Old comicbooks that you used to read

I remember the time when I arrived home after school and read my new issue of “Big Bad Beetleborgs”.
But up to this day I still don’t understand why they cancelled the series… what do you think Sup Forums, those rumors about Arthur Fortunes turning insane and saying Beetleborgs were real and were actually 3 kids had anything to do with that? Some kind of marketing ploy by an oldtimer?

P.S.: This was my first issue, but I lost it when I moved.

Other urls found in this thread:

beetleborg.wikia.com/wiki/Lester_"Les"_Fortunes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was a huge 2099 reader as a little kid.

Wasn't Art Fortunes the author of Karato and Silver Ray too? What happens to those comics?

That's B-Fighter idiot.

>But up to this day I still don’t understand why they cancelled the series
It was based off of a tokusatsu show in Japan called B-Fighter. They ran out of footage from that show and the B-Fighter ended by that point.

> those rumors about Arthur Fortunes turning insane and saying Beetleborgs were real and were actually 3 kids had anything to do with that? Some kind of marketing ploy by an oldtimer?
Beetleborgs was a live action series. I didn't even know it had a comic book. It went for about a year until they ran out of footage from the series they were taking footage from.

The sequel to Beetleborgs in Japan was some stupid kid shit that ruined the entire series, as in it was one of the most popular live-action shows in Japan but ended up nosediving into oblivion because they tried using Mcdonalds mascots for protagonists.

Saban, as greedy as he is, recognized that the sequel was poison to his franchise, so he just didn't continue it.

Well aren't you guys smart.

I'm actually sad that the brother was arrested for who knows what crime... Les' stories were far superior than Art's...

I still have a mint copy of Brain Sucker

What crime did he do, anyway? I mean yeah, his art was kinda gory, but I never pictured him as a killer.

I always preferred those to Beetleborgs, honestly

A friend and I even cosplayed them at a con, pic related

Rumors said he was looked up in solitary confinement for murdering someone.

I think it was probably just because of illegal drug possession... I mean just look at his comics.

Sadly they weren't as popular as Beetleborgs, not even the crossover comic was able to save them from getting the axe.

Good point.

Looks like something out of those weird Japanese shows.

>RAVAGE

Literally who?

Have you seen the guy's face? The guy was probably wasted 24/7

Maybe he's just a weaboo. Lots of people in this town apparently are.

I swear, its impossible for me to turn the TV on and have it NOT playing Samurai Pizza Cats.

I always hated how much of a diva Fortunes was... always dressed in fancy clothes and colors, made him look like a character from a children's TV Show...

He was also clearly disturbed when fans approached him, just look at those poor Jara, Noxic, and Typhus cosplayers just trying to take a photo.

>He was also clearly disturbed when fans approached him

I once went to a meet and greet with him and he was really nice, he even sook my hand after getting his sign.

Those cosplayers were just being really pushy

I always assumed he was gay.

Always my favorite comic. Vexor turned into a bit of a jobber by issue 35, though.

Did anyone ever hear about the possible inclusion of a triceratops themed villain? What ever happened with that?

Any word on why he willingly went back to prison? Is Les unJUSTing?

Apparently the idea of the triceratops themed villain was Les' original, and while he never got to use him in a comic due to his incarceration, the copyright was already his.

But wasn't the follow-up comic, Metallix, a collaboration between the Fortunes brothers?

I mean, I heard the original prototype of the triceratops villain was the basis for Nukus, whose design was indeed Les'

Les only did the character design for the villains in Metallix, but the overall plot and art was Art's... but after some issues regarding copyrights, the publisher just decided to cancel after issue #35, leaving us with the cliffhanger...

It was an original character not based on any previous character concept.

I was actually glad with the cancellation. Let's be real, after the Astralborgs/Mantrons story arc (Which I heard was based on a storyline the Fortunes bros came up with as children) the comic really lost its spark.

I read a long time ago that there were some cool story arcs planned, like the Beetleborgs travelling back to the past and joining forces with their non-Metallix selves, or that Josh returned for a few issues after temporarily recovering the powers of the the White Blaster Beetleborg, this time armed a kick-ass gun.

Mostly old 90s X-Men comics, mainly because that's all I could get my hands on at the local flea market. I was lucky if I found something different.

I read a long time ago that there were some cool story arcs planned, like the Beetleborgs travelling back to the past and joining forces with their non-Metallix selves

Aw, that would have been nuts, especially if they arrived in the period before Red Striker's redesign.

beetleborg.wikia.com/wiki/Lester_"Les"_Fortunes

>The black sheep in the Fortunes family, Art's younger brother. For some unexplained reason, he ended up in jail; it's most likely due to the nature of the comics he draws.

That's pretty fucked up, what, did he do some Mike Diana-type shit in his comics?

>Punisher 61

Now there's a shit comic. People must have dumped it in droves, I have a copy of it too.