How come this never became as popular as Teen Titans?

How come this never became as popular as Teen Titans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ecpvn-D0dt0
youtube.com/watch?v=gdKakJwtyhU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was on Kids WB, not Cartoon Network.

It premiered on Kids WB after Pokemon had left the block. Once that happened, the ratings went into a rapid decline until it was put out of its misery, so not a whole lot of people saw Legion of Superheroes.

Baby Superman and the Literal Who's

It had a very strong second season. Such a shame the series was cancelled, but in my opinion, the last episode left the show on a high note. That being said, the first season was quite weak in a lot of places.

Phantom Girl rare and precious goth aesthetic waifu.

clone superman was much more interesting than the original superman (much more liberty to what they can do to the character).

Poor argument considering TT was Robin and the Literally Whos until people watched the show. NTT and LoSH were both big at the same time among comics readers, but people watching cartoons wouldn't know any of them.

It's mostly the Kids WB thing.

Because it's not remotely comparable?

Pic related, on the other hand...

Kids WB. Also it had a really offputting artstyle in my opinion.

It's a testament to the second season's writing and plots that it was, even with all the executive meddling that fucked up a lot of their plans (no female characters, no Alexis story arc, no Bouncing Boy as leader).

because one of the main characters was called "bouncing boy"

It was on 4Kids TV for the last two years before the WB ended Saturday Morning Cartoons, instead of whenever CNN wants on CN

Never seen this show, did they really have no female characters as a mandate!?

I still ship Superboy/Braniac 5.

If it had aired today tumblr would have loved it.

>not remotely compatible
Both DC, both teams of young super heroes, both have the same character designed
I think they're at least a little comparable.

Ugly women.

(A small part of) Tumblr does love it. They are also extremely annoying about it and like to portray Brainiac 5 as an extremely weak person who can't do anything on his own.

They still had female characters, but for the second season they were told to put less emphasis on them because boys don't like girls or buy girl action figures.

Their roles were severely decreased. The usual "boys don't want toys of girls" nonsense.

so torn.

I liked the show's version of Tinya but its still not my Tinya, they wanted her to be Raven when she'd be alot closer to Starfire.

You have your timeline all mixed up user.
>Legion of Superheroes premiered in late 2006
>Kids WB ended mid 2008 and was replaced with CW4Kids, Legion of Superheroes was removed at this time
>CW4Kids ended in 2012, replaced with Vortexx
>Vortexx ended in late 2014

So CW had a Saturday morning block for nearly 6 1/2 years after Legion of Superheroes ended.

She doesn't look got to me

Teen Titan was pile of hot garbage.Even as a kid I understood this

>black and white color palette
>what looks like shittons of eyeliner
>cute little ghostie icon on her chest
Are you blind?

It has the only example of "edgy counterpart" i like besides Archie's Sonic.

Any torrents or megas for the show? Never got to see it when it aired, but these threads have made me interested.

>favorite Legionnaire
>voiced by favorite VA
>those mighty eyebrows
The only reason I'm sure they weren't pandering specifically to me is that "no girls allowed" bullshit in season 2.

It's kinda weird considering that this came after Teen Titans were the female were definately the most popular characters.

I'm just going to leave this here.

I really wish female baldness wasn't so taboo.

I wish so badly this look had been brought over to the comics.

To be perfectly honest, there are quite a few designs I wish carried over to the comics. Saturn Girl, Phantom Girl, Triplicate Girl, Bouncing Boy... Not sure about Shrinking Violet though, she kinda looks oddly clown-like.

I liked her hair and gigglesnorting, maybe she doesn't necessarily have to be so pale.

because at first glance its bargain bin justice league

They are basically the future JL, though they're better

>Clone Superman was better than the original
>muh angst
>Now with mullet, and FUCKNG LAZERS

I get what you're saying with the potential to do whatever, but "Superman X" just never clicked with me even when I was in the target demographic.

It's been a while since I last saw the show, did they ever redo the intro for duo damsel or just keep it in?

Nigga, did you even watch the same show? She was always very loudspoken, ditzy, and kinda prissy.

They just left out the white one.

youtu.be/Ecpvn-D0dt0

because it was only on WB

That is my issue, she wears too much white and for me goth implies a black and cold palette

huh, thanks.
Goddamn, I also forgot how damn catchy that theme song was. One of my favorite cartoon intros.

>anyone watching kids wb after pokemon left
Theres your reason OP

There are white-heavy variants of goth fashion.

I remember why I didn't like it when I was young. First of all, I was confused why he was Superman if he was a kid. I thought he should've been clled Superboy. Secondly, I didn't know who anyone else was in there. Thirdly, I didn't like the cast other than Superman. They seemed weird to me. It felt more kiddish, I guess. Like, more so than Teen Titans, which I loved at the time. Legion of Superheroes was just that one show on WB that just confused me with what it was, I guess. It felt really toyetic, too, but I don't remember why. It just never felt so organic to me, I guess.

I'm also sad to say that this show may have been the reason I've avoided all things Legion of Superheroes related. It just never grabbed my interest, I never really liked it, I can't find the team or their characters interesting, and I don't know why.

news to me

"Literal Who's" is a dumbass argument since a lot of characters became popular in spite of not being well known. Like before the TMNT cartoon premiered nobody fucking knew who the Ninja Turtles were other than comic book fans that knew about indies. And that was like a fraction of all comic readers. Most people didn't know who the Guardians of the Galaxy were other than comic fans (even most Marvel readers didn't read them at the time) and yet now they're extremely popular.

If I got all three of them pregnant, and the fused back into one, would she be pregnant with triplets?

>I was confused why he was Superman if he was a kid. I thought he should've been clled Superboy.

That bugged me too. But it was because of the Siegels lawsuit so DC thought at the time they couldn't use the name Superboy, which was when references to Kon-El were very sparse (they even edited him out of a flashback panel at one point), and Superboy-Prime was renamed Superman-Prime.

Maybe the three different kids fuse into one.

Two words: Trimese
Twins.

I haven't a fuckin' clue, and comics have never elaborated on how Carggite reproduction works. Well, unless you count Threeboot, but they, or just she, rather, were way different in that one.

teen titans was full of anime references during a time when anime was extremely popular

Because it wasn't as good as Teen Titans.

Why was she such a cunt towards Clark in that episode...?

I feel like Reboot kind of went into it. Like her grandmother or something died and they naturally fused back? So maybe you have to be merged to conceive too.

she went back in time and discovered that the man who super raped her when she was younger was superman

hwat

There was that thing where they explained how Tinya was part Carggite too, but I don't remember much of it and can't recall if it was detailed in LoSH or L.E.G.I.O.N.

Because it's not so good, the first Ben 10 is better

Mother troubles

Is there a MEGA for all episodes?

>How come this never became as popular as Teen Titans?
It was on Kids WB, and only Kids wb, Cartoon Network did not air it, becuase Snyder had shit taste and preferred to air shit like Total Drama and Johnny Test.

And by snyder I'm referring to stuart anyder

I don't want to be that annoying faggot, but what issue/arc/author do you read for really good Legion? I remember liking the show and I read the first volume of what I think is threeboot and liking it, but I want more.

Did the show in the OP ever air on CN? Because The Batman certainly did...

No, The retard running cartoon network at the time had shit taste and preferred to air shit like total drama and johnny test

But this show came out around the same time The Batman was on CN. That's why I'm asking.

>The Batman certainly did...
It did?

I didn't even know it existed until a few years ago. I would have watched the shit out of it if I'd known

It aired on toonami

It did in the UK...though I guess that doesn't really matter here.

It was on Kids WB at the time Kids WB was about to die.

I was talking about the US channel only.

I know, but I had to butt in...because.

Not everybody who wears eyeliner is goth, retard.

>were the female were definately the most popular characters.
No?

I though OP was asking in general. I guessed it didn't fit with TT, YJ, JL niche without being redundant. The Show made it interesting ,but it didn't get the chance to grow.

The big question is why didn't this and SSDGAC never air on CN?

Do I have to say this again, stuart snyder had shit taste and preferred to air unbearable shit like johnny test and total drama over legion

because the CW Saturday Morning Block and Saturday Morning Cartoons were dying when it came out

>Do I have to say this again, stuart snyder had shit taste and preferred to air unbearable shit like johnny test and total drama over legion
doesn't explain SSDGAC which had the same humor

Poor timing.
Too similar to Teen Titans.
Could have done better had it launched within the last 2 years during the CW capeshow hype cycle instead of trying to save a dying Kids WB programing block.

If they wait much longer to launch the next Young Justice season, history will repeat and it will fail just as badly.

Young Justice is going ot launch on the DC digital platform so it can't really "fail" in a traditional sense.

If you liked the Threeboot you can continue with that, it's not very well liked by people in general but you do you. The first volume is Teenage Revolution, and if you've read that the next one should be Death of a Dream.

Otherwise you could either pick up The Great Darkness Saga (their most well-known story in general) och Legionnaires Book One (first trade for that version, pretty new) to get a taste of the other two main continuities. The version of the team that appears in Legionnaires probably inspired the cartoon more than the other two, but it's very much a taste thing if you prefer that one or any of the others.

Interesting. I don't even think I was aware it was show until years after it ended.

Especially considering how thirsty she is for him in the comics.

Bretty gud intro
youtube.com/watch?v=gdKakJwtyhU

Sexual Harassment Tinya

It kinda was here in latin-america (both aired on CN here), but I say "kinda" because not as much people remember it as they remember TT

i don't know but here is my guess, this kid of shows usually havea bunch of teenage drama, like in teen titans raven has her daddy issues, cyborg and the hive,beast boy and terra, robin and starfire etc, basically, all of the titans can appeal to a certain type of teenager,

In legion you have teen supes he has always been a good boy, braniac is just your average good boy ners, i don't think i have to say anything about bouncing boy,phantom girl was just goth in looks but not so much in personality so it didn't atract real life goths

In other words the legion are the nerdy unpopular kids in school who hang out together and just have fun the kind of friends i had at that age

The titans are more like the weeb kids who feel like no one understand them except their own group

Meanwhile young justice is like the popular rich kids that you see on mtv shows i mean thieir team even has super chad and marian stacy

>Querl "family issues" Dox not being drama

this, Brainy was made for suffering