What did Texans think of this episode?

What did Texans think of this episode?

Who cares? Nobody cares about dumb old Texas.

What did you say about Texas?

YOU CAIN'T SAY NOTHIN ABOUT TEXAS

Non native, but lived there for about ten years.

Most kids I knew took it in stride, laughed at it, and accepted Sandy as a comic exaggeration of Texan regionalism.

I wnt to fuck Sandy.

The stars at night are dull and dim, whenever they have to be over dumb ol' stupid Texas!

Well, obviously. Sandy was too intelligent to be an accurate representation of Texas.

How do you think HE would take this?

What did australians think of this episode?

They got really mad.

I said Texas was dumb and nobody cares about people from there.

this is a very accurate reputation of ausieshits

How did Canadians think of the Canada episode of KOTH

UUUUUGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Aussie here, it's considered a pretty great episode, Australian stereotype pushed to the extreme.

The whole Chazzwozzer thing is a little too apt considering the weirdly named shit here though.

>What did Texans think of this episode?
Vincent Waller, the writer of this episode was a native texan so they probably found it funny

I can't speak for everyone but I liked it, it was pretty funny

What did New Orleans think of this episode?

What did Britbongs think of this episode?

Dude shit was funny needed a patty melt in somewhere

I thought it was hilarious as a kid. Still quote it a decent bit.

As a brit it made me chuckle when I was 16.

>The british are a lovely people. Not physically of course but inside

What did Sweden think of this episode?

No way barnacle head

What did Canadians think of the South Park movie?

One of the best SpongeBob episodes.

YOU SON OF A BI- *cans.wav*

i think it was a good way for texas to get more known in this sad lonely world

lived in the lone star state when i was 5 to 7 spongbob came out when i lived in the Copper state, didn't care just thought it was jovial hilarity.

Houstonfag here
>pea can pies
>barby Qs
>ten gallon hats
That show was too good.

>Houston
>thinks thats real Texas

Houston's just the nearest big city. I'm actually from Angleton.

Texan here. This episode is pretty great.

Reminder that he's coming back July 4th

I'm Texan, I thought it was pretty funny even as a kid.

>Oh my god... it's a gay bar!

FUCK YOU TEXAS, AND FUCK YOUR LONE STAR BEER.

>tfw we will never have good trolls calling up anymore, now it's just tryhard edgy preteens calling.

Haven't seen this one yet. It's great.

>Texans
>think

>Living that close to the coast

How's hurricane season fellow Texas friend?

What did Canadians think of Dan vs Canada?

>this thread

Haven't been hit in 9 years, so pretty good.

I built a new pole line down there for work a few years ago, on the Harris reservoir. I swear to god Angleton is purgatory. No wind, no rain, just insane heat and humidity all day. Almost got bit by moccasins nearly once or twice a week around those parts too. I disliked it almost as much as I dislike living in Houston, I just wanna move back up to Maine

fin fact the creator of king of the hill was born in garland, texas. Arlen comes from garland but drop the g and d.

yes, the same garland, texas thats in zombieland. yes at night garland does look like that.

i thought it was funny as fuck. you see some ten gallon hats and cowboy boots.

hes not wrong.

My grandfather legit hates Texas

Weather's a bitch for sure. I spent Christmas last year in shorts with the AC on.

Texan here, I've lived in Texas my whole life.

I thought it was funny and didn't take offense lol.

your grandfather is a faggot

it's true the legend of the giant beer?

Nah he's a wonderful man so I'm inclined to believe him

We had a shrimp boil for Christmas this year. It was great.

The fact check confirmed it.
Dubs don't lie, so your grandpappy is a faggot

im sure you do, faggot

haha my sides

I just liked that there was a character from Texas who was an intelligent scientist instead of a redneck.

vajingo

Please god no

ooooh this is good

cute!

What did they do for the French version of the Gary bath episode since it has that scene where Spongebob says the French restaurant is speaking another language?

Who cares.

America I don't quite know how to tell you this but

you know how you have a non-standard system of customary measures, based on the old English Customary measures in use from around the 1500s but abandoned by the UK and its Empire (comprising most of the nations of the world that had ever used those measures) in the 1850s for the newer Imperial measures, which were themselves only standardised in the 1890s by reference to the Metric standards laid down in continental Europe, formally adopted by the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada in the 1960s as their standard, but abandoned by Australia just five years later in favour of metrication (Australia now no longer allows the legal sale of goods by any other standard) and later even by the UK, originator of the Imperial standard, as it entered the EU and found metrication to be a far more rational system, being a custom-made one rather than an inherited system of quirks designed o rationalise everything around the "average" length of a monarch's foot?

well

your fluid ounces are roughly equivalent to Imperial fl.oz, but

your pints are only 16 fl.oz, whereas an Imperial pint is 20 fl.oz

and the Brits - and their former dominions, except you - drink Imperial pints of beer

except where they drink metric beers, which is where it gets tricky

because of Europe going metric, the old Pinte du Roi (royal pint) is no longer served, but because it's close enough you now get a full liter when you ask for that, and that's just Europe

in the UK you can still get a so-called "yard" of beer, which is served in a special "yard" glass, which is supposed to be a yard long (.914 meters) but has no actual measure associated with it (as a novelty serving intended to be used in competitive drinking, it's rarely used as it's associated with alcohol poisoning); it's around 1 and a half liters in volume, but supposed to be drunk in seconds to "win"

around this time you might like to google Hogarth

cont

Australian glassware for beer has historically been quite demure, with measures much smaller than a pint (and likely deriving from the same Brit hand-sized origins as your own beer mugs) available, but after metrication these have tended to become larger (as a result of demand, most likely)

however

Australian beer bottles have always had large top-end serving sizes; a typical carton of beer bottles is around 9 liters (2 imperial gallons, 2.4 US gallons), while some individual bottles (growlers) can be as large as 2 liters (4.2 US pints)

so yeah

and you want to know something else

that scene in Lord of the Rings where one of the Hobbits gets a pint?

they're laughing at you

My dad told me only retards watch spongebob, so I never watched spongebob

Were you allowed to watch any cartoons?

>Texans
>think

Whatever you wanna tell yourself, nerd.

it was fine, the guy was an arrogant elitist who happened to be Canadian. He considered himself superior to Hank in every way, beyond nationality

>arrogant elitist

He was just an ass, dude, don't stretch it.

really? is he single?

No. He's also 92

I liked it. Sorry.

92 is my lucky number

Are you talking about the episode in the last season? I meant that the Canadian insisted on everything he owned was the best, and everything he did was the best method.

I think it was to compare how Canadians think their above Americans in a lot of ways, thus an elitist.

Yeah my dad didn't care what I watched as long as it wasn't spongebob. My mom was the same but for family guy.

WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT TEXAS?

Came for this

>Fuck Oklahoma
What the hell did we do to you?

What about American Dad?

as a kid it made me realize I'm big shit for living in Texas.

You're kind of a shithole.

We fucking love it.

Made me feel ashamed of having one of the best hospitals and economies in the world

The worst (and most inaccurate) episode I have ever seen.

>What did Texans think of this episode?
I thought Sandy was a pretty good representation of a reasonable Texan.

t. born and raised in Houston

I didn't really watch Spongebob as a kid. I was in my teens and preteens at the time, so I was more about the action stuff that was airing on Toonami.

When I was a kid I thought it was cool that a cartoon was referencing my state, and I still find it really funny.

Inaccurate in what way?

I'm not Canadian (about as geographically far from Canada as you can get in North America, really) but from the several times I've been to Canada, I gotta say that the episode is pretty goddamn accurate with the passive-aggressive backhand compliments the Canadian family kept making toward the Hills and company. I saw that exact kind of attitude all the time among people up there.

If you weren't at least an older teen when American Dad came out then you're too young for this website.

>AmDad premiered in 2005
>someone who was 6 when it first aired can now legally post here

Hank Hill banned Bobby from watching Nickelodeon.

you gave us tornadoes

Everyone I know loves it

Really didn't remind me of any Canadians I've ever met.
I'm from Vancouver, so maybe thats more of a Toronto personality.
Even so it felt alien.
The accent was definitely eastern.
When I go down to Washington, Oregon, or California, I don't detect an accent among most English speakers. Maybe because 90% of the media I've seen is produced in Cali.

Its just not a very good episode IMO.
I don't mind episodes where Hank gets frustrated by something, but this felt like unremitting antagonism. There was no levity. No punchline.
I understand the premise of "Canadians subvert expectations by being rude.", but this felt like an unrefined way of fleshing that idea out.

I need to watch it. Season/ep?

s4e2