Is Black Manta the greatest villain of all time?

I see him get brought up a lot and from what i've seen hes done a thorough job of fucking his nemesis over multiple times. Whats up with him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KuYd9pA8LIY
youtube.com/watch?v=vG4-shJn-oY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Manta is a man of conviction, sheer will. I once saw Manta kill 3 men with a pencil. A. Fucking. Pencil.

He just really really really really really really really really really hates Aquaman

I always imagine Black Manta with this raspy high pitched voice kinda like Cobra Commander almost when he's got his helmet on, but then when it comes off he lapses into Garcian Smith.

No, he is Sup Forums: the villain

He isn't even clayface tier.

Mortal clay is literally better than every single manta or for that matter eobarn story ever.

You know, when think about it, doesn't Manta just have autism for real and not just as a story to fuck with Arthur's head?

I mean his single fixation in life is just Aquaman, and ruining his life.

Then again I guess I like the idea that Black Manta really does not have any reason to hate Arthur. Hating Arthur just gives him life.

>Ruining his life
Hating Aquaman IS his life user. Every time he thinks the scaly fuck is dead his life goes to hell

I know it's a cliche, but the journey really is more important than the destination.

Look at how fucking much Manta has achieved in pursuit of his goal.

That's the weird thing, why doesn't he just kill himself or become so unmotivated he dies? Is it in the vain hope that one day Aqauman will return from the dead like other heroes?

Cause I mean it paid off but some heroes legit stay dead for good, or at least a very long time.

Maybe he can kill Ocean Master after a brief honeymoon period basking in his accomplishments

The True Greatest Villain

It's also why I love the Monarch, who's based on Black Manta.

Just someone who lives to hate someone, they don't have a reason, they don't have an origin, it's like love at first sight, an all encompassing feeling that just drives him to new heights.

Except love, it's pure hate. He just saw him and it was just pure, unconditional hate.

He has Hope user.

Black Manta for Blue Lantern.

I think hes thought about suicide before, but in most cases he tries to find new purpose in life (preferably something that still allows him to gut something). Thing is, Manta is just so filled with hate that he needs an outlet for it. He could be a Red Lantern to rival Atrocitus

Zoom, Joker, and Black Manta walk into a bar...

I wonder what Manta would. be like if you forced an Indigo ring on him. Would his rage be so great he'd just earn a red lantern ring?

He also shat in Barry's pants.

If he put on a red lantern ring it would explode like a nuke the very moment he thought of Aquaman.

The thing is, he had everything ready to go, like was he was planning on this. Like he was just a zombie waiting for the day to arrive that he got to do what he loves the most.

Ruin Arthur Curry's life.

>reading Forever Evil
>Black Manta gets to have the black text bubbles and nobody else does, even people way eviler than him
>just randomly takes his pent up aggression out on any Crime Syndicate guys he finds because Aquaman AND evil Aquaman are dead
>Captain Cold and even Batman and Luthor are stunned/a little afraid of him

Aquaman is his extended Nigga-Moment
youtube.com/watch?v=KuYd9pA8LIY

I don't know the context, really, how were they?

>Black Manta gets presented with the red ring
>He wears it
>Ring immediately cracks incapable of processing all his hate

>i want build a mansion, to house the machine to kick his ass!

I could see the Garcian Smith when it comes off, but I imagine it'd be low-pitch raspy with the helmet on, like Gray Fox with the original V.O.

Black-on-black violence

youtube.com/watch?v=vG4-shJn-oY

Autism.
No. Literal autism.

He killed his son a few times ago, and i think he was also responsible for the death of his wife.

I think the real question is who hates their respective enemies more, Manta or Zoom?

Manta hates Aquaman more but Zoom can fuck with Flash harder because of his time fuckery

Zoom has his own Reverse Chris-Chan reasons for hating Flash, Manta does not have any reason for hating Aquaman and all his supposed reasons are just lies to fuck with Aquaman.

Hard to say. Both rage hard at the autistic spectrum.
So my money goes to:

Manta's hate is purer, he wins.

Eobard doesn't hate Barry. He is just tsundere.

Mera didn't die but she did leave Arthur blaming him for their son's death and Arthur did cheat on her with Dolphin

Who can blame him? Those Dolphins are sluts that are down for anything, their vaginas are so tight they will literally rip the skin off your dick.

Black Manta's suit is pretty ridiculously impressive, since even though he's just a normal man (filled with HATE) it lets him go toe-to-toe with the superstrong king of the seas at the bottom of the ocean while being so form fitting.

>Black Manta
>He's literally black

At least you can't tell until he takes off his black manta-themed suit

Unlike Black Lightning

Black Lightning literally has black lightning powers though

That's a retcon and a weak attempt to justify his name, it used to be just regular lightning

I think he just did this originally to make Aquaman look like a racist.

really lame

Can manta talk/breathe underwater?

Yup. Is his common strategy.

Manta is 1/4th Atlantean, which is why he is so skilled at swimming and underwater combat

>Manta isn't Tsundere
>end of forever evil he explicitly DOESN'T kill some sailors he beats up, then gives them Aquaman's trident, asks them to return it to him, with a note that says "I'm glad you're not dead"

Have you ever felt angry, user ?

Eobard is literally just upset his husbando doesn't love him back

Why is he so angry?

>BLACK MANta

I shouldn't find this as funny as I do.

I think of his Super Friends and YJ voice. So deeper than that at least with his helmet on.

>batfags batfagging
Lmao

>Is Black Manta the greatest villain of all time?
He comes close, very close.
And that's measuring not by any motive but sheer capacity for evil.
Although since season 5 I suppose he takes the number one spot now.

He just really, really, really, really, really, REALLY, hates that Aquaman. He hats him so much that he wouldn't kill him. His mission in life is to hurt Aquaman. To make his life a hell. When Aquaman sees a glimmer of light deep in the ocean, Black Manta will be there to snuff it out.

How new are you?

>he's not even black

This.

Its full on hatred, like you know when you stub your pinky toe on the leg of a coffee table or something? and you really really for like 3 seconds hate that coffee table for no actual rational reason?

Thats Black Manta, and Aquaman is the coffee table... and he doesn't hate in 3 second increments, he hates full time.

So batman has joker, superman has lex, aquaman has manta and flash has zoom. What other heros have a villain that hate them so fucking much it passes beyond the human realm of thinking?

I'm not a big Shazam/Cpt.Marvel fan but Black Adam?

Green Goblin and Sabretooth for Marvel just off the top of my head