring at worst.

>spread across 10 seasons
How do you spread central characters across 10 seasons?

Next time act like you even watched the show.

Why the fuck do like 9 characters have the initials LL?

Silver Age writers thought it was funny.
And the tradition has continued out of tradition.

I watched for Lionel and Lex. I longed for Alicia (Damn them for that to this day.) Also, Oliver was a decent addition along the way. Shame he was made irrelevant within the show by Clark, even it was expected. I wasn't much of a fan of proto-Olicity but at least it wasn't as difficult to deal with as the real thing.

>but at least it wasn't as difficult to deal with as the real thing.

I remember raging at the scene where it implies she will be the new Doctor Fate.
I also remember watching Arrow and thinking about that scene and how far the bar had fallen.

I'd do it for the heavy rush of nostalgia. From the inclusion of hit songs in certain scenes and the sometimes hilarious effect of them to eying all the guest stars who would go on bigger things while they were still fetuses to all the show's riffs on hit movies of that time. It's a damn great time capsule.

I wish they didn't drop her like a flaming bag of feces. She was delectable to the eyes.

youtube.com/watch?v=tlm4sEAu0Rc

>I watched every single fucking episode, waiting for them to say "Superboy"

When the show began in 2001 they didn't have the rights to Superboy, which were still with the Salkinds, the producers of the first three Reeve movies (and the Supergirl movie). Neither the Superboy nor Supergirl rights would return to WB until 2005, by which time Smallville had firmly established its identity as a different kind of show with a strong audience. Experience from the Lois & Clark show in the 1990s led WB to believe that drastic changes to the format would drive away audiences, so they left it alone.

Smallville had that wonderful farmboy charme to it that I want to see from Superman.

Goodness, they loved making Chloe look like a cuck early on. I also remember him fucking with her while he was on red k.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Xq0T3N0Lr8

Obligatory.

HOMOSEXUALITY

>Not running off with your best bud.
it isn't homo at all

it's not gay if the balls don't touch

Speaking of, anyone remember the 80's Superboy show they did?

No, but I remember 90s Bird's of Prey.

Never saw it, but it was apparently doing well and had a solid audience until WB started fucking around with legal shenanigans and took it off the air.

The reason it's never been released on video is because WB claimed it infringed their copyrights - even though they didn't own any of the copyrights they were claiming it infringed at that time. 13 years later and a mere 8 years after WB's competitor show Lois & Clark went off the air (its creation having been the reason WB felt they needed to crowd out the competition in the first place), WB finally settled.

Geez, don't dredge up that trauma, user. Helena in that show was pretty hot, but that was about it.