Musclecup

>Musclecup
>Feeling inadequate as a superhero, Buttercup bulks up.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Powerpuff_Girls_(2016_TV_series)_episodes#Season_2_.282017.29
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thought this was AT at first because of the lobster.

Walked away even MORE disappointed.

>That inconsistent lineart
>They probably just shrunk her model rather than try to keep the style solid
>That oversimplified lobster compared to the much more detailed Buttercup

This angers me to no end

I don't get it.
They get away not doing the shows everybody wants saying no one wants them.
And then they keep doing shows everybody loathes, several of them for several seasons at a time, despite they themselves admitting they are flops and that no one likes them.
This has to be some sort of scam or tax evasion ploy or some shit.

Nu-PPG was something CN put a lot of money into because it was an excuse to sell toys. PPG sold a fuckton of merch and they wanted to get that sweet moolah again. Hell half of their presentation for the show was just how they could make toys for it.

So much so that they bought two seasons of the show before it even premiered. And it clearly bit them in the ass, but when executives think something is a sure thing, they will shovel money into it.

>PPG will practically sell itself! The original writers and creators? Fuck em! Just make it look sorta like the original and kids won't tell the difference!

HA dumbass fucking execs.

What they never took into account is that those who would get pulled on the nostalgia string are now adults and smart enough to tell that it's shit, and that those who are young don't see the appeal in this because it's a fucking boring as shit slice of life show without the violence that made kids enjoy the original. Thus it's a failed investment and I'm glad it is. Hopefully CN will actually start investing money in people with talent.

The only people who like this show are feminists who put GRRL POWER over quality.

The same crowd that liked Ghostbusters 2016.

>its a "adult vastly overestimates how much they matter to execs of a cartoon channel" episode

But does Blossom twerk for her older boyfriend?

Not putting myself on any pedestal. All I did was point out that the show failed to appeal to any demographic. Adults who enjoyed the original were part of that demographic, so they do matter in this situation.

Adventure Time couldn't have gotten anywhere near as far as it did without the periphery audience
Of course that show lost its fanbase on its own through shoddy writing

>The only people who like this show are feminists who put GRRL POWER over quality.
I don't even think those people like this show

There is unquestionably not a single reason to bring back an old-ass property like PPG other than to make more toys and to get nostalgiabux

Well...I mean I can't say you're wrong, but there's conceptually nothing bad about bringing an old show back, if the new take on it knows how to respect the original and has a similar quality. I'm all for new, good PPG, it just ain't happening

>are now adults and smart enough to tell that it's shit
you don't even have to be older to tell. pretty sure this didn't hit even with the kids of this gen

>look up the ratings on Wikipedia
>most episodes get less than a million viewers

what would be average-good ratings?
how do we know how many people are watching?

Most CN shows average around 1.2 million. Many of the recent PPG episodes are struggling to get above 0.8.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Powerpuff_Girls_(2016_TV_series)_episodes#Season_2_.282017.29

>TTG v PPG got 2.42 million

>that steady decline from the premire ep

>What you got there, Blossom?

I just went back and watched one of the newer eps... it really IS that bad

Why would you do that to yourself

>only one claw

Does anyone have a link to that interview where they ask pedo-writer his favorite powerpuff, and he gets all nervous?

Pic not related.

>This has to be some sort of scam or tax evasion ploy or some shit.
It's sort of like The Producers, but with grrrl power instead of nazis. And less Mel Brooks.

>tax evasion
how would that work?
why not make an actually good show and make even more money?

Well if you're a big enough studio you can
>Find franchise you no longer care for and no longer get any real profit from owning.
>Do some new project with said franchise, half ass it and do everything in your power to assure yourself its a total piece of shit no one could like, but still cover it up as something legit.
>Offcially on the outside blame the audience for not liking it, and on the inside do some hollywood accounting so you can make the investment you obviously halfassed and skimped on look like a huge catastrophic loss.
>Tell the government the project was a huge fucking failure and show them your over inflated losses and tell them to cut you a break.
>Usually, they will deduce your losses from your taxes in some way or form, at the loss of the franchise or project you supposedly failed at, but since this is a scam, you pretty much saved a lot of money sacrificing something you no longer cared for.
Or some such like that.

What is it with CN reboots and catering to fetishists in the stupidest, most unfappable ways possible?

are taxes really that expensive?
animation is quite costly and to hire a team for months on end sounds inefficient.

no, it's just a way to save a dollar

Taxes are a little bit more than 30% of your income.
If you are a studio that makes 10 different shows a year it could be real easy to sacrifice 10% of your budget to save 30% of your income, If you even give it as much budget as your other shows.

Did ""you know who" write this one?

Voldemort?
Satan?

makes more sense now. thanks for clarifying

lord moldybutt

Quantity has a quality of its own.

>rohypnol
>not getting the refrence to A C I D