Secret Empire: Brave New World #1 Storytime

It wouldn't be a line-wide event comic without the obligatory anthology comic.

Featuring yet another Jim Hammond story by Robinson.

Wait... this Jim Hammond story ISN'T written by Robinson? I just assumed it was. Weird.

This says that Paul Allor wrote the Invaders story

Yeah, I was wrong. I just got so used to every Robinson book featuring Hammond while everyone else at Marvel ignores him that I just assumed this one was by Robinson, too.

You made the mistake of assuming that if Jim Hammond shows up somewhere it's forced. It makes perfect sense for Jim Hammond to be in this story, he Toro and Namor are Cap's oldest friends now that Bucky is gone.

How is Namor alive? Didn't Hyperion and the Squadron Supreme decapitate him after Secret Wars?

Superman and Green Lantern went back in time and saved him in the last few issues.

Long story shory, the Squadron Supreme used time-travel to bring him back because they needed him.

More I assumed that Robinson was the only person at Marvel who cared about him enough to actually use him, but yeah.

Hyperion felt bad about it so he got involved in a convulated time-travel plot and brought him back to life. Then he quit the Squadron and helped Namor rebuild Atlantis to make amends.

Wait, Namor rules Lemuria now too? Since when?

Good ol' Grizzly.

>Expecting anything of Namor
They dug their own graves.

God that was dumb. Fucker blew up planets and got away with it

Have some goddamn conviction Hyperion

Sounds terrible.
Glad I didn't finish reading SS

You can tell this isn't Robinson because Toro isn't doing his stupid purple Inhuman gas thing

And now for a Gwenpool story that isn't written by Hastings. I'm sure you all know how well that usually goes.

Grizzly's suit is an exoskeleton that gives him super-strength, right?

I was kinda excited when I heard that there was gonna be a Gwenpool entry in this, but this is really disappointing. I was hoping to see her blindsided by this since the Captain Hydra reveal happened after she got isekai'd.

OK, this actually made me laugh.

Yeah, they could have done something clever with this or even just have her do some meta-commentary about event comics. Instead we got a half-assed joke comic where she could have been removed entirely and nothing would have changed since the story is basically about the broadcaster.

Just so you guys know, in the Marvel Universe, Ophion is actually Elder God Set.

Namor keeps being based. Putting the security of his people above his personal morals.

hahahaha the Pym curse strikes

Probably since Llyra turned into a giant sea snake woman and fucked off to worship Set and guard the serpent crown.

Why does Jim need a mask, he's not human?

But Toro, you don't have fire anymore just some purple gas.

Reminder that all new all different Patriot blew up a bank, presumably killing dozens

To keep water out of his system. He may not drown but it's probably hard to talk when your artificial lungs are clogged with water.

>no creator names on the cover
>2017

Is Secret Wars going to have a Chthon vs Set thing?

>boyfriend cucks him and fucks off to Portland
Also, what happened with Scott Lang back then? I didn't really follow his run

Where do the bat soldiers come from? I don't remember seeing them before

Caves?

Scott was put on trial for breaking into Cross Enterprises and was put in jail for a while

Of course he was covering for Cassie who was working for a supervillain at the time.

Raz should know all of this. He testified at Scott's trial via teleconference (he was in space with the Ultimates)

He threw a molotov at the entrance IIRC, it didn't even hit the door. It doesn't make what he did any better, but he's not a killer

Belfries?

this was painful

This is why I Sup Forums. You anons know more about continuity than the creators and writers themselves.

I also like to think that Namor is also imprisoning them so they don't go and get themselves killed by Hydracap.

Namor cares too much about Jim.

That said it's weird he's neutral in here when in the last issue of Secret Empire Steve is going to go after him because he has a piece of Kobik and he won't give it too Steve.

The writer of this story seems pretty on the ball with continuity, he's incorporated pretty much all of Raz's history so far, and made logical developments from each plot point

>Raz was living with his boyfriend in SF when he was introduced and given the Giant-Man gear, but suddenly up and moved to Florida so he could be part of the Ant-Man cast (no wonder the boyfriend dumped him).
>Giant-Man was working for Ant-Man Security Solutions but Scott went to jail so of course it shut down so he's unemployed
>Raz wasn't at the trial because he was in space with the Ultimates, therefore he was away from Earth for an extended period of time which explains why he didn't see the outcome of the trial and how disappeared on his boyfriend for months (again explains why he got dumped)

Honestly this is some expert use of continuity for a really minor character

It wasn't Champions Gwenpool. It can never be that painful.

Under old bridges?

Attics?

Jim lost his flame powers?

AGAIN?!?

The dude's old, cut him some slack. How many times has Cap lost his Super Soldier Serum, or Namor lost Atlantis?

Nighthawk threw some device at him that took his ability to create fire away but he can still put out radiation.

Of course Namor would put them in his dungeons, he can't do something nice for someone with first looking a dick or else it would ruin his reputation.

Oh look it's Captain Nigger On A Goblin Glider

lesbian Carol is so Unappealing

Robinson said Hammond would appear in his Scarlet Witch book, but he never did.

I mean, by putting him in his dungeon, he's actually giving him the sanctuary he was seeking.

Wasn't there a cover art showing some Mermaids stitching Namor's head back on?

>Robinson's Invaders
>turns into a Jim Hammond ongoing
>Robinson's Fantastic Four
>Robinson's Squadron Supreme
>Jim Hammond arc
>NOT written by Robinson

I'm as surprised as you are, OP.

> Pietro puts Serpent's Crown on Scarlet Witch's head.

> Chthon loses control because he is having to fight off Set. Wanda breaks free in the ensuing fight and cucks them both.

> Literally Crowning Moment of Awesome

I like this Giant-Man. He reminds me of Peter Parker except Indian and gay.

That all new all different patriot you blind motherfucker, you can tell because he doesn't have wings.

It has to happen every few years so that people don't mistake him for Johnny, he'll get them back after a while.

To be fair, he's being drawn as a jacked super-soldier here when in all of his comic appearances so far, he's a skinny little teenager.