What are peoples opinions of this? how could it be undone?

What are peoples opinions of this? how could it be undone?

>What are peoples opinions of this?
One of the most hated comics of all time and single highhandedly ruined the Spider-Man franchise.

>how could it be undone?

Easily, Mephisto still knows about what happened, all it takes is for someone who knows Spider-Man or Peter to find out and try and rectify it. Characters like Ben, who died because Peter had a child remembering the promise Peter made would be enough to kick off an event. The problem is that Quesada doesn't want that.

We need some hardcore time travel

I hope Quesada dies with the final thing he sees is a mainline comic showing Peter marrying Mary Jane.

I don't read much in the way of comics (IE: none) but I thought that renew your vows was made to undo this.

Alternate Universe.

Declare current continuity the Mephistoverse and end it with a heroic sacrifice, banishing the devil back to hell and letting Peter Parker die. Have stories of Parker wandering around as a ghost forced to repent for his sins and aid the living while ghost Gwen Stacy calls him out on all his fuck ups. To get Peter alive again, Ben Reilly fucks up making a clone, resulting in a soulless devil possessed husk running around that Peter can fight and take over.

>Hire J.M. Straczynski again.
>Teach Romita Jr. to draw again.
>They continue with their run with aunt may dead.

We've seen several nods to this in Duggan's SP/DP.
There is also the fact that Slott is denying any possibility of undoing this; the thing being that when Slott denies a thing, it becomes true later.

One can hope, but Quesada needs to go for it to happen; the continuous focus on keeping Peter younger and younger each time does not help this too.

like its cannon somewhere in the multiverse or just a what if? also did you enjoy it?

I dont care if its already happened, I just legit want the last thing he sees is a comic of that.

or photo of Stan Lee shitting on One More Day.

Is it bad One More Day got me into comics and Spidey in general? I liked the art work and the retro covers but maybe because I'm not a big fan of Mary Jane I just didn't think it was as bad as people claim.

At least we got Mister Negative and Anti-Venom out of it.

Loki gave Spider-Man a key to call for help in the JMS run, so here's this

>Spider-Man is in a jam
>Calls on Loki as a last resort
>Loki appears, Spider-Man asks for help
>Loki says "Okay" and disappears
>Spider-Man thinks nothing happens
>Loki tricks Mephisto into meddling with Spider-Man's life, thereby violating the terms of his original deal
>The deal becomes undone
>Spider-Man's life becomes shittier as a result

Thing is though Mephisto is already meddling.

>how can it be undone
Kelly is working on that actually in Spider-Man and Deadpool.
>what are peoples' opinions of this
Pretty shitty to be honest, but at least we got a few midly interesting comics a few years after it.

>Kelly is working on that actually in Spider-Man and Deadpool.

He can work on it all he wants but as long as Slott is on the main title nothing significant will happen. Also the issue released today is Kelly's last.

>how could it be undone?
They can't, it is impossible by this point, the only thing they can do now is to make the RYV Peter/MJ/Annie part of the main universe.

Shit, looks like SM/DP is on its way to cancel town. Do you think they'd give the title to someone else? Maybe Thompson? Conway is busy with Renew Your Vows else I'd want him on sm/dp

I stopped after one more day cause nothing came from it. Rather than letting May die or even some kind of hint that someone or peter was going to find a way to find out everyone forgot about peter parker, we just get "hey remember the spiderman you read before long ago? how about you do it again but with nicer colors and darker stories"

I did like how we forgo peter and made Doc ock the superior one and even getting that girl who was not only smart but cute too.

Then, Peter comes back cause reasons, and didn't even try to fix anything that doc did! black cat was one of his most trusted allies and when he came back he just completely ignored her.

Blame that on Slott, he's the one who had Felicia scream "I don't care" when Peter reviled that Otto had control of his body during that ordeal. I would have rather it gone down with Peter trying to tell Felicia to stop and Felicia telling him she can't, not after the deals she made when she escaped prison.

That being said, Thompson did a good job with damage control on that character in the Silk run we got.

I like how all the spidey comics leading up to it kept talking about how much they love each other and would never let each other go, and how Peter needs to accept Aunt May's death, yet he literally sells his marriage and UNBORN DAUGHTER to the devil anyways. It's like the writers showed how stupid it'd be even in the comic

Wasn't it actually MJ who accepted the deal? I remember Peter being pretty against it.

Just reread the story (because I hate myself). MJ tells Peter he should let Aunt May go, but then after Peter spergs about it she tells him to go ahead and do it instead. It's funny, because if you actually read the story the entire thing actually looks like it'll lead to Peter choosing his marriage, only instead at the very end for no discernible reason Peter goes against what his whole character stands for and takes the easy way out. Also the trade ends with the wedding issue, just to rub salt in the wound.

>how could it be undone?
One day with no warning/no announcement/no nothing the Spider-man of Renew Your Vows becomes the canon 616 Spider-man. Peter, MJ, the kid, everything. All they do is change the masthead. In universe, it's always been this way, and the events of One More Day never happened.

With the man who wrote it being fired.

Out of a cannon.

Into the Sun.

I stopped buying Spiderman after years bc of this stupid shit. I still can't believe Marvel did this. baka.

OMIT rubs even more salt into the wound by shitting on the marriage issue by having Rivera do a modernized version of the classic comics.

>ghost Gwen Stacy
She can take her Goblin fucking ectoplasmic bitch-ass back to whatever hell hole she crawled out of.

thi is gold!

Let's not forget that one of the alt Peters featured in the story was a single, rich CEO who deep down yearned for something far more fulfilling than what he had...

In other unrelated news, I haven't read ASM in years, what's Pete's current status quo?

>peter gets a pep talk from god
>then sells his marriage to the devil

Great moral you got there Marvel. This did more damage than Clone Saga. At least Spider-Man managed to bounce back from that. This comic used to sell Batman numbers and now it can barely get in the top 10 without some exploitative gimmick.

Just get Scott Hanna to ink JRJR.

He is some kind of version of Tony Stark (ironically last time I read MJ she was the new assistant of Tony Stark and I'm sure they banged before he went in coma), CEO of his own company.

Well, Sup Forums must love "One More Day", since this thread makes clear that the majority here thinks that super-heroes shouldn't ever be married.

Quesada won.

Take Renew Your Vows and drop it into the 616 universe
Literally everyone would be happy

I'm thinking the reason she ain't in hell is because Mephisto let her bitter spirit out to screw with Parker.

>in some other Universe people are reading Spiderman books where he's having cool adventures with his kid like the Superman and Batman do with their kids

What thread?

It's terrible but it shouldn't be undone.

I'd blame it on Slott, but I'd also blame it on Lowe as well since supposedly it was a mandate from him.

And you know what? You can certainly make the case that sales dropped on Spider-Man under his watch.

It's only a bad thing if you still think it's a good comic. You can acknowledge that it got you into comics, but it's terrible attempt at rolling back the clock.

>At least we got Mister Negative and Anti-Venom out of it.

Which we still could've got even if Peter and MJ were married. What the hell kind of logic is that?

So doing the whole Superman Rebirth thing?

Why? You could erase the Mephisto bullshit 100% and could just separate them through divorce. This was a story that should've gotten Quesada more criticism than he got.

But pre-FP Clark and Lois were fused together with their counterparts of the New52 universe changing the history (once again) of the DC universe.
I'm only proposing to bring into the main universe the RYV Peter/MJ/Annie not necessarily fuse them together as one.

Really, what were they thinking when they planned OMD?

>Hey, guys, we need to have Peter and MJ break up
>Well, it's not that difficult. We make an arc with them having a giant argument about Civil War and everything and it ends with them divorcing
>No, no, divorcing is bad. I have the right idea. Let's have them make a deal with the devil. That's much better

he should've gotten fired and blacklisted from ever woking in the industry again.

Like....this shit has so MANY easier ways to have them not be married or hell even jjust FIX Aunt May.

>single highhandedly ruined the Spider-Man franchise

Slott's entire run combined did a far better job of ruining Spider-Man, that hack makes Clone Saga (while flawed and fun) look Shakespearean by comparison.

so he's a single, rich CEO then.

stupid
how to undo it?
they could do anything from a cosmic cube over haul or some bull shit magic. Hell Mister fantastic can do it. What Would I do?
Rewind, the moment spiderman reveals himself. Instead he doesnt.
That would undo most if not all of the garbage. Or a more lame contrived bullshit way, Peter was kidnapped and put into a matrix ripoff that all he experienced only that what happened was in the matrix and what really happened was completly different and rewritten.

All this retconning and undoing and rebooting is what made Marvel shit to begin with.
There is no fixing Marvel. They should just stop.

Not as long as Dan Slott is throwing a butthurt pitchfit at anyone suggesting it be retconned. We've got a better chance of seeing the MTG reserve list going away than Peter marrying MJ again.

we stop after we erase all this retardation.

This storyline is so stupid it still hurts, they could fix y doing an event comic and dismantling it.