Has any other human character in a kids show violently died like that?

Has any other human character in a kids show violently died like that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/umB0lLstVz4
youtu.be/8BTMX7gOf-k?t=239
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And this wasn't the only murder.

yeah

It's not exactly a death if the character fucking lives.

The point isn't the killing off, I'm talking about the actual violence. He had his neck broken and skull cracked on screen with no white flash or anything

It wasn't a violent death, it was PG as hell, and he didn't die.

Context?

No

Hot Dog Water

Broke free of his brainwashing minutes before being fatally injured, then died offscreen, either from his injuries or murdered by the Dai Li agents.

It was not violent, retard. Now this is a fucked up death

And the credibility of aforementioned was immediately destroyed as a false alarm afterwards shattering whatever impact the storytellers purposefully wanted you to feel.

or the one where the guy gets crushed by the tire

A LOT of people in the Star Wars cartoons

Is SU the first cartoon you underaged kids have seen?

It's seems like every time SU does something a bit violent it's OMG SO DARK HOW'D THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS when it's nothing compared to a bunch of other shit that's come out.

He was brought back to life by literal magic, yes. That's not my point

>offscreen
>also implying Jet even died lmfao

Most of them aren't underaged kids, just immature adults who don't actually watch other cartoons and just come here for SU and pretend to be fans of animation.

Korra S1 ending

The character was rezzed. To be rezzed, they had to be dead.

So they died.

Bunny from PPG
Multiple Galalunan army mooks in Sym-Bionic Titan
The Doom patrol and B'Wana Beast in BATB
So many people in Star Wars Clone Wars, The Clone Wars, and Rebels
Dan Turpin in STAS
Joker in the batman beyond movie.
Most of the DC villains in the JLU finale got spaced

Well, they showed Shredder killing (by accident) Splinter's wife in TMNT

Happened with Adventure Time too.

HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS STUFF????

A hundred year old evil parrot used his army of nazi killbots to murder a friend of the Scooby Gang who was messing with his plans to summon a interdimesional alien/demon.

Shredder getting fucking beheaded in the second generation TMNT series.

But it turns out he was actually an Utrom in a robot suit so that didn't matter.

He actually did get beheaded in the newest series however.

to be fair that's not a children's cartoon

Ehh thats sad
But not exactly onscreen

user...

But he did die

Hes just a pink zombie now

nice screen, saved

He totally died. His heart wasn't beating, and they specifically say he was brought back to life.

It's also heavily implied that Steven comes to the realization that Lion had been brought back to life as well.

Lars died?

Yes

He was brought back but hes pink now

He is alive.

You could at least post a clip so people not autistic enough to watch SU can answer your question.

jesus christ i cant this hard enough

Trust me, it's nothing worth seeing, he taps a rock lightly and falls like two feet and then is revived less than 30 seconds later.

Fuck, I forgot about this.

>Immature adults
>Who don't watch cartoons

Bitch watch the original Transformers movie. "They're robots, not people" was the ultimate excuse to kill off a bunch of legit characters in brutal ways.

IT WAS ME DIB

Takes like 5 seconds to Google
youtu.be/umB0lLstVz4

Ya that was pretty fucked, especially for a kids show

>Takes like 5 seconds to Google
And my results were a bunch of lifeless spergs making prediction/leak/reaction videos about it and I don't care enough to put in more work than that.

Thats why OP said HUMAN characters

This is a bad meme.

You can be mature, productive and responsible and enjoy cartoons and comics in your off-time. Watching Game of Thrones/Housewives of Atlanta/Attack on Titan doesn't make you mature (I'd argue watching reality shows makes you a magnitude less mature but that's a different conversation).

Kid's show are kid's shows because they don't have "adult" themes like sex and gore, which some people don't want to see constantly when the rest of life is dramatic and stressful enough.

Thats fair, im not OP but ya they should have included a link

Duke dies in Combat on screen.

>hits a rock and falls

Come on, that's hardly violent.

ya
he fell what looked like a survivable height.
this is by no means heavy or ground breaking fro kid shows. every single iteration of a batman animated series has about 10 deaths, all more violent than lars.

not violently but Regular Show had a character that died, and wasn't even brought back to life

to be fair adventure time actually did some new stuff, but it was mostly weird and unsettling things. I can't remember any kid's show where the MC acts out his wet dreams.

Professor Pericles kills Hot-dog Water

it's not even the fall it was the point bank explosion which to their credit most shows let people walk away from unscathed (heck this show probably would've if it was anybody else). He didn't even get any shrapnel, I mean I don't want PUNISHED LARS but nigga just got his clothes messed and a scar on his eye for no reason, and that killed him without even a drop of blood.

Also had Leo decapitate the fuck out of Shredder in the 2003 series
Of course Shredder got better because reasons, but the intent and visuals were still there.

And? You can be alive AND previously dead, user, it's called fiction.

Fuck me, I just now realize "The Dog Dies" wasn't JUST a reference to Nova but to HDW as well. Fucking Christ that show was good.

My grandmother once spent a few minutes without heartbeat but somehow we don't call her a revenant now.

I thought it was pretty obvious when his head hit the rock that was supposed to suggest he had cracked his head, which explains the scar and why they kept that side of his face covered

Doubt a kids cartoon is allowed to show gore in this day and age

THEY WERE PRETTY VAGUE ABOUT IT

Wait a sec

You son of a bitch, I didn't catch that.

Korra has a double suicide and a gentle giant that had her head explode. Also the queen choked the fuck out

Really, this was supposed to be so violent?

Name some then, jackass. People only mention it because it happened recently.

When you get older your body slows down and sometimes the timing between each heartbeat gets spread out to long lengths.

I always thought it was implied that his friends finished him off to end the suffering from his injuries.

Why didn't Steven try to heal-spit him immediately?

I mean he couldn't assume he was dead immediately. I don't know it would ave made more sense if he had tried his spit first in a lass ditch effort, then seeing it did nothing, assume he was actually dead.

Then resurrecting tear would have fit the narrative flow better.

Incidentally.
Steven's spit: heal
Steven's tear: pink-resurrect

Rose's tear: heal
Rose's ?: pink-resurrect

Legend of Korra, the earth queen has the air sucked out of her lungs.

>Also the queen choked the fuck out

That was pretty crazy when it happened. The reason a lot of these scenes (including the SU Lars scene) are "intense" is because you're not sure the limits the show had when it comes to things like this. You knew the double suicide was coming the moment you saw the boat at the end, but you didn't know to what extent it was going to go down. The suffocating Queen was out of the blue because it raised the ceiling of what the show was capable. I feel like the death of the laser beam lady was underplayed because we already knew what the series was capable of when it came to killing off characters.

In SU's defense, they couldn't even use the word "kill" or "died" in the show, but was able to show lars fall and ragdoll in a non-comedic way. Very rarely, and under threat of being censored afterwards, are shows allowed to get away with things unless the show pussy-foots around the entire aspect of death.

I would have expected his pelvis to be crushed.

god Korra sucked overall but at least season 3 was a fun ride

the reactions from this episode were fucking great. Airbending like this was always a fanfic thing up until this point.

Then there's Bad End Beyond.

True enough, but you have to understand that SU isn't really an action-y show. Korra was. And despite the fanbase on Sup Forums SU isn't made for an older viewer-base, which korra was supposed to be marketed to.

It could be debated that SU is an action show or a weird "tragedy" where things happen sometimes.

>I feel like the death of the laser beam lady was underplayed because we already knew what the series was capable of when it came to killing off characters.

honestly this was the most gruesome death in any Avatar episode by FAR

it was more or less on screen and involved a head exploding

It always pisses me off that whoever made this forgot the two goons that Terry kills by throwing the large roller at.

>most gruesome death in any Avatar episode by FAR

To be fair, there was only 2 or 3 (if you include Fish killing) important deaths in the entire avatar series.

Vaginal juices. She had to ask Greg to get her off over Lion's corpse

>That time in Xiaolin Showdown when future Jack fucking murders everyone.
youtu.be/8BTMX7gOf-k?t=239

He goes up and listens to his heartbeat
There was nothing there so why would he try his spit?
Steven knew he was dead

Star Wars Rebels, Mandalorians being decapitated.

It happens at about 4:10

Everyone fucking dies in this show, All off screen of course, but the set up to their deaths is so intense you can only assume the worse. Wasn't till the series final when Virgil gets blown up on screen that your tiny little child mind freaks the fuck out.

>murders everyone.
>just kills a bunch of old people

ehh

true but that's really only because series 1 pulled a lot of punches because the show had a different relationship with Nick and was definitely aimed lower in the demographic

if Last Airbender had the same tone as Korra, it would have made sense for a lot of characters to not make it through the series like they did (Iroh for example)

unless I'm wrong not even half of the major antagonists from Korra made it out alive

my 2c anyways

Hey look its the parallels

Lars=Jasper
Sadie=Lapis

Clone Wars had much more violent deaths. Especially the ones with Ventress.

Heartbeat stop doesn't equal death.

Death is now equalled with flat encephalograph.

Incorrect, he is undead.

His vital organs aren't functioning so "alive" is not accurate.

His heart didn't only just stop beating, he obviously had his skull/neck broken. 100% ded

Okay user but thats often how characters are shown to die in fiction

Well that's because your grandma didn't KEEP GOING without a heartbeat.

>His vital organs aren't functioning
But they are functioning, you nincopoop.

There are several scenes of Steven listening for a heartbeat or a pulse in the last episode. Lars has none of that anymore.

Have you never heard the sound of when a human head BOUNCES off rock and/or concrete?
It'll give you a headache listening to it.

>And despite the fanbase on Sup Forums SU isn't made for an older viewer-base
ATLA was made for a younger fan-base and even Aang's not-death was a lot worse than Lars' not-death.