Anyone else think Clark Kent should stop being a Journalist and try something new?

Anyone else think Clark Kent should stop being a Journalist and try something new?

Being a journalist isn't exactly as well known for truth and justice these days as it used to be.

Why not have Clark study and become a doctor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=57qTegcMT3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He could probably have a very successful internet based career if he was fine with ads.

Doctors can't easily leave in the middle of the day

We've been through this, Clark has tried other things. He always goes back to journalist because it's what he's good at a
And just because other journalists aren't doing very good doesn't mean Clark and Lois can't.

Journalism is more important now than it has been in the past 40 years.

Trump is making America great again.

Clark isn't a journalist for truth and justice. He's a journalist because he enjoys writing and is also good at it.

Depends on the kind of journalist.

Restoring his old history didn't make him a young twenty-something struggling to make his way in a career increasingly struggling to find an audience who cares and focuses more on ads an puff pieces for readership.
It made him a professional thirty-something with two separate Pulitzer Prizes and a history of genuinely great investigative journalism.

He's a good enough reporter with enough of a history that he could start a blog and pay for his lifestyle just with ad revenue.

He's certainly making journalism profitable again.
I'm genuinely making more money in the last six months then I did almost the entire of LAST YEAR. It's great for readership and ad revenue sales.

A doctor leaving during surgery to fight Metallo would not bode well.
A journalist being absent or claiming to be on the scene can be excused.

Whatever career he'd have would need to allow him to disappear often and without too much question as to what he was doing, and no a field medic wouldn't help either because then he'd have to decide between being seen as Clark on the ground while the JL are dealing with things or Superman in the sky while his team is wondering where the fuck that skirting piece of shit Kent is when they're short on hands full of injured who need immediate medical attention.
No amount of super speed would allow him to multi-task the myriad problems after a while. He'd have to choose between keeping up appearances or solving the larger problem.

Wow I accidentally a half a sentence.
>because it's what he's good at and it's convenient for his other job

>Being a journalist isn't exactly as well known for truth and justice these days as it used to be.
Then thats exactly why he should be a journalist, dummy.

I'd fucking love to see a Superman or Daily Planet comic which takes the piss out of the 24 hour news cycle.

That's the kind of political commentary that is actually super relevant in today's America.

> Superman or Daily Planet comic which takes the piss out of the 24 hour news cycle.
Seconding this

Clark isn't really a reporter he just gives the big stories to Lois and writes what he is told to write.... hey wait a minute

How has there not been a Super Rogue who's a corrupt journalist? Some weasely motherfucker who manufactures news stories in order to get the big scoop.

>In this new upcoming comic, Clark Kent joins Buzzfeed to take down the evil businessman turned politican Don Drumpf!

Isn't that what Livewire originally was?

Well, well, hear me out.
Journalism used to be about investigating stuff. Now, it's about writing opinion pieces and that wouldn't suit honest-fight for truth-Clark.
What if, he became a private investigator instead?

There's a fuckton of investigative journalism going on, and opinion pieces have always been an important part of journalism. Just because most opinion pieces today automatically make half the country hate you and the other half clap like retarded seals doesn't change that.

A private investigator is a pretty different kind of occupation. I could never really see Clark doing that.

Also motherfucking Morgan Edge. I can't believe I forgot about that guy.

That's just regular journalism these days.

>superman having to put up with vid related

youtube.com/watch?v=57qTegcMT3g

I feel like there's already been a comic book about this

It's kinda been done.

There was.
You just don't read that many comics.

That was pretty good. Cat was fucking adorable.