Why don't South Park characters erroneously attribute Star Trek quotes to Jesus Christ anymore?

They did that? I legit don't remember.

at least twice, yeah

I know there was an episode where Stan kept saying "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" was from the Bible, don't know any other examples tho

Because the primary audience (kids and big kids (young 'adults') won't get the references. Star Trek isn't a thing anymore, you know. Discovery will not change that.

>Discovery will not change that.
Your an idiot the new STD will be the best trek yet since it will have a WOMAN as the lead character not just some throwaway trash like Janeway was, also the new series is focused less on scifi as the creators said to focus more on interpersonal relationships.

You clearly underestimate Star Trek and the power STD will have probably because your a manchild.

that was one of em

South Park drops bits and characters, that's why it's not completely stale like Family Guy or Simpsons.

Streaming only.

So only the edxisting fan base will watch it. Until it gets pirated.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

>interpersonal relationships
Just what we need: Another show full of attractive young actors and actresses that focuses on who is having sex with who. This is totally going to stand out from the crowd.

Star Trek fans aren't the target demographic, user. fans of the Big Bang Theory are.

The bit I miss most is them using actual photos of celebrity faces whenever they make fun of someone. Really wish they'd bring that back.

If you're implying a large part of the star trek fandom isn't big on fictional characters hooking up and screwing around, you'd be wrong. Hell, they were mailing eachother fanfiction before the internet made around to do it for them.

That's what hurts me.

Because Trey's wife's son doesn't know what Star Trek is

Remember the scene from the homeschooled kids episode that was almost word for word a star trek scene?

Stan said to Jesus: "Don't try to be a great man, just be a man" when he was boxing against Satan

I remember the planetarium episode, which was pretty much word for word a Star Trek episode.

>focused less on scifi as the creators said to focus more on interpersonal relationships.
That's literally the opposite of what Rodenberry wanted

>Janeway
>trash
OH SWEET BAIT I'M GOING IN

>Janeway
>not trash

No user, you are the bait.