You can't read words in your dream!

>You can't read words in your dream!
>Read words in my dream last night

What did they mean by this?

Obsdfiously thaaiisee iszz thare duurrlleeamnmmn

>faggots thinking they read words in their dreams again.

>You die in the dream, you die for real!
>Dreamed about being mauled by a bear last night
Still waiting.

Is that true or not? I've had many, many dreams where I try to read but can't. So dream me just keeps reading it over and over again, Hell-bent on getting it right.

You can't read in the real world either Boco.

I read text in dreams all the time. That said, checking to see if the text is the same or not after looking away is a good way to know if you're dreaming.

Tetch is an engineer not an expert.

You cant read in a dream
BUT you can if you're lucid dreaming, and occasionally you'll see text and derive meaning form it, but you wont actually read the words as they are

Thts a danm drty li an yu kno it.

Real talk, it is often used as a reality check (Google lucid dreaming or ask about it in /x/) because it generally is the case. You often can't turn on/off lights and other things. That being say it isn't impossible to read or turn on/off lights in a dream. It is just generally your brain won't allow you. Saying that something is impossible in a dream is just outright stupid when lucid dreamers can tell you otherwise.

That was reality m8, this is the dream

They say you remember reading after you wake up. That in the dream itself you can't read because it comes up garbled. As stated above it's often used as a reality check for lucid dreaming. Clocks work the same way. Look at a clock twice in a row and it won't read the same thing twice. Also when you look it will often be something that's not on a clock like 69:30 or 3a:7p

With all of those years with Scarecrow fucking with his ass I bet Bruce is training himself to be lucid at all times even when sleeping. That and he is so fucking smart at this point that may as well be his superpower. Batman nowadays just sound like one of those Deviantart characters "Well my character is so smart that he can counter any superpowers even though he doesn't have his own!" So being able to outsmart his own dream isn't that much of an asspull when the creators already have their whole arms cover in shit.

Everyone has their own tricks to wake up, if you've heard that you can't read shit in your dreams, of course in your brain, it gonna be a way to see if it's a dream or not since you won't be able to read shit

For me, i will be able to read and do other shit, but what sets it apart is either the placement of objects, different things being around, or being a place completely different of where i usually am. Just last night i was dreaming of being a father to a kid at school, she was getting prepared for a play on stage but me? I was just out of stealing a bank but i came for her anyway. And then when i got out of school, i became the me in real life and went to a store, told the cashier i can do whatever i want because it's a dream, and eat chocolate in her face

Is there a comic or cartoon that focus on dreams anyway?

Reading in my dreams is interesting. I usually can read actual text but if I go back to look at it, it's different. There have also been times where I heavily struggle to read something in my dream, like it's a big strain. Either way, it's never like reading in real life, but it's not as simple as Perchance to Dream put it. That's still my all-time favorite BTAS episode though.

That depend.

I could never read any actual book or written message unless it was presented in a big format. Like once i saw a giant wall with huge "NO" written on it. Maybe my brain just imagined two letters as simple pictures or something rather than word.

Didn't that episode imply that Bruce want to get married to Selina Kyle as much as he want his parents alive?
Seems like current comics finally returned to their roots instead fucking around with Wonder Woman or Talia.

I've read in my dream before. Just a month ago, I remember seeing a big billboard in my dream, and it said
>/ck/: Sup Forums's Bestiality Board!

I casually read books in my dream. Words which actually make sense. I once dreamed about studying and the pages of the book were actual formulas and letters arranged in a logical order. The entire formulas with a step by step instruction about how to apply it. Wierd thing was only that after I turned pages a recipe for Chocolate Muffins appeared, but other than that I can read and create books in my dreams.

>90s show
>Batmans roots
user...

lol if Batman was true to his roots then he would kill people with no issues instead of being like "only my car can have guns".

Hell the NES Batman game was more true to the original idea of batman. A rich guy with a ton of crap in his belt protecting the city by doing what the law couldn't, the game ends with him killing Joker by pushing him off a rooftop.

Nobody says that, user.

You're thinking of either the Matrix, or supernatural dreams caused by Freddy Krueger.

I'm not musically inclined at all but I know at least twice I've made up a song. Not that I could remember it at all after waking. Somewhere deep in my subconscious I know the pop song formula.

>Is there a comic or cartoon that focus on dreams anyway?
The dream episode of Clarence is pretty much everything we're talking about in this thread.

His own creators were the ones to stop writing him using guns and killing. It happened only a year after his creation,

>The Dreaming has every book never written in its library
>You still can't read them because they're in a fucking Dream

Fucking Morpheus.

TAS is the main canon for Batman after early Adam West era

You weren't dreaming

There was a webcomic about dream lesbians. It was shit, but it still had interesting visuals the last half and dream lesbians.

Its still not batmans roots.
I don't even mind the catwoman x Batman paring but Batman is old as shit dude

Here I though B:TASfags weren't this delusional.

Forced by an editor.

a few weeks ago I woke up because I couldn't read words in my dream. Wouldnt be surprised if one of the writers had a similar experience and added it as a plot point

>Everyone has their own tricks to wake up
I'm stuck at this point that if I being to suspect I'm dreaming, I just think "Well then I'll just wake up" and then I fucking wake up in sleep paralysis.

Pathetic.
Same technique, different result.

Though sometimes if I'm not rest enough after a long day of work I go into a series of false awakenings first that I have to walk around in and test the solidity of until I really get up.

>He hasn't figured out he is still in the dream

>occasionally you'll see text and derive meaning form it, but you wont actually read the words as they are

That's the same thing as regular reading. You don't have a magical "as they are" word knowing experience when you read in real life either. You just take in light through your eyes and have reactions to it.

Him still being in the dream wouldn't resolve his complaint. If he died in his dream and hes still in his dream then that'd mean he didn't die in real life like he was supposed to.

When you realize you're dreaming, spin onto yourself to lucid dream instead of waking up, like that you'll be able to enjoy whatever you want in your dreams

The Matrix isn't real, dumbass

dying in dreams is always such a rush. One of my favorite things about dreams, falling and dying. The best deaths are the ones where I put up a huge struggle against whatevers trying to kill me. But they eventually surround, and disarm. Dragging out the execution so my heart is about to explode then boom. Awake in a white hot rushing pain covered in sweat. So fucking awesome.

>Dream of finding something rare or valuable in a dream
>wake up
>those few moments before you realize you don't actually have it

Why do they say never look in a mirror when you're lucid dreaming

>Snaaake Eeeaterrr~

Fuck off boco

>Is there a comic or cartoon that focus on dreams anyway?
Nightmare Ned, in which every episode is some kind of dream the titular character is having.

Always ends with him getting a bad end that jolts him awake.

>the rare and valuable thing is a gf

This happens to me more times than i'd like to admit.

user, you only die if you die in your dream.
But if you die in a dream that's inside a dream you don't actually die.

It's time to wake up, you're going to be late if you don't get up now.