Give me one good reason why this shouldn't happen in the main continuity that doesn't come down to 'Batman doesn't get...

Give me one good reason why this shouldn't happen in the main continuity that doesn't come down to 'Batman doesn't get married.'

It's different and I hate different

What would be the legal ramifications of two superhero alter egos getting married, even?
Is this just Bruce making sure he doesn't get alimonied?

Because it's not Wonderbat.

It's an inferior ship.

They probably got married in costume so they could invite all their friends and family without the media asking a bunch of awkward questions. Then Bruce and Selina would go to the court house to sign the appropriate documents, and then do a press release announcing the marriage that mentions the bride and groom not wanting their day to be overshadowed by paparazzi.

I like WonderBat too, user, but come on now.

Selena's always been the one. It's actually Justice, but you can't stick your dick in it.

Catwoman will say no. She can't be tied to a man, she is terrified of marriage.

Because he's gay.

this but unironically

Where do you get that she's terrified of marriage? And besides, the two of them have been tied together, more or less for years in their timeline.

Shit taste

Neither have the capacity for romantic love.

Bruce can be in love. But he isn't relationship material, the whole. He will end up alone bullshit is also retarded. Is not that Bruce wouldn't want to make one of the girls he loves happy, it's just that he isn't as selfish as tie someone with him, he knows his actions as batman are more important than the happiness of two individuals. Bruce isnt a loner, but the ibly relationships he can cultivate and that are favorable for the world are father/son or daughter relationships. He makes the world better by rising dick Grayson or the rest of the kids, the world isn't a better place if he is in home taking care of the women he loves and he knows it. And he knows eventually he will die in action, he won't grow old.

As much as I love the pairing the idea of them actually settling down and marrying each other seems odd for either of them to do. Maybe later on when they're in their late forties/early fifties it could work but in just regular continuity it seems unlikely.

BRUCE WAYNE SECRET WEDDING SHOCKER
BILLIONAIRE PLAYBOY WEDS MYSTERY WOMAN

And I think that your argument is exactly why it makes sense for Bruce and Adelina to tie the knot. She's the only person in his life that truly respects and understands both halves of his life, and has demonstrated the ability to stand next to him on both halves. She's not just arm candy, she's a true partner in every sense of the word. I doubt that Bruce can truly be happy with anyone but Selina, to be honest.

Ignoring the meta reason of them never having an actual ending for these characters it really depends on Bruce. If they go full DKR or Beyond with him then yeah there's no real hope for him but considering just how fucking big his "family" has gotten over the years the idea that he can't eventually calm down and retire is ridiculous.

He pretty much has a small army at his disposal to carry on his mission long after he's gone, there's no reason he can't give up the stupid loner shit at this point and have an actual life once his age becomes a hindrance for crime fighting. I'm sure both he and Selina would never become just some old married couple and would still get caught up in dumb superhero bullshit but after enough time it shouldn't have to control their entire lives.

I agree, except for the retire bit. Bruce can't retire, and I don't think Selina ever would. She enjoys what she does way too much to stop any time in the near future.

Even DKR Batman loved Selina even when she was fat and old.

Has Wonderbat ever happened outside of elseworlds and DCAU?

When did DC really start pursuing Bruce and Selina as an OTP? Cause they've been that way for decades, as far as I'm aware. Right up there with Lois and Clark when it comes to the DCU.

literally in her first appearance Batman falls for her.

This one was written by Kane and Finger.

It goes against both Bruce and Selina's character.
It's forced
It won't be written well with King at the helm.
It's pointless filler that will just be retracted later
Bruce can't be a husband, father and Batman.so they would have to retire Bruce.
Batman literally just came back less than year go when he lost his memory or some shit.
It's stupid and only shippers think it's remotely interesting.
She's a whore
It will end badly with one of them most likely dying.

Damn. So they really are right up there with Lois and Clark.

there's literally nothing wrong with marrying a whore

Yes and no. The bat and the cat NEVER get together except on alternate earths and elseworlds. In main continuity, they are basically THE on again/off again couple.

Lois and Clark have been married many times in main continuity and alternate media, and the marriage usually lasts a long time.

So they're Lois and Clark but with commitment issues.

No, Wonderbat fans are delusional.
The best ships for Batman really are Selina and Clark

If yo don't mind marrying Herpes and warts too.

Wonderbat was pretty much canon for entire Pre-FP universe since Morrison's and Kelly run. They teased and liked each other for years and WW pretty much confirmed that Bruce is her true love.

>are Selina and Clark
>Not just Clark
You fucked up. Selina's trash.

That's bullshit, but I believe it.

They have more going for them than BatCat.

Nice Madonna/Whore complex you got going on, chief. Anyone without significant scars would never work out with Bruce. He would never work out with anyone who isn't damaged in some way or another.

I half expect Joker to get angry that "Muh Batman isn't all alone and edgy anymore" and do something horrible to Catwoman, causing the marriage to split up.

Lois and Clark are the golden couple. Clark proposed to Lois before being shipped off to fight in the pacific. Lois waited for Clark for 4 long years. Clark got a chest full of medals. Clark came home, got an honorable discharge, and the two of them lived happily ever after with their 2.5 children in Levittown.

Bruce and Selina are the couple living in the trailer park. Bruce proposed to Selina before being shipped off to Vietnam. While there, Bruce got a Dear John letter, but he never gave up hope, even after everything he saw. Back in Gotham, Alabama, Bruce eventually finds Selina in a heroin den, and convinces her to get clean. They get married. What seems like a happy marriage turns bad once they have a child. Bruce occasionally disappears at night to drink in alleys, an attempt to escape the flashbacks. Selina goes back to her heroin addiction. Eventually, Bruce starts turning his fear and anger on his children. Selina runs away with them, but she comes back in a few months. This happens again a few years later. And again. The cycle continues. Maybe they get a divorce and get remarried,eventually, but it doesn't change the state of affairs.

TL;DR Lois and Clark are like Chandler and Monica. Bruce and Selina would be like Stella and Stanley.

Just read Kelly's run and WW Blackest night, man.

I only expect from all of this is that if the marriage happens for Harley and Ivy to be Selina's bridemaids

Do you realize the bachelor/bachelorette parties Bruce and Selina would be forced to have? They'd be insane.

And that's why they should be. If Selina is gonna go out she gonna go out with a bang!.. It'd be fun to watch Selina being carried around and completely perplexed at Harley's & Ivy's idea for the wedding and parties and all that stuff

Meanwhile, Dick and Clark are going to be trying their best to get Bruce to have a good time and not escape so he can go on patrol.

Batman is gay

If Huntress isnt Black it isnt Progressive.

I don't remember a wacky bacherlor party for Supes so I want Clark to take this bitch to SPACE.

This.

It would be the only way to get Bruce to not stare out the window and check his line with Gordon every five minutes.

During Blackest Night, Black Lantern Wonder Woman fought ghosts of her mother and sister, who were trying to bring her back to normal, but it was only when she saw Bruce that part of the Black Lantern ring's control was broken

and then she mind-melded with Mera to stop her rampage

I prefer Batman/Zatanna

Don't you have anything better to do than post on Sup Forums, Mr. Dini?

Go away Paul Dini

The next time a writer takes over from King they'll be done.

Batman is too much of an obsessive manchild to make time for anything other than his crusade against crime. Any marriage with him is ensured to end in a messy breakup.

Ivan Reis really improved over the years.

He's gotten a lot better at being a dad, and Damian could certainly use a steady female presence in his life who isn't completely insane/didn't get him killed

I agree, but that was actually Nicola Scott

Wow I'm a fucking idiot. I had even looked up Blackest Night to make sure it was just Reis because I doubted that it was and I guess it wasn't.
Nicola Scott has improved a lot too.

Go home Bruce.

>Trinity shipping.

Nope. He works with Clark just fine. If there was a female Clark, it would be the best relationship out of all his ships. A matter affect the less damaged a girl is the better Bruce interacts with them. And it's usually the more damaged the girls are the more he ends up getting hurt or fucked over.

Would rather have Wonderbat, but if Selina doesn't pull some tumblr strong womyn shit it won't be the worst thing to happen.

Bottom line I don't trust Selina's shift hoe ass.

While this is true, they'll certainly take a less active approach. No matter how much they want to keep going, eventually they can't.
If that means Bruce giving directives to others from The Batcave while Selena runs Helena through the grinder, I can see that being enough.

The only people who could possibly give a shit about Wonder Bat are Timm fans, and their opinion is moot when it comes to comics.

If you're having a bad day just remember this: at least you aren't this retarded.

Nope hate timm. Never liked how he only put in fetish fuel like the new shitty Harley movie.

Still love Wonderbat tho.

user is right though, for my part I haven't seen any WonderBats shippers that doesn't cite DCAU stuff as proof

Or Segway into the biggest Batman story ever. Batman finally losing it and crossing the line, and Joker getting the last laugh...At least until he comes back in a year as some kind of Clown revenant.

That said, Catwoman isn't exactly a slouch in a fight, and she isn't lacking in the cunning department.

I just hope, if they really do go through with it, that they get new costumes after the nuptials to reflect their new status, kinda like on Earth-2, where they incorporate parts of the other's costume into their own.

She escaped from a death trap set by Bane without so much as a scratch on her. Not even Bruce can do that.

It ruins the allure and gives batman another mental weakness. He might make a mistake to her benefit. Isn't like she'd stop stealing either, thrill is too great.

Earth 2 was shit, fag. Robinson is a fucking hack.

Depends. If it proves to be popular they'll keep it around until it stops being popular.
Superman showed them that married life sells.

Honestly, it was a bit of a trap. That was a 3 issue miniseries drawn by Scott during Blackest Night.
Modern Scott is quit different. I like it, but I think her Diana used to be drawn a little thicker pre-flashpoint

What series and issue is OPs pic from?

The Batman fan in me says no its gotta be Selina. But the Zee fan in me says "Mmm dat everything."

I hope this just shows how shitty they are as people. Batman starts neglecting her. She starts stealing shit again. They never go through with it and it finally kills Batman ships. Selina goes full villain. Bruce becomes even colder.

Gordon was grumbling a few issues ago that Batman has way too much of a blind spot for her.

Nah, this is garbage and they've already done both of these things in the past. They were garbage then and garbage now. Your mother and father are garbage and you're a child of garbage. You, sir, are second gen garbage.

Because he should marry Carrie Kelly

rude

"No"

catwoman is a canon dyke who's tried to kill him a lot lately.
and the dc movies are trying to push batflek and wonderskeleton together...so...you know.

You make me fucking sick

>Canon dyke
>Fucks both men and women

Where I'm from we just call those bisexuals.
Or just "Women" when talking about women.

Get out of here, you alien. Bisexualism doesn't exist

Yes it does. Almost all women have some bi in them, even if it's just "That one celebrity woman I'd munch carpet with".

Lois and Clark have been married only once more than Bat and Cat.

No, Batman isn't Spider-Man. If the quality of any Spider-Man or married Superman runs is any indication, then Batman shouldn't be married.

>tfw when gf is bisexual but monogamous and wont have crazy threesomes

probably a blessing in disguise

The reason people don't like SM/WW

All women are turned on by all manner of sex. Doesn't mean they'd go automagically gay with the closest chick around if the opportunity presented itself.
It's like going up to a hardcore goldstar lesbian and saying that they only need a bit of dick to turn them bi/straight.

Spiderman was at his best when he was married to MJ.

Right now he's worse then he's ever been and is only surviving on nostalgia and constant whoring.

Dubs confirms, is garbage.

>who is Ditko.

It would be bad for Damian

>the peak in Wayne's eyebrows, along with his supranasal wrinkle, actually makes the Bat logo
pottery