Which franchise deserved a series? Mulan or Pocahontas?

Which franchise deserved a series? Mulan or Pocahontas?

Neither, which is how it worked out.

Mulan, Pocahontas was only ever going one direction.

They are both better as self-contained narratives because they are both set in real world history

Mulan.

I say this as someone who honestly enjoyed Pocahontas- it's not series material. What would the premise be? Pre-contact SoL? At least with Mulan you have magic and army stuff to work with. Also, Poca herself is a peaceful character- that's the point of the movie. Mulan lends herself better to action and adventure.

I wouldn't mind watching a show about Pocahontas' daily life

Umm yea magic dragons is real world history you fucking dumbass

Mulan

Atlantis

This

First post got it.

I'd agree with this.

I doubt Mulan is a true story. She's a flk hero character like Robin Hood.

Mulan is based on a Chinese myth

>Mulan and her gang become basically Ancient Chinese Special Agents who are sent all over the Dynasty to solve unique problems
>Villains of the week are based either on Chinese Myth, Folklore, or History
>Episode where Ancient Chinese wizard makes Ping a real person separate from Mulan
Would watch

You mean total genocide, right?

As far as a I know Powhatan extermination never occurred within Rebecca's lifetime.
He means more her father's betrayal, her conversion, her immigration and relatively untimely death. I'm sure 2 has a g-rated version of all that.

I love pocahontas but come on

>a tv show about some boring indians doing regular shit

vs

>fucking chinese history
>dragons
>fireworks
>chinese landscapes

as someone who has lived in china for only half a year, I can say that they could exploit the SHIT out of the scenery itself. that alone could be a goddamn selling point but they are basically kind of doing that with kung fu panda (I think)

Chinese won't dig it unless it's respectful as fuck. They won't be.
When people read about the actual history of the woman named as Mulan, the feminist types will throw an outright shitfit.
Little girls do not give a single solitary dam about fightan and what not. The abject failure of kim possible, buffy the vampire slayer, and the second avatar should tell you all you need to know.

>That unmade Gargoyles crossover with the Atlantis series that never was
Didn't they do a reading of it in one of the Gatherings?

Neither; because even giving them sequels really fucked with the magic.

>he doesn't know about the Yellow Emperor

>The abject failure of kim possible, buffy the vampire slayer,