So Sup Forums do you play superhero rpgs or ever wanted to like pic related

so Sup Forums do you play superhero rpgs or ever wanted to like pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwu7qRgOIpEkV0Rud3NBRFlqOHM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Firstly. Tried playing a worm oneshot using paranoia's system for mutant powers. It was pretty good.

Yeah its fun if you have friends who actually like superheroes and comic books instead of all making edgy anime characters and tacticlones.

I played M&M 2e back in the day. It was fun. DCA/3e is "better" in a sense but I don't like how stripped-down the powers are (RIP Disintegrate).

If Sup Forums and Sup Forums shit can be discussed on Sup Forums then /tg/ shit can stay.

I've run them a couple times because the only other DM in my group just wants to run D&D. All I want is to play a super hero game.

I've always wanted to run a classic superhero game in DC fashion with secret lairs, sidekicks, and alter-ego's. Problem is all my dnd group knows is marvel movies so it's all jetpack aliens and battlesuits.

Also mutants and masterminds is kind of a clunky system. It's hard to find a middle ground between horribly overpowered and horribly underpowered characters. Plus its just generally overly complicated.

I've been looking at all sorts just never got the opportunity to play any of them

Wild Talents
Godlike
M&M (regular and DC Adventures)
Marvel Superheroes RPG
Marvel Heroic (played a bit with some anons from co years ago)
Mighty Six

Alternatively you could go with a more narrative-driven system like FATE. It's a little loosey-goosey in terms of mechanics but it works if you want to have the wide spectrum of powers and abilites that superheroes have without having to flip through 50 pages of powers and rules to find the ones that match your characters.

Basically you just come up with concepts like "Speedster" or "Pirate Queen" or "Magic Worm monster" then come up with a couple of tricks or talents they can do that relates to it. Like, you come across a locked door. You can invoke your speedster's "vibrating moluecules" trick to make a test to melt the lock.

Yeah, I play a lot of Mutants and Masterminds. I'm also starting an Avatar campaign as GM tomorrow using FATE.

If anyone is interested, I've been working on Marvel and DC heroes in the PC format-15 PP per Power Level-for Mutants and Masterminds 3E.

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwu7qRgOIpEkV0Rud3NBRFlqOHM

Yeah, I have run several long campaigns. I used V&V for ages, but last time we used ICONS, and that was great.

Who is that skull villain & what are his powers?
Thanks!

The skull guy is Omega, Lord of the Terminus. He's basically the Darkseid analogue in M&M's big lovin' homage to Kirby's Fourth World. If I remember right, along with being super-strong and in command of vast armies, he wields entropic energy.

thank you good sir

ICONS seems to be a great choice for a quick pick-up game but I can't see it it working as a long-term game.

The only superhero RPG that I've ever found enjoyable was Rob Liefeld's BloodP.O.U.C.H. which I ran a modified version of with my RPG ground. It was fun. Not something we'd want to do often, but made for a good short session RPG to do between campaigns.

I always wanted to play rpgs, but I never found anybody to play with.

It worked fine for us. Ymmv.

Used to run Marvel Heroic Roleplaying for my friends and family circa the first Avengers. That shit was awesome. I used to pull old comics out of my boxes and whip them into scenarios on the fly. I don't think I ever ran a game where somebody didn't have fun cause the whole system was tailored to breezing along and going everyone their time to shine. And when you need to end a session on a down note you just load up on Doom Pool dice and bring the house down around the heroes while they struggle in vain to stop you.

Great game to play and DM. Wish it still got support. I'm still salty about them cancelling the Annihilation Conquest sourcebook.

I like how Freedom City's Kid Flash expy was the son of the DC Captain Marvel expy. It was a clever twist.

You three should exchange contact info.

I think there's an off-brand follow-up in the form of the Cortex System from the same studio.

I've ran a couple Shadowrun campaigns for my friends based with runs I totally ripped off from comics. What I really want to do is buy the Hellboy RPG and run that.

I have never had the chance to play a cape RPG, my RPG group doesn't reunite too to often, hell a 4 dungeon campaign took us a fucking year, it really hurts but we click so well
I'm dying to play in an ERP a fedora wearing detective like The Green Hornet, The Shadow or The Phantom Strange and Kato will be a submissive maid but I don't have somebody to play her

>I think there's an off-brand follow-up in the form of the Cortex System from the same studio.
Was meant for

>FATE
Fuck you

>Also mutants and masterminds is kind of a clunky system.
I prefer BASH Ultimate Edition, it's close to M&M, but simple

I love the entirety of the Freedom City setting (though I find Emerald City to be a little boring), because it's nearly 100% expy, homage, and ersatz heroes and villains.

Has anyone tried Prowlers and Paragons?

I've always wanted to play this, but it seems like not many people share my sentiments, so I can't find a game.

It really is the best thing to do for a generic pre-made RPG setting
Take easily recognizable archetypes and tweak them as needed

You guys just need one more and you'll have a good-sized group.